Author Topic: Louie Gohmert Creates PAC To Battle For Tea Party In GOP Civil War  (Read 573 times)

Offline happyg

Chuck Biscuits

Excerpted from The Huffington Post: Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) is launching a political action committee to defend ultra-conservatives against attacks from “mainstream” Republicans.

In an interview with the Daily Caller, Gohmert said he’s launching the GOH Conservative PAC because “there’s a war against the tea party.”

“That’s been a problem, we’ve seen in some races, where we’ve had leadership come and play and there was no counterbalance. So I’m going to do something about it,” Gohmert said.

“There’s a war against the tea party. There’s a war against conservatives, we’re told. If somebody declares war on me I’m not just going to lie down and take it. I’m going to fight,” Gohmert added. ”You’ve got to have money to fight opposition. The leaders in the party raise money so that [makes congressmen] feel they have to stay close to them. If we raise money on our own we can take a stand.” Keep reading

Excerpted from The Wire: Rep. Louie Gohmert’s GOH Conservative PAC will do for the House what Jim DeMint’s Senate Conservatives Fund has done for the Senate — create better funded infighting within the Republican party. Gohmert started the PAC to “[defend] conservative Republicans from the attacks that come from the mainstream,” as he told The Daily Caller on Tuesday. Gohmert said he’s modeling his PAC after the Senate Conservative Fund, which is currently trying to get House Speaker John Boehner fired for supporting the debt ceiling hike.

The PAC will be focused on issues like protecting America’s borders and the Second Amendment, as well as balancing the budget and fiscal issues. More importantly, it’ll give true conservatives the money and incentive to get away from RINOs like Boehner, who Gohmert thinks must be “reading the mainstream media and failing to read the record.” (Gohmert added that there was a “depression” when Boehner blamed Harry Reid’s shutdown on the Republicans.) Basically, there’s a war against the Tea Party, and you fight that war with money. Keep reading

http://patdollard.com/2014/02/louie-gohmert-creates-pac-to-battle-for-tea-party-in-gop-civil-war/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Louie Gohmert Creates PAC To Battle For Tea Party In GOP Civil War
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 06:11:58 pm »
Go Louie! Go!

Wish we had a lot more like you!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

Re: Louie Gohmert Creates PAC To Battle For Tea Party In GOP Civil War
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 06:31:19 pm »
Rep. Louie Gohmert’s GOH Conservative PAC will do for the House what Jim DeMint’s Senate Conservatives Fund has done for the Senate — create better funded infighting within the Republican party

This former judge does a great impersonation of a dullard when he speaks or is interviewed.

At least, I hope it's an impersonation.

In any case, this is what we need going into an election season:  more infighting ENCOURAGED by our elected representatives.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.