Author Topic: Obama’s Minimum-Wage Executive Order Is Unconstitutional  (Read 1475 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Obama’s Minimum-Wage Executive Order Is Unconstitutional
« on: February 18, 2014, 05:29:06 am »
The president issued an executive order last week purporting to raise the minimum wage for employees of federal contractors to $10.10 an hour. The order is unconstitutional.

The Supreme Court made clear in Youngstown Sheet and Tube Co. v. Sawyer that “the President’s power, if any, to issue the [executive] order must stem either from an act of Congress or from the Constitution itself.” Furthermore, “when the president takes measures incompatible with the expressed or implied will of Congress, his power is at its lowest ebb, for then he can rely only upon his own constitutional powers minus any constitutional powers of Congress over the matter.”

Nothing in the Constitution grants the president authority to set or raise the minimum wage independently of an act of Congress. Furthermore, although the president generally has authority to improve the efficient discharge of federal contracts, the president’s minimum-wage order is incompatible with the expressed and implied will of Congress.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/371284/minimum-wage-executive-order-unconstitutional-peter-kirsanow

Does anyone really believe Obama was a constitutional professor?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:29:28 am by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Obama’s Minimum-Wage Executive Order Is Unconstitutional
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 11:02:47 am »

I do. You have to know the Constitution front, back and sideways to get around it so efficiently.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 12:55:50 pm »

That "constitutional professor" nonsense is particularly grating to me. I have several degrees and accomplishments in my life and I had to work very hard for every one of them. To have this slacker nobody come out and 'claim' to have a status like that is entirely untrue and is more than insulting. But this is nothing new in American Black culture. Growing up in America I became convinced that every Black male adult was somehow automatically a "Reverend" (whatever that is?). So many Black people were calling themselves 'reverend' that it became literally comical.

Now I have noticed in the Black community that 'reverend' is no longer sufficient. Many Black activists are somehow becoming 'Doctors'. lol It matters not to me what empty titles they want to give themselves, but 'professor' in the way it is being used with Obama is different to me. It is something I take more seriously. I guess I am just sensitive to this title because of my life experience.

The 'constitutional professor' moniker had to be devised because Obama was nothing. He is a disbarred ex-lawyer with no background or any actual achievements. They had to come up with "something" and when they discovered Obama 'guest lectured' a few times at a college in Chicago his "professorship" was born.

This has proven to me beyond a doubt that if you tell a lie often enough, it can displace any fact or truth. This is what the American press has done. And that is not even the scariest thing. The most disturbing thing is the ease with which Obama lies about his background. The most disturbing part is that I think he truely believes his own lies and he believes the lies told about him. In his twisted mind, he actually believes he is a "Professor", he actually believes he is the messianic figure the press created, and that should disturb any rational person.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 12:56:46 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 05:13:16 pm »
It is my understanding that Barack Obama was nothing more than an occasional lecturer in some college classes.

He wasn't even an adjunct professor.

His whole life is a lie.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 05:28:00 pm »
It is my understanding that Barack Obama was nothing more than an occasional lecturer in some college classes.

His whole life is a lie.

On TOS there was someone who had him as a lecturer (wish I could remember the guy's name! Had the thread bookmarked, but that was 2 laptops ago.). His Constitutional law lecturer the following term basically had to take them back to first principles.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 05:32:07 pm »

The 'constitutional professor' moniker had to be devised because Obama was nothing. He is a disbarred ex-lawyer with no background or any actual achievements. They had to come up with "something" and when they discovered Obama 'guest lectured' a few times at a college in Chicago his "professorship" was born.

This has proven to me beyond a doubt that if you tell a lie often enough, it can displace any fact or truth. This is what the American press has done. And that is not even the scariest thing. The most disturbing thing is the ease with which Obama lies about his background. The most disturbing part is that I think he truely believes his own lies and he believes the lies told about him. In his twisted mind, he actually believes he is a "Professor", he actually believes he is the messianic figure the press created, and that should disturb any rational person.

goopo

I am surprised they didn't claim Obama was also a :judge:

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 05:36:59 pm »
On TOS there was someone who had him as a lecturer (wish I could remember the guy's name! Had the thread bookmarked, but that was 2 laptops ago.). His Constitutional law lecturer the following term basically had to take them back to first principles.

I could not find it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:46:44 pm by Gazoo »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 05:58:38 pm »
So who is out there proposing to do anything meaningful about this???

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 06:05:21 pm »
So who is out there proposing to do anything meaningful about this???

Judge Janine filled in for Greta last night and had Trey Gowdy on for two segments... he is beyond frustrated - one because they really need a select investigative committee for all this stuff, but also because the senate is not doing a thing... at one point when they were discussing the HLS guy who just quit after less than 6 months and only qualification was raising money for Janet Napolitano for AZ Governor as well as these ambassador joke appointments he said "the senates job is advise and consent - not roll over and play dead!"  As long as Boehner refuses to name select committees and the GOP senators keep approving people that should not be approved we are pretty much screwed, the people who DO want to do something have their hands tied by leadership in both houses.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 06:08:39 pm »
I could not find it.

Same - and I been looking! Only thing I can remember about it was it was back around the end of 2010, beginning of 2011.

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 07:14:13 pm »
The point can't be decided in a vacuum; if it's unconstitutional then we need the facts - the relevant provisions of law - that make it so.  Otherwise, unless Congress mandated that all federal contracts adhere to the federal minimum wage, the president may in fact have the power to fine-tune the performance of the government's contracts with third-party vendors, including by raising the minimum wage.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 11:21:04 pm »

Offline happyg

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 03:37:51 pm »

It's too bad our congresscritters don't pay attention to what the people want an need, but what they want and think they need.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 03:47:24 pm »
Obama has never yet been a professor (either tenured or associate) of anything!

He worked as a lecturer for the University of Chicago for about 10 years. Not the same as a professor at all!

https://theobamahustle.wordpress.com/tag/university-of-chicago/

« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 03:49:59 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 04:35:51 pm »

He worked as a lecturer for the University of Chicago for about 10 years. Not the same as a professor at all!

And the media lied for him...

Unbelievable!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 04:42:56 pm »

His whole life is a lie.

Yep! Pretty much!

:beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 05:26:09 pm »
4. A senior lecturer is one thing. A fully ranked law professor is another. According to the Chicago Sun-Times, "Obama did NOT 'hold the title' of a University of Chicago law school professor". Barack Obama was NOT a Constitutional Law professor at the University of Chicago.

5. The University of Chicago released a statement in March, 2008 saying Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) "served as a professor" in the law school, but that is a title Obama, who taught courses there part-time, never held, a spokesman for the school confirmed in 2008.

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2010/03/to-be-lawyer-or-not-to-be.html

Paging the media media come in please.

Maybe Sharyl Atkinson will report it after she gets a screaming phone call from the White House because she did.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 05:28:09 pm by Gazoo »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 05:37:27 pm »

Thank you, brother! I couldn't find it anywhere.

Offline happyg

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 05:44:42 pm »

His students should have demanded their money back because they knew more about the Constitution that he did. He never did like our Constitution, and preferred his form of government, which is Marxism. He never attended faculty meetings, and when he did attend any kind of meeting, he was late.

Remember when he said the Constitution states that all men are created equal? Does he really believe that was part of the Constitution?

The Senate was a stepping stone, handed to him by Chicago politics, by destroying the opposition. He would have rather skipped that part, and just been selected president. He was late, or a no-show, or voted present his time in the Senate. He had no clue, nor respect for the job. I found this video interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ah9W24oMIRc

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 05:50:05 pm »

No problem Brother!

Happy to be of service!  :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 06:06:08 pm »

I thought of you when Big posted it. I wanted to alert you to it. Glad you found it. There is another link I am thinking of that cannot be found.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 06:06:28 pm by Gazoo »