Author Topic: Rick Santorum heavily hints at 2016 presidential run: ‘I want to stay involved in the mix’  (Read 2385 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Former Pennsylvanian Republican senator and prior presidential candidate Rick Santorum strongly suggested he would be running for the White House again in 2016, claiming he “want to stay involved in the mix” and hitting Republican rival Rand Paul for bringing up Monica Lewinsky.

Santorum was asked by Fox News’ Stuart Varney whether the former senator’s upcoming trips to Iowa and New Hampshire means he will be again running for president in a couple years.

“I want to stay involved in the mix,” he said. “I’m certainly concerned about this election upcoming, and have left my options on the table for 2016. And if you’re going to leave your options on the table you’ve got to get around and see people.”

http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/18/rick-santorum-heavily-hints-at-2016-presidential-run-i-want-to-stay-involved-in-the-mix/#ixzz2tj3C0DIc
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline sinkspur

Please no.   Some people just can't take "no" for an answer.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
As long as he and Huckabee both run. That way the Iowa corn lobby splits the votes between the two.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline xfreeper

Well, I suppose he does serve a useful purpose......making the other candidates look better.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
No more damn retreads.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I think the GOP could put up anybody and win in 2016.  Santorum is a better candidate for President than most of the flawed humans who are running IMO.  I could easily pull the lever for him.  I hope he does run.  He is a solid conservative elected twice in liberally purple PA. 

rangerrebew

Another hard hitting republican in the fray. :drunk:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
No more damn retreads.

Agreed.

He's a decent man. We don't need a decent man right now. We need a hard ass who can do the unpopular.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline olde north church

Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Rapunzel

Agreed.

He's a decent man. We don't need a decent man right now. We need a hard ass who can do the unpopular.

I am not sure how decent he is.  I thought he was a complete bleep in 2012... he was downright rude and all about me, me, me in the debates and lied about Perry repeatedly in Iowa.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

I am not sure how decent he is.  I thought he was a complete bleep in 2012... he was downright rude and all about me, me, me in the debates and lied about Perry repeatedly in Iowa.

Why do you get to say "bleep" and I don't?

Why do you get to say "bleep" and I don't?

I guess I do get to say "bleep"!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

I'll cut him a bit of slack - though I wanted Perry and phone banked for Newt when Perry dropped out. It's the name of the primary game.

Santorum's a good family man, holds his beliefs honestly. That I accept. Yet something about him puts my teeth slightly on edge. Just never worked out what it was.

Offline Rapunzel

I'll cut him a bit of slack - though I wanted Perry and phone banked for Newt when Perry dropped out. It's the name of the primary game.

Santorum's a good family man, holds his beliefs honestly. That I accept. Yet something about him puts my teeth slightly on edge. Just never worked out what it was.

He was never able to even be elected to the senate from his home state of PA... for starters. Supported liberal Arlen Spector over conservative Pat Toomey for another, Rick Santorum is one of the most self-serving men I've seen run for President.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
He was never able to even be elected to the senate from his home state of PA... for starters. Supported liberal Arlen Spector over conservative Pat Toomey for another, Rick Santorum is one of the most self-serving men I've seen run for President.

I sort of expect politicians to have their eye on the main chance, no matter which side of the aisle they are on. It wasn't that.

Could be his overt religious stance. Different culture here and that does make me uncomfortable. Could be he's a bit of a smug sod on the quiet. Could be the one trick pony aspect to his run. I honestly don't know. I was just relieved when he dropped out.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
No more damn retreads.

:silly: that is a nice way to put it and I agree.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

I think the GOP could put up anybody and win in 2016.  Santorum is a better candidate for President than most of the flawed humans who are running IMO.  I could easily pull the lever for him.  I hope he does run.  He is a solid conservative elected twice in liberally purple PA.

Good grief, the man was soundly tossed out on his ass by the same liberally purple PA the last time he ran.

Offline Rapunzel

He was elected ONCE.. and then kicked to the curb by voters who were angry at his support of Spector over Toomey.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Does he have a job?  How's he feeding his family? 

Seriously.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
   Rick Santorum heavily hints at 2016 presidential run: ‘I want to stay involved in the mix’ 

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

He was elected ONCE.. and then kicked to the curb by voters who were angry at his support of Spector over Toomey.
You can make up what ever facts you want, but Santorum was elected in 1994 to the US Senate and re-elected in 2000 according to reality.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
You can make up what ever facts you want, but Santorum was elected in 1994 to the US Senate and re-elected in 2000 according to reality.
Santorum was elected and served in the House, then Senate, from 1991 until 2007. He lost reelection in 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Santorum

He seems like the perfect candidate, for a decreasing fraction of the center-right voting potential demographic.

He has found a career lengthening niche using the Buchanan-Gingrich model of permanent media entertainer, whereby running or threatening to run is almost mandatory.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Rap may have been mistaken on his length in office but not about why he was defeated..

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/03/20/specter-2006-hey-if-not-for-rick-santorum-i-wouldnt-have-been-reelected/

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/71455.html

these are just a few of the many articles about it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

Offline Olivia

I don't know why but Rick Santorum sets my teeth on edge.  I can't figure it out, but he acts and talks kind of smug, like he's on some upper level of earth and you're down in the ditch.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim