Author Topic: Zero Oregon Obamacare Enrollees After Four Months and $305 Million  (Read 859 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/02/18/Oregon-Obamacare-Exchange-has%20Zero-Enrollments

Zero Oregon Obamacare Enrollees After Four Months and $305 Million

by Robert Wilde 18 Feb 2014, 9:16 AM PDT

More than four months after its scheduled launch and despite receiving $305 million in federal grants and spending at least $160 million on the website, Cover Oregon has not enrolled anyone.

U.S. Rep. Greg Walden (R-OR) and other leaders of the House Energy and Commerce Committee wrote a letter to the General Accountability Office, stating, "The catastrophic breakdown of Cover Oregon is unacceptable, and taxpayers deserve accountability."

The letter notes that the Obamacare federal exchange, HealthCare.gov, and the various state exchanges "have encountered numerous problems." Yet, according to Walden, Cover Oregon, the healthcare exchange for the state of Oregon, may have won the booby prize.

"Although the rollout of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act has been problematic nationwide, no state has had more complications than Oregon," Walden and the other congressmen wrote. "Oregon's state exchange website, Cover Oregon, has been such a technological failure that even now, months after the start of the open enrollment period, the site is unable to enroll anyone."

It is likely the GAO probe will be granted, considering that GAO staff workers helped Congressman Walden craft the wording of the letter. According to a GAO spokesman, this is believed to be the first time legislators have asked for a federal investigation of an Obamacare exchange run by an individual state.

When CNBC asked Ariane Holm, a Cover Oregon spokeswoman, for an explanation of the website failure, she responded, "We are aware of this and have no further comment."

On the other hand, Walden had plenty to say. "This is an embarrassment for the state to have a website like this that doesn't function, he told The Bulletin, an Oregon newspaper. "It's extraordinary mismanagement."
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Zero Oregon Obamacare Enrollees After Four Months and $305 Million
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 09:38:12 pm »
But the democrat party of Oregon's campaign coffers are overflowing I'm sure!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 09:38:49 pm »
But the democrat party of Oregon's campaign coffers are overflowing I'm sure!

yep........
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 09:57:55 pm »
Did you hear Romney had a horse and Ted Cruz reads to his children?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 10:23:03 pm »
I love your wry humor there, Gazoo!   :patriot: