Author Topic: Bushcare  (Read 488 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Bushcare
« on: February 19, 2014, 09:12:46 AM »

Support the USO

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Bushcare
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 01:18:00 PM »
What about freemarket care?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 01:39:33 PM »

There's no such thing.  Getting government out of healthcare is well nigh impossible.

If human healthcare was similar to veterinary care, a true free market would exist.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 01:40:55 PM »
There's no such thing.  Getting government out of healthcare is well nigh impossible.

If human healthcare was similar to veterinary care, a true free market would exist.

We had a free market in health care until Hillary and Newt decided to drag the government into the act.  Actually totally free until LBJ decided to push seniors into a new plan called medicare.

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 01:42:13 PM »

The only reason that no longer exists is because the big time K street insurance lobby HATES the idea!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 01:44:03 PM »
The only reason that no longer exists is because the big time K street insurance lobby HATES the idea!

Yep........ 

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 01:46:31 PM »
We had a free market in health care until Hillary and Newt decided to drag the government into the act.  Actually totally free until LBJ decided to push seniors into a new plan called medicare.

Right on Rap! Right on!

When you get between the providers of healthcare and the consumers of healthcare and create a situation where the consumer no longer cares what the costs of healthcare are - as is the situation today -  there is no longer anything like a FREE market and the only way to fix it is to correct that problem!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 01:58:01 PM by Bigun »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 01:48:19 PM »
Right on Rap! Right on!

When you get between the providers of healthcare and the consumers of healthcare and create a situation where the consumer no longer cares what the costs of healthcare are - as is the situation today -  there is no longer anything like a FREE market and the only way to fix it sit to correct that problem!

and as is the case with Medicare force doctors to become employees of the government it is no longer free.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 02:22:28 PM »
EXACTLY!!  Medicare & Medicaid marked the beginning of the end!!  (And that Social Engineering in the Tax Code referenced above didn't help much either.)

I'm not that old (mid 50s) and I remember very well that my parents as well as the rest of all our working folk neighbors, family,  and friends all paid for our healthcare costs out of single income take home pay.  Did we scrimp on something else from time to time?  Sure did!  And we used doctors, testing, meds a heck of a lot less than most people do today!  (Except for folks like me that don't use any of it at all!  lol)

Government involvement in healthcare (basically like everything else) has skyrocketed costs and pretty much ruined it....
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 02:30:56 PM by katzenjammer »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 04:08:39 PM »
Doctors didn't need people like me back then, either. The person who checked you in, checked you out and handed you a copy of a superbill for you to fill and and submit to your insurance carrier for payment - you paid the doctor cash at the time of the visit and you waited for reimbursement, not the other way around. He needed the front desk and one nurse - that was it.  Today most people have no clue how many people the doctor has to pay to keep his practice running and keep him legal with the various carriers including private, but also Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, unions, etc... and the doctor's fee schedule is not that much increased from those days. In CA they pay $12,000 a year to renew their license.. Malpractice insurance keeps going up, rent, utilities, etc...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 12:43:19 PM »
EXACTLY!!  Medicare & Medicaid marked the beginning of the end!!  (And that Social Engineering in the Tax Code referenced above didn't help much either.)

I'm not that old (mid 50s) and I remember very well that my parents as well as the rest of all our working folk neighbors, family,  and friends all paid for our healthcare costs out of single income take home pay. 
I'm around your age and have seen the cancelled check my parents kept from when I was born. Mother checked into the hospital, gave birth, stayed several days, the hospital presented the bill and Dad paid it. End of story.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 12:51:39 PM »
Yup, it seemed to work quite well back then.  And (non-governmental) charity care was available for the truly needy.  In some cases all it took was a bit of a loan from friends/family/group, or a doctor accepting a reasonable payment each month (without interest) until the bill could be paid in full.

Unfortunately all of that has been destroyed, we will probably never see that world again, unless we are still alive after the reset.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf