Author Topic: Lamar Alexander crushing Tea Party foe, leads 7-1 among key conservatives  (Read 8579 times)

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: Lamar Alexander crushing Tea Party foe, leads 7-1 among key conservatives
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2014, 06:05:16 pm »
Let's just continue to piss one another off, shall we?

Hopeless.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 06:05:41 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2014, 06:14:27 pm »
Disgusting if true.  Alexander is one of the worst GOP senators and should be easily replaced by a true Conservative.  I could hold my nose and vote for Cornyn and McConnell.  As far as Alexander goes, If I lived in TN, I would probably vote democrat to replace that sorry piece of RINO.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2014, 06:16:28 pm »
Disgusting if true.  Alexander is one of the worst GOP senators and should be easily replaced by a true Conservative.  I could hold my nose and vote for Cornyn and McConnell.  As far as Alexander goes, If I lived in TN, I would probably vote democrat to replace that sorry piece of RINO.

This is what irritates me - this continual returning really, really bad so-called Republicans to the senate - it is what has turned the senate into nothing more than a country club.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2014, 06:18:51 pm »
This is what irritates me - this continual returning really, really bad so-called Republicans to the senate - it is what has turned the senate into nothing more than a country club.

Agreed Rap.  Overcoming the so-called low-information voter is a killer.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2014, 06:19:53 pm »

Haven't paid much attention to this one but if Alexander is that far ahead the challenger must be a REAL piece of work as there is no bigger RINO around than Lamar!

Here's the opponent's website!  Looks OK to me! I would probably vote for him!

December PPP poll had him down by 6!  http://www.electionprojection.com/2014-elections/races/2014-tennessee-senate-race.php

« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 06:27:26 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2014, 06:27:47 pm »

What irritates me are voters from Arizona trying to tell Republican voters in Tennessee who their Senators ought to be.

Same for voters in Texas.  Most Texans like and approve of John Cornyn.  Any other state in the union is free to grab that jewel Steve Stockman and stick him in office in your state.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2014, 06:28:23 pm »
Oh lawd I see I missed this last night.  :silly:

How do you know TS is a conservative? Posting history from here and a few old timers of politics on the net would say differently.

No offense TS but shit-stirring troll is more accurate then than conservative.
Your profane language is not setting the correct example for a moderator, nor is use of profanity a conservative value.

And your harassment of me is also inappropriate for a moderator, or for anybody.

Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan were conservatives, but couldn't pass the litmus test of some of the most ardent "posting history" enforcers of today.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2014, 06:29:29 pm »
Hey Sink--most voting Texans chose Ted Cruz too.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2014, 06:30:09 pm »
Your profane language is not setting the correct example for a moderator, nor is use of profanity a conservative value.

And your harassment of me is also inappropriate for a moderator, or for anybody.

Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan were conservatives, but couldn't pass the litmus test of some of the most ardent "posting history" enforcers of today.

1) Gazoo is NOT a moderator here and as such has as much right to an opinion as you....

2) IF she WAS a moderator here she would still have a right to her opinion when posting as herself and not as MOD1 of MOD2.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2014, 06:31:35 pm »

:thumbsup2:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2014, 06:36:19 pm »

Yes they did.  I will vote for him when and if he runs again for Senate.

See, I'll support a Tea Party  candidate because he's superior to any Democrat.  There are those, however, who back Tea Party candidates who will vote for a Democrat over an incumbent "RINO."

That's pretty sick.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2014, 06:36:52 pm »
Someone here would be well advised to Go Here and check out the lay of the land before running his mouth about his own wishes and hopes as if they were facts!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2014, 06:44:31 pm »

1) Gazoo is NOT a moderator here and as such has as much right to an opinion as you....

2) IF she WAS a moderator here she would still have a right to her opinion when posting as herself and not as MOD1 of MOD2.
Aren't we all entitled to our opinions, without stalking and harassment by other members? (And without juvenile use of profanity which is NOT a conservative value.)

Or are we witnessing the beginning of the era of "posting history" enforcers on this site?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2014, 06:47:13 pm »
Aren't we all entitled to our opinions, without stalking and harassment by other members? (And without juvenile use of profanity which is NOT a conservative value.)

Or are we witnessing the beginning of the era of "posting history" enforcers on this site?

Speaking as me - and not a moderator - a) your accusations of "stalking" are getting really old and b) you gore as often as you are gored grow a thicker skin if you are going to voice a strong opinion on any forum.

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2014, 06:48:31 pm »

You're one of the biggest baiters on this site.  Given that, I would wager you probably have a high Abuse-button history here too.   :beer:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2014, 06:48:57 pm »

Hey - if I can't use profanity, I'd be mute.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2014, 06:50:41 pm »
Hey - if I can't use profanity, I'd be mute.  :shrug:

But you use it so... so...
artfully.
John Steinbeck

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2014, 06:55:41 pm »
 :silly: :silly:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2014, 06:56:13 pm »
But you use it so... so...
artfully.

Comes from many years of experience in an environment that requires it for even the most basic communications!  :sword:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2014, 07:00:53 pm »

You must have copied that awfully fast ts..I responded rather quickly to your report and removed it.......btw..Gazoo is not a Mod
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2014, 07:05:21 pm »
You must have copied that awfully fast ts..I responded rather quickly to your report and removed it.......btw..Gazoo is not a Mod

:silly:

LOL--I knew it!  Boy, its always the most obnoxious who are also the most thin-skinned.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2014, 07:07:22 pm »
Comes from many years of experience in an environment that requires it for even the most basic communications!  :sword:

Hey, if we didn't swear, they'd think we didn't love them or something!  :laugh:

It can be awkward to remember to tone it down a bit. Our Dani's very first clear word was the F word. I dictate articles and she would sleep next to my chair.

And congrats to Gazoo. You would make an Effing awesome mod  :tongue2:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2014, 07:10:32 pm »
Hey, if we didn't swear, they'd think we didn't love them or something!  :laugh:

LOL! For sure!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2014, 07:45:29 pm »

It can be awkward to remember to tone it down a bit. Our Dani's very first clear word was the F word. I dictate articles and she would sleep next to my chair.

And congrats to Gazoo. You would make an Effing awesome mod  :tongue2:

:silly: Stop the mod rumors, even in humor please. It is my opinion that TS knew darn well I am not a mod as all mods have pretty colors to their names. It was kind of TS to point out my potty mouth and awful grammar.
All of this addressed nothing to either the subject of the thread or TS's politics. Oh well so be it.  And for the record you could not pay me to be a mod it is not my thing.

I still think the Obsession perfume posting is funny I don't care who you are and I will back up the obsession poster all day long.

And Lamar needs to retire don't you think, Truth Seeker?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 07:46:24 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2014, 07:55:12 pm »
Yes they did.  I will vote for him when and if he runs again for Senate.

See, I'll support a Tea Party  candidate because he's superior to any Democrat.  There are those, however, who back Tea Party candidates who will vote for a Democrat over an incumbent "RINO."

That's pretty sick.

William F. Buckley did it and no one ever said that he was "pretty sick."  When the Republican is closer in ideology to the democrat than to the Tea Party, it makes perfect sense to remove the RINO by whatever means necessary.