Author Topic: McCain as Armed Services chairman?  (Read 434 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCain as Armed Services chairman?
« on: February 19, 2014, 07:26:48 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/198676-mccain-envisions-a-gop-controlled-senate-in-2015

February 19, 2014, 07:12 am
McCain as Armed Services chairman?

By Rebecca Shabad

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Tuesday night said if Republicans win control of the Senate this year, he would want to be chairman of the Armed Services Committee.

McCain was asked in an interview on Phoenix radio station KFYI’s “The Mike Broomhead Show” how he would envision a GOP takeover.

“I would be so happy to be chairman of the Armed Services Committee,” he said.

McCain said he’s qualified because he can fill a void in the world.

McCain gave up his spot as top Republican on the Armed Services panel last year to Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.), due to term limits. He was the ranking Republican on the committee for six years through 2012.

Still, many defense observers expect McCain would take the committee gavel if Republicans win the Senate, because McCain was never chairman during his tenure.

"There is no American leadership in the world, and that’s just a fact," he said.

Host Mike Broomhead asked McCain who could replace Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) in a minority’s leadership position.

“It would probably be [Sen. Charles] Schumer [D-N.Y.] or [Sen. Dick] Durbin [D-Ill.]. ... But Harry Reid people might keep it for all I know,” McCain said.

Republicans say they have a chance to take control of the Senate in November. 

Six of the Democrats’ incumbent senators running for reelection are considered vulnerable.

— This post was updated at 12:41 p.m.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline katzenjammer

Re: McCain as Armed Services chairman?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 07:35:29 pm »
Sure!!!  Why the heck not???  He could get us into at least 3 or 4 more wars around the world during his first year alone, for sure.....

:shrug:

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 07:36:13 pm »
Bummer!  When I saw the headline I thought he wanted to be armed services chairman for Iran or Syria. :thud:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 02:23:34 am »
No.

Just EFFING No.

I want a guy there who doesn't have personal shit to prove.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink