Author Topic: Is there no end in sight? THUNDERSNOW batters the Midwest as winter storm Rex gets set to hit the East Coast tomorrow morning  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
All the schools are closed. I have three of the grandkids, and expect a couple more.  Snow, ice, and slush is the recipe for today. Hope it melts fast, because there is no place to put snow in my small cul de sac.

Sounds like you got what I got twice. Total of 4 days the entire town shut down. The school boards just ruled no make-up days on Saturday.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Shoveling snow from sidewalks and driveways is outstanding exercise for children, and you just can't start 'em right too young.  Break out all of your shovels and make a game of it, and they will be halfway around the block looking for fresh snow to deface before you know it.

Don't forget to show 'em how to write their initials in a snowbank.........

:beer:

Kids today are so spoiled and lazy. Get them when they are youngins before they are attached to texting on their cell phones constantly. I have always wanted to speak out and say are you being rude and talking about me in my presence or just typing nonsense?

This idea may work for Hap if she also tells them they get pizza, wings and ice cream for dinner if they work and play :)
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Shoveling snow from sidewalks and driveways is outstanding exercise for children, and you just can't start 'em right too young.  Break out all of your shovels and make a game of it, and they will be halfway around the block looking for fresh snow to deface before you know it.

Don't forget to show 'em how to write their initials in a snowbank.........

:beer:

...and be sure to teach them not to eat the yellow snow. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline happyg

Kids today are so spoiled and lazy. Get them when they are youngins before they are attached to texting on their cell phones constantly. I have always wanted to speak out and say are you being rude and talking about me in my presence or just typing nonsense?

This idea may work for Hap if she also tells them they get pizza, wings and ice cream for dinner if they work and play :)

LOL! Of course, I'm going to get their butts outside and clean the driveway. I don't know if the snow blower will get the icy, slushy snow, but will try. I do have shovels.  I did get a nice surprise. Sami, who is almost 16, fixed me a pancake with strawberries, chocolate, and whipped cream, arrayed like a tv chef. It was good. She still has to help clean the walks, though. :silly:

Offline musiclady

Most of the counties around here are at a Level 2 snow emergency, but one's at a level 3!  Our schools are all closed, but it's just a nice amount of snow.

Others may not like it, but I'd rather have a white winter any time over the 40 degree brown, rainy ugly winters we sometimes get.

It's purdy outside!   ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Most of the counties around here are at a Level 2 snow emergency, but one's at a level 3!  Our schools are all closed, but it's just a nice amount of snow.

Others may not like it, but I'd rather have a white winter any time over the 40 degree brown, rainy ugly winters we sometimes get.

It's purdy outside!   ^-^

This winter in the Washington, DC region...was the closest to a Buffalo, NY winter I experienced growing up.

No...we didn't get 4-5 feet of snow in two days, but this is the first Washington DC winter since 1978 that has seen consecutive snow ground cover.  Abd then there's the cold.....BRRR!!!!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline happyg

Crazy weather! Went out to clean the walks. It was mostly slush, and  the weather was decent enough, that I only needed a sweatshirt. WTH? Yesterday, it was so cold and snowy, that after 5 minutes, I was ready to snuggle in bed. It's supposed to rain Wed., then what? I didn't want to check further.