Author Topic: Nutribullet: Anyone tried It?  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Nutribullet: Anyone tried It?
« on: February 18, 2014, 04:29:29 am »
I tried a Hamilton Beach Juicer and it was a pain in the butt to clean and all of the content of the fruit and veggies was chunked and lost in consumption.

I got the nutribullet and tried this today.

I know someone that stopped having night sweats from the pause of men lol and lost 42 lbs and feels great.

I figure it can't hurt and the above drink made me feel great afterwards.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:46:11 am by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Nutribullet: Anyone tried It?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 04:34:30 am »
Had one for a year.  I use mine every single day for my morning smoothie.  Love it.  1/2 coconut milk, 1/2 almond milk, Energy Powder and Whey Powder, lecithin, chia seeds, frozen peaches, raspberries and some greens... a little ice..... I've worn out one of the blades and am working on the second blade - may have to replace my machine in a few months.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 04:50:06 am »
The one I just got has two blades. One for nuts the other for all the rest. The cashier said she needs to get the new one because of the second blade added.

I use a no sugar added berry juice instead of water. My ice and water tastes funny unless I filter it and even then nasty. So I would use bottled water if the berry juice is not available.

I noticed a certain berry that I could not find tonight. Acai I think? Will try Whole Market.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:51:18 am by Gazoo »

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 04:53:33 am »
My bad I meant Goji Berries not Acai. To make this recipe.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 05:09:28 am »
The one I just got has two blades. One for nuts the other for all the rest. The cashier said she needs to get the new one because of the second blade added.

I use a no sugar added berry juice instead of water. My ice and water tastes funny unless I filter it and even then nasty. So I would use bottled water if the berry juice is not available.

I noticed a certain berry that I could not find tonight. Acai I think? Will try Whole Market.

Walmart (our Walmart) has Acai in the juice section near the milk. Instead of water try coconut milk. The Almond alone is too thick for me so I do half and half. I like the frozen fruit as I don't have to add much ice to the mix.    Yes, mine has three blades, once for nuts and two alike for everything else. 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 05:16:38 am »
It is Goji berries I could not find in Lowes food store. I found my drink was THICK tonight and the ingredients could have been halfed. Was it the nuts that made it thick? I am new at this and do not have the amounts down yet. By the time I added the first recipe I posted it did not seem like a lot of room left for the water part. 1 cup of berries 2 handfuls of Kale was a lot.

Oh and if you keep a little part of the stem on the Kale leaves is that okay?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 05:23:22 am »
It is Goji berries I could not find in Lowes food store. I found my drink was THICK tonight and the ingredients could have been halfed. Was it the nuts that made it thick? I am new at this and do not have the amounts down yet. By the time I added the first recipe I posted it did not seem like a lot of room left for the water part. 1 cup of berries 2 handfuls of Kale was a lot.

Oh and if you keep a little part of the stem on the Kale leaves is that okay?

Yep, cut the berries in half for sure.  The nuts to thicken it, too, which is why  use have almond milk and half coconut milk, the coconut milk is too thin alone and the almond too thick alone 1/2 and 1/2 is about right...   

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 06:06:27 am »
Nuts are variable, like all living things.

I am trying to gain weight again - a shake of whey protein, a banana, 2 multi-vitamin tabets, milk and two tablespoons of peanut butter seems to help (tastes like crap though).
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 12:33:34 pm »
Nuts are variable, like all living things.

I am trying to gain weight again - a shake of whey protein, a banana, 2 multi-vitamin tabets, milk and two tablespoons of peanut butter seems to help (tastes like crap though).

I know someone that needs a weight gain and boost is just not cutting it. They had C-Diff and finally went on good probiotics and the problem ended. They now need weight gain-quickly. A good protein shake?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 12:40:57 pm »
I know someone that needs a weight gain and boost is just not cutting it. They had C-Diff and finally went on good probiotics and the problem ended. They now need weight gain-quickly. A good protein shake?

One of my friends on another forum swears by this recipe. He's a body builder, but smart with it. Pretty much any whey protein will do, but don't skip the peanut butter - it is loaded with proteins and good fats.

The one important thing is that they exercise every singe day. Otherwise they'll wind up with a decent sized belly and nothing else! It doesn't have to be rigorous - a few weight reps (fill a milk jug with sand and wet it) and a good fast walk is enough to build muscle rather than fat.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 12:59:19 pm »
I make my Missus a spinach smoothie for breakfast every day.  Yogurt, banana, fresh spinach and a variety of frozen fruit.  The vitamin C and the Iron she gets makes an enormous difference in how she feels and in her energy levels.  Great stuff....

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 01:05:49 pm »
I tried a Hamilton Beach Juicer and it was a pain in the butt to clean and all of the content of the fruit and veggies was chunked and lost in consumption.

I got the nutribullet and tried this today.

I know someone that stopped having night sweats from the pause of men lol and lost 42 lbs and feels great.

I figure it can't hurt and the above drink made me feel great afterwards.

Except for the kale I have something similar every morning.

How does your recipe taste, Gazoo?