Author Topic: ‘Not a Dry Eye Watching This Video’: The Heartwarming Story of ‘A Boy and His Dog’ That You Just Have to See  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02/16/not-a-dry-eye-watching-this-video-the-heartwarming-story-of-a-boy-and-his-dog-that-you-just-have-to-see/

‘Not a Dry Eye Watching This Video’: The Heartwarming Story of ‘A Boy and His Dog’ That You Just Have to See
Feb. 16, 2014 1:55pm Oliver Darcy   

A new short movie posted to YouTube Thursday showcases the love a 7-year-old boy diagnosed with a rare medical condition and a three legged dog share — and it’s almost guaranteed to melt your heart.

The video, centered around Owen Howkins, who has Schwartz-Jamel syndrome, and the bond he shares with his three legged dog Haatchi, who was previously abused, has gone viral in just days.

Since it was posted online, it has touched thousands and surpassed 300,000 views on YouTube.

“Incredible how these two rescued each other.”

Share:

“Incredible how these two rescued each other,” commented one individual on the YouTube page.

“And there is not a dry eye watching this video,” another said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIXoYHYEnkg
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

My eyes watered up a bit watching Owen and Haachi. I understand the love of some dogs. I have a handicapped nephew who had dogs as companions throughout his 21 years. They knew he was handicapped, and even took abuse at times, but always forgiving.

My sister's first dog, a white German shepherd she had before Jack was born, loved her unconditionally. When Jack was two months old, he was seriously ill that led to his disabilities. He was edging on life and death for over three months. My sister stayed in Ann Arbor with him during that time, which began in February. The day before Good Friday, I picked her up to bring her home for the holiday. Another sister stayed with Jack.

As I was opening the door, the dog jumped over my head, knocking me down, and hugged Betty with all four paws. He wouldn't let go until her husband pried him off. When Jack got home, he was a constant companion, warning Betty when Jack needed her. He did that until he died.

Offline Rapunzel

As I was opening the door, the dog jumped over my head, knocking me down, and hugged Betty with all four paws. He wouldn't let go until her husband pried him off. When Jack got home, he was a constant companion, warning Betty when Jack needed her. He did that until he died.

Some people give dogs far too little credit for having emotions.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline NavyCanDo

Bless their hearts.   Yes this did make me tear up.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline raml

It had me in tears the love between the dog and his little friend is so wonderful. It is good to see something this heartwarming once in awhile instead of day to day headlines that scare the crap out of us.

Offline sinkspur

Both of these beings, Owen and Haatchi, would be considered throwaways by the world; neither can be "productive" in the understood sense, and both bear scars of imperfection.

These are the very souls that can rescue what is lacking:  unconditional love no matter what.

Thanks for posting this beautiful video.  I'm saving it for my more cynical moments; I need to be reminded how far I have to go in loving like this.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline xyno

Both of these beings, Owen and Haatchi, would be considered throwaways by the world; neither can be "productive" in the understood sense, and both bear scars of imperfection.

These are the very souls that can rescue what is lacking:  unconditional love no matter what.

Thanks for posting this beautiful video.  I'm saving it for my more cynical moments; I need to be reminded how far I have to go in loving like this.

Beautiful summation of a beautiful video.