Author Topic: College textbook paints Reagan as sexist, conservatives as pessimists  (Read 382 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
Re: College textbook paints Reagan as sexist, conservatives as pessimists
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 08:36:47 PM »
It would impress me to learn this student took her complaints directly to both the instructor that selected the textbook in question, and to the dean of instruction.

And why is the Secretary of the College's Republicans enrolling in "Introduction to Social Work & Social Welfare: Critical Thinking Perspectives?"

And did she not have any way to know in advance of the textbook, or the agenda of the class and the instructor?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline happyg

Re: College textbook paints Reagan as sexist, conservatives as pessimists
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 11:46:40 AM »
When I was 53, I went to a local college and took Human Service courses. The only disdain I found was sociology. I had an adjunct professor from a major liberal college, and she had the same mindset, going so far as showing Michael Moore documentaries. There were more conservatives in the class than liberals and we frustrated the hell out of her to the point of her saying she was wasting her time. We were always polite, and all the other students were young. I was pleasantly surprised that so many young people knew what was going on.

As to the article stating conservatives are pessimists, the opposite is true, and the author was projecting. Liberals are pessimists. That is why they want to change so many things dear to us. Morality depresses them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf