Author Topic: Geraldo: ‘I Don’t Give a Sh*t,’ ‘I’ve Been Looking to Get Killed in Action for Years’  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.mediaite.com/online/geraldo-%E2%80%98i-don%E2%80%99t-give-a-sht%E2%80%99-%E2%80%98i%E2%80%99ve-been-looking-to-get-killed-in-action-for-years%E2%80%99/

Geraldo: ‘I Don’t Give a Sh*t,’ ‘I’ve Been Looking to Get Killed in Action for Years’
by Josh Feldman | 1:38 pm, February 18th, 2014 video

Geraldo Rivera got remarkably candid in a conversation with The Blaze’s Will Cain about his desire not to outlive his own fame. He even admitted that part of the reason he’s been to dangerous places like Libya and Iraq is because he’s “been looking to get killed in action for years.”

Rivera said he doesn’t want to be one of those guys who, when they die, everyone will point out how great they used to be, and that’s why he stays engaged.

And, in addition to that, he likes having a little bit of danger in his life:

“I want to die with my boots on. That’s half the reason why I go to these places––Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, getting shot at––I’d rather die, I’ve been looking to get killed in action for years. That’s one of the reasons I’m so bold. Because I don’t give a shit.”

Cain asked if he’s “addicted to fame,” and Rivera hesitated. He joked he’s certainly “addicted to paying the bills,” but when it comes right down to it, he said, “I don’t want people coming up to me and saying, ‘Didn’t you used to be Geraldo Rivera?’”

Watch the video below, via BlazeTV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXi5hY83MFI
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I think Geraldo is nuts.  I'm not concerned about Geraldo getting killed - I'm more concerned about the lives of our military that he puts in danger with his showboating. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I think Geraldo is nuts.  I'm not concerned about Geraldo getting killed - I'm more concerned about the lives of our military that he puts in danger with his showboating.

The guy wants to be remembered....that's for sure.

Maybe EC could shed some light on his comments....regarding his penchant for going into dangerous situations and environments.  :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Doesn't he have young kids with his young wife?  What a selfish pr*ck.

Offline Rapunzel

Doesn't he have young kids with his young wife?  What a selfish pr*ck.

Yep...... I think he is whacked out.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Has been since he was known as Gerry Rivers!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The guy wants to be remembered....that's for sure.

Maybe EC could shed some light on his comments....regarding his penchant for going into dangerous situations and environments.  :laugh:

:tongue2:

Dude is dangerous. Simple as that. He'd be a liability to whatever poor sods have to carry his ass, and is like enough to get someone injured or killed for his own hubris and need for attention.

Look - life is dangerous. There are places that are dangerous but that need to be visited. I'd climb a mountain if totally necessary - but I would do it in the most cautious, chicken hearted manner you can imagine. Does he need to be there? No, he does not. He'd better serve the people there by telling their stories instead of his own.

And really - he wants to die in action? Bull - bleep - shit. He's a bleep tourist. Nothing more.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Let's not forget the Al Capone's vault fiasco. :thud:

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
One of the greatest moments of live television ever filmed......the singular shame is that they only hit him once.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1KT1QoSCT8

:beer:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
That one never gets old  :laugh:

Offline Rivergirl

Many wives, many children.  At his age he is beginning to realize he's actually accomplished nothing of any worth in his professional life.

Offline olde north church

Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

Offline mountaineer

I want to die with my boots on.
Or his clothes off, if that "selfie" is any indication.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline NavyCanDo

The toughest man in the Navy Seals, Army Special Forces or Marine’s Special Operations Command, or even a Blackwater contractor – would never say they are going into a hostile area hoping to be killed.  One, nobody would want to be assigned to the same unit as someone with a death wish, and two they would not pass the physiological test  by the unit doctor to even be deployed.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Thank you, Sir. They'd be bounced out so damned fast they'd not stop skidding for weeks.

Rule one. Achieve your objective.
Rule two. Survive.
Rule three. Get your crew out in one piece.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The toughest man in the Navy Seals, Army Special Forces or Marine’s Special Operations Command, or even a Blackwater contractor – would never say they are going into a hostile area hoping to be killed.  One, nobody would want to be assigned to the same unit as someone with a death wish, and two they would not pass the physiological test  by the unit doctor to even be deployed.   

Which is why no one wanted anything to do with this particular idiot during the first Gulf war!

Real warriors don't much worry about dying. Everyone is going to do that eventually. What they DO worry about is some IDIOT (Geraldo) doing something stupid that will get their friends killed for no good reason!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 08:29:36 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Thank you, Sir. They'd be bounced out so damned fast they'd not stop skidding for weeks.

Rule one. Achieve your objective.
Rule two. Survive.
Rule three. Get your crew out in one piece.

ABSOFREEKINLOUTELY!!!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

Has he secretly converted to islam and think he'll get 72 virgins if he's killed in action?  It kind of sounds like it.

Offline happyg

Has he secretly converted to islam and think he'll get 72 virgins if he's killed in action?  It kind of sounds like it.

No one has ever mentioned what those 72 virgins look like.

rangerrebew

No one has ever mentioned what those 72 virgins look like.

Lord!  I've been married for 37 years and can't begin to imagine 71 more running women around the house.  That would be hell on earth. :silly: