Author Topic: “What to do? Abandon conservative beliefs?” by Angela Graham-West  (Read 510 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
http://allenwestrepublic.com/2014/02/19/dr-angela-graham-west-what-to-do-abandon-conservative-beliefs/

February 18, 2014

Good Wednesday Morning!

Human Nature and the Electoral College.

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., offered a prediction last week “the GOP might never win a presidential election again if it doesn’t change its tune.”

“I think Republicans will not win again in my lifetime…unless they become a new GOP, a new Republican Party,” Paul said during an interview with conservative radio host Glenn Beck that aired Thursday. “And it has to be a transformation. Not a little tweaking at the edges.” He is right.

Very few minorities, very few females, very few young people, very few homosexual voters, few college graduates, very few new people…… Very few conservatives…. might lead up to a few votes short in the electoral college. That’s right, the electoral college. The outrage and nail-biting that went on with the commentators in the last election was simply a bit more theater than actual mathematics. The electoral map was lost because the democrats pulled most of the population rich states and therefore those with the most electoral votes. Simple math.

The reality is that the states which have changed from red to purple to blue have had large influxes from blue states and this will continue in the foreseeable future. So…… the question is “Why are these people fleeing the “blue” states?” Well many because of the economic situation, the crime, the taxes and many of the other ills. But what they do, rather than embrace a change or analyze what made their NEW destination desirable, they “re-create” the conditions that they left and the next thing you know …… you have another “blue state”. Human nature dictates that they seek what they were comfortable with in the surroundings that they left not realizing that they will re-create the problems as well. Ideology trumps facts. In addition, the prospects of migration from the blue states do not bode well for the state of Florida which has now surpassed New York in population. At the present time political party chameleon ,Charlie Crist, appears to be giving Governor Scott a run for his money…. surprisingly and literally. I asked a number of people, all Democrats, who they will vote for given Scott’s success with the economy. They looked at me and told me that they will vote for Crist, and they voted for him when he was a Republican. I asked them, several are graduates of Ivy League schools — making six figure salaries, “Why”. The answer…… “We like him”, “he makes us feel as though he “cares”". People will vote AGAINST their self interest upon how the candidate makes them FEEL.

I had someone tell me this weekend that we should become “more like them” – meaning the Democrats. That was a curious statement since there would then be no reason for the existence of the Republican Party. If you abandon your beliefs and become the same under a different name, you become “unbelievABLE” and you still lose. Consider that Ronald Reagan believed in the American people and was skeptical of government. Today’s Republican establishment believes in government and is skeptical of the American people. That’s why most Republican voters today believe the party is out of touch with the base. Rasmussen Reports.

Also consider this: Reagan’s views won a majority of the vote three times in three elections. Without Reagan, the GOP establishment has won a majority twice in the last 11 tries. 18% victory run does not amount to the “Duh winning” category.

One little tidbit…… Reagan might have been the oldest President elected to office but it appears that he was a bit more modern than one might think….. During the presidential campaign, questions were raised by reporters on Reagan’s stance on the Briggs Initiative, also known as Proposition 6, a ballot initiative in Reagan’s home state of California where he was governor, which would have banned gays, lesbians, and supporters of LGBT rights from working in public schools in California. His opposition to the initiative was instrumental in its landslide defeat by Californian voters. Reagan published an editorial in which he stated “homosexuality is not a contagious disease like the measles”, and that prevailing scientific opinion was that a child’s sexual orientation cannot be influenced by someone else. Los Angeles Herald-Examiner, 1978.

So….. not such good news but things can change. Remember the usage of words and understand that the party must care for its people, not just expect those who they feel worthy to care for them. Tom Perkins suggested Thursday that only taxpayers should have the right to vote — and that wealthy Americans who pay more in taxes should get more votes. Well…. interesting thought. (NOT). Stuff like this really does not help, and feeds into another type of human nature….. that of superiority. These type of thoughts and statements lead the party back in steps, not ahead.

So what to do? Abandon conservative beliefs? Nope, but make them relevant, care and become (IN)clusive instead of (OUT)reaching for votes at election time. Because, in the absence of excluding votes such as suggested by Mr. Perkins, everyone puts one vote in. …… equally…(maybe)

Nevertheless, take a look at the “favorable” map and form your own opinions….

New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

Re: “What to do? Abandon conservative beliefs?” by Angela Graham-West
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 02:08:30 pm »
So what to do? Abandon conservative beliefs? Nope, but make them relevant, care and become (IN)clusive instead of (OUT)reaching for votes at election time.
I agree. We need to communicate better to all constituencies just how negatively Democrat policies affect them.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: “What to do? Abandon conservative beliefs?” by Angela Graham-West
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 02:09:56 pm »
Figure it's the same as religion.

Live it. Don't just talk about it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink