Author Topic: Montana governor says he told Harry Reid to buzz off  (Read 715 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Montana governor says he told Harry Reid to buzz off
« on: February 19, 2014, 02:09:37 am »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/02/14/montana-governor-says-he-told-harry-reid-to-buzz-off/

Montana governor says he told Harry Reid to buzz off

By Aaron Blake   
    February 14 at 5:26 pm

Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, left, introduces his lieutenant governor, John Walsh, as his interim appointment to the U.S. Senate in Helena, Mont., on Friday Feb. 7, 2014. Walsh, standing beside his wife Janet Walsh, will replace U.S. Sen. Max Baucus, who was confirmed as the next ambassador to China. (AP Photo/Matt Volz)

Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, left, introduces his lieutenant governor, John Walsh, as his interim appointment to the U.S. Senate in Helena, Mont., on Feb. 7. (Matt Volz/AP)

Montana Gov. Steve Bullock (D) says he had a pretty succinct message for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) when Reid called to inquire about whom Bullock would appointed to the Senate: Get lost.

"He wanted to weigh in on who I should choose, and this was before it was even public,” Bullock said, according to the Independent Record. “And I said it was none of your damn business.”

Bullock picked his now-former lieutenant governor, John Walsh (D), for the post. The move was seen as beneficial to national Democrats' hopes of holding the Senate, because Walsh was already running for the seat.

But Bullock said Reid had no input.

“I said, ‘You know what? Stay out of my decision-making. This is a decision I make and no one else. This is one of those decisions that voters have entrusted me with,'" Bullock said.

Bullock urged reporters to check in with Reid's office about the content of the conversation.

Reid's office didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Montana governor says he told Harry Reid to buzz off
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 02:09:56 am »
yeah right........
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Montana governor says he told Harry Reid to buzz off
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 02:12:34 am »
yeah right........

Took the words.....
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald