Author Topic: O'Reilly: Bush, Obama Both Patriots  (Read 538 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
O'Reilly: Bush, Obama Both Patriots
« on: February 19, 2014, 01:35:58 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx?nodeid=553493

Newsmax
O'Reilly: Bush, Obama Both Patriots
Wednesday, February 19, 2014 08:14 AM

By: Drew MacKenzie

Fox News host Bill O’Reilly has defended his Super Bowl interview with President Barack Obama after being attacked by liberals for being too harsh and by tea party conservatives for being too soft.

On Tuesday’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” on ABC, “The O’Reilly Factor” host said that a 10 minute interview live was difficult and characterized Obama's as 'the toughest interview of my life'. "  He also talked about showing respect to any world leader, including Obama, and that he would never “throw water” on the president like right-wing conservatives hoped he would have done during the chat.

Saying that he doesn’t believe that Obama has some form of evil agenda to “subvert the nation,” O’Reilly said, “I am the toughest guy on the block when it comes to holding (leaders) accountable for what they do.

“Remember in the Obama interview, I asked why did you not fire (Health and Human Services Secretary) Kathleen Sebelius. She screwed up Obamacare. She’s still there. Why am I paying you her salary, for what? She should have been axed from day one. "

“He didn’t answer the question. I said, ‘You are not going to answer that are you.’ And he gave me the old Obama smile. Then I have to move along. I can’t pick up the water and throw it at him, as some of the right-wingers want me to do. I can’t.”

O’Reilly was attacked by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, a Democrat, for asking “inappropriate” questions of Obama in the interview while television commentator Geraldo Rivera accused him of being confrontational with the president and not showing him “the respect and deference that you pay the office."

But O’Reilly hit back against his critics on Kimmel, saying that it was his job to get information and he was only given a 10-minute window with Obama.

“The interview with President Obama is the toughest interview of my life. I’ve never done anything more difficult. You’re up against the clock from day one. And President Obama can do 20 minutes (talking about) socks. I mean, the guy is very eloquent and he can just take it where he wants to take it.

“But my job is to not have him do that, to answer a series of questions. So, therefore, I have to interrupt the most powerful man in the world. Which I did because I’m obnoxious, that's what I do -- part of my charm.

“But you can't do it in a way that denigrates him, that makes him look bad. Now, this is my third interview with Obama. I think I know him pretty well. So I know where I can get in. And before the interview, I say to him, ‘You know it's me, OK? This isn’t, I’m going to ask you one question and you're going to fly with your spin. That’s not going to happen. This is more of a conversation.’ And to his credit, he said OK. And he delivered."

O’Reilly also said that he believes that Obama truly wants the best for America and called him a true “patriot.”

“I like Barack Obama as I liked George W. Bush,” O’Reilly added. “I think they're both patriots. Now, you may not agree with their policies, you may think they're not managing well. That’s fine. Everybody has an opinion. But as human beings, I think they're both trying to do what's best for their country. So I admire that. I respect that.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline katzenjammer

Re: O'Reilly: Bush, Obama Both Patriots
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 02:16:52 pm »
At this point one has to wonder if this fool has been brain damaged....  at least it would give him an excuse, otherwise he is just an evil faux populist tool...   9999what

O’Reilly said, “I am the toughest guy on the block when it comes to holding (leaders) accountable for what they do.

Ummm, NO, you're a freakin' @*$%#&^!!!!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 02:18:26 pm by katzenjammer »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 02:21:25 pm »
This guy is nauseating in his velvet glove treatment of anybody associated with the Administration.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 02:43:19 pm »
Can't watch him! Every time I try he says something like this!

That and the fact that he asks his guest a question and then proceeds to talk over them EVERY TIME!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 02:46:29 pm »
I've gone through phases with BOR.
At first, I thought he was interesting, even though he was arrogant, and at times obtuse.
Then, I found him to be annoying and inconsistent, and quit watching with any regularity.
Now, I find him to be a disgusting self promoter who is miles apart from me ideologically. I dislike the man, and his program, and won't watch it again.

Offline happyg

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 03:33:31 pm »
At first, I thought he was interesting, even though he was arrogant, and at times obtuse.
Then, I found him to be annoying and inconsistent, and quit watching with any regularity.
Now, I find him to be a disgusting self promoter who is miles apart from me ideologically. I dislike the man, and his program, and won't watch it again.

I feel the same way. His self importance overrides common sense. I don't like him at all anymore.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 05:49:57 pm »
Someone should release some sort of hot mike tape with him saying he was behind the bunny killing scene in "The Walking Dead".
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 06:06:44 pm »

Word!!!!!!!!!!  You described me 1000%
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline raml

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 08:24:03 pm »
The only time his program has been on in my home is when my now deceased mom was visiting. She loved the man and even had all his books. My dad put up with it even though he didn't think much of Bill or his program. My mom was Irish and loved all that was Irish except for the Kennedy clan them she openly despised.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 08:24:21 pm by raml »