Author Topic: Is there no end in sight? THUNDERSNOW batters the Midwest as winter storm Rex gets set to hit the East Coast tomorrow morning  (Read 2020 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2561030/No-rest-East-Coast-New-England-smothered-extra-foot-snow-winter-storm.html

Is there no end in sight? THUNDERSNOW batters the Midwest as winter storm Rex gets set to hit the East Coast tomorrow morning

The Upper Midwest to Northeast set to experience yet more snowfall on Monday through Tuesday
    Winter storm Rex is the 18th named storm of the 2013-14 winter storm season
    Chicago area predicted to be hit by another six inches of snow on Monday, then the front will move east
    The New York City Sanitation Department has issued a snow alert with the latest wintry weather due to arrive in time for Tuesday morning commute
    More than 1,700 flights within, into or out of the United States had been canceled by 1 p.m. EST
    New England suffered over the weekend with thousands of homes left without power
    Winter on track to be third coldest on record - after 1979 and 1899

By Daily Mail Reporter and Associated Press Reporter

PUBLISHED: 01:55 EST, 17 February 2014 | UPDATED: 16:51 EST, 17 February 2014

The severe winter weather continues to wreak havoc across parts of the country, with yet another quick-moving system threatening to lay down a swath of several inches of snow from the Upper Midwest to the Northeast on Monday through Tuesday.

Winter weather alerts have been issued across a large chunk of the Midwest in advance of winter storm Rex - the 18th named storm of the 2013-14 season - which is expected to dump more than a half-foot of snow in some areas.

The Chicago area is predicted to endure up to six inches of snow on Monday, while thunder snow is possible as the heaviest band moves though. New York and most of the East Coast can expect snow to start falling in the early hours of Tuesday morning before it turns to rain later in the day.

continued..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
We had an ice storm and thunder almost all day..trees down everywhere here..we lost a huge branch which fell on our neighbors privacy fence....I can now see in their back yard..lol..looks like I will have to pay for repairs **nononono*...now we are finishing the day off with more snow...so far our total snowfall is over 40in....
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Rapunzel

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
It rained pitchforks and naked babies here this morning and was even mixed with 1/4" hail....and I was just outside in the sunshine in my shirtsleeves....

Its winter.....

Offline mountaineer

We had an ice storm and thunder almost all day..trees down everywhere here..we lost a huge branch which fell on our neighbors privacy fence....I can now see in their back yard..lol..looks like I will have to pay for repairs **nononono*...now we are finishing the day off with more snow...so far our total snowfall is over 40in....
Headed our way. Two to five inches of snow/sleet mixture.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

Worst winter since the late '70's.

I have an idea.............

Let's not elect any more incompetent Democrat nincompoops as our President, and maybe this crazy weather won't happen again..............      :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Headed our way. Two to five inches of snow/sleet mixture.

Starting here right now.

Batten down the hatches.   :beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mountaineer

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
The city closed for 2 days last week. ICE. 70's on there way was very cold today.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline happyg

We are under a level 1, but every place around us is a level 2. There's a couple plants here that don't like to close, so they don't like to allow everyone off the roads. It's all snow and ice, and the wind is howling. It's not safe out there, and I'm getting antsy in here. I always wanted to go to Alaska, but Mother Nature brought some of Alaska here.

Offline raml

It has been very nice and warm this last week going from mid 40's to now close to 60 every day. It is heaven to me we rarely if ever get under 15 degrees but this year it was that cold and much colder for some time. I don't know how long the warmer temperatures  will last but going to enjoy the weather while it lasts. When summer comes it is as bad as having freezing weather can't go out it in it either so when it is in the 50's through the 70's I love it. I never liked living in California nor it's hot weather and Arizona is another place I would never want to live in so your warm temps there will never make me jealous Rapunzel.

Offline Rapunzel

It has been very nice and warm this last week going from mid 40's to now close to 60 every day. It is heaven to me we rarely if ever get under 15 degrees but this year it was that cold and much colder for some time. I don't know how long the warmer temperatures  will last but going to enjoy the weather while it lasts. When summer comes it is as bad as having freezing weather can't go out it in it either so when it is in the 50's through the 70's I love it. I never liked living in California nor it's hot weather and Arizona is another place I would never want to live in so your warm temps there will never make me jealous Rapunzel.

That's okay, raml... we all have to go where the spirit moves us.  There is a lot to love about California - but June gloom was not one of them.  I love living in the desert. I know a lot of people think ugh, desert - but it is actually quite beautiful here with the mountains and the lake and blue, blue skies.. plus I love hot weather... though October is my favorite time of the year out here with skies that look like this:

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
We are under a level 1, but every place around us is a level 2. There's a couple plants here that don't like to close, so they don't like to allow everyone off the roads. It's all snow and ice, and the wind is howling. It's not safe out there, and I'm getting antsy in here. I always wanted to go to Alaska, but Mother Nature brought some of Alaska here.

Wow it is hard to believe more winter for up there. The Northern groundhog was correct and the General Lee southern groundhodg lied saying no more winter.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Rapunzel

Wow it is hard to believe more winter for up there. The Northern groundhog was correct and the General Lee southern groundhodg lied saying no more winter.

I listened to a man on Hannity this afternoon who runs a firm trucking drilling fluids up in North Dakota. He said it was warm 43 degrees today.  Hard to believe how different it is just a little further east.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
It has bee ncrazy here. The first part of winter, AC almost needed to go on. Never needed to turn the heat on but a few times.
One day it is downright cold then 70's. A lot of sickness and allergies.

Offline mountaineer

Some bizarre bright light just came through my window. Oh, it was the sun! Long time no see.

Offline PzLdr

We're getting another inch or so, plus rain. My daily routine is now, get up, clean up, dress up, shovel the driveway, walk way, back deck and ramp. The problem is we're running out of places to put the snow.  :thud:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Some bizarre bright light just came through my window. Oh, it was the sun! Long time no see.

Yes!...we are experiencing this phenomenon here in central Il...
Support the USO

Offline happyg

All the schools are closed. I have three of the grandkids, and expect a couple more.  Snow, ice, and slush is the recipe for today. Hope it melts fast, because there is no place to put snow in my small cul de sac.

Offline mountaineer

Oops. Never mind. It's disappeared again.    8888crybaby

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

Shield your eyes until you can get used to it!  It's coming through our window today too - it hurts my eyes!  I was beginning to feel like one of those blind fish down in Mammoth Cave. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
All the schools are closed. I have three of the grandkids, and expect a couple more.  Snow, ice, and slush is the recipe for today. Hope it melts fast, because there is no place to put snow in my small cul de sac.

Shoveling snow from sidewalks and driveways is outstanding exercise for children, and you just can't start 'em right too young.  Break out all of your shovels and make a game of it, and they will be halfway around the block looking for fresh snow to deface before you know it.

Don't forget to show 'em how to write their initials in a snowbank.........

:beer: