Author Topic:  (Read 453 times)

Offline Rapunzel

« on: February 18, 2014, 05:12:46 PM »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 09:33:02 AM »
Isn't Safeway a Mormon-owned company? I may be mistaken, but if it is, shouldn't he have lambasted them on their Prop. 8 homophobia or something?  :pondering:
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 12:57:54 PM »
Isn't Safeway a Mormon-owned company? I may be mistaken, but if it is, shouldn't he have lambasted them on their Prop. 8 homophobia or something?  :pondering:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skaggs_family?
M.B. Skaggs, first President of Safeway, plus an early and a modern Safeway store .... In Ogden, Utah L.J. meets and marries Mary Dee, daughter of a Mormon ...

Does a Mormon own Safeway Stores - WikiAnswers
Currently, Safeway is a publically traded company and is therefore owned by stockholders, not an individual. The Mormon Church does not have stock in ...

Does Mormon church own safeway - WikiAnswers
No. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the "Mormon" church) has absolutely nothing to do with Safeway or any other grocery store. The church ...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 08:46:02 PM »
OK, I just remembered something about that back when I lived in a state where one could find a Safeway.  ^-^
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 08:50:32 PM »
OK, I just remembered something about that back when I lived in a state where one could find a Safeway.  ^-^

Good memory, the founders were. I guess the church got out of the grocery store business, used to be a chain (not Safeway) in SoCal that was owned by the Mormon Church.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 09:24:04 PM »
Good memory, the founders were. I guess the church got out of the grocery store business, used to be a chain (not Safeway) in SoCal that was owned by the Mormon Church.

That was quite a while ago and I do believe it was intended to help support Mormon families to obtain food to set aside for time of need.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf