Author Topic: Father So Heartbroken About Daughter Held at Hospital Against His Will He Just Defied a Judge’s Order to Talk to Us: ‘I Want to Have All My Guns Blazing’  (Read 564 times)

Offline happyg

Liz Klimas   

The last time Lou Pelletier spoke with his 15-year-old daughter was Feb. 14 — Valentine’s Day. For this father of four, though, the day held a different meaning for his youngest valentine: it was the year anniversary since she had been taken and placed in a psychiatric ward against her parents’ will.

“We need help,” Lou Pelletier told TheBlaze in a one-on-one interview, explaining why he is deciding to talk about the situation and now breaking a gag orde.

“I’m trying to save my daughter’s life,” he continued.

“While still being able to live,” Jessica, one of Justina’s older sisters added.

For more than a year, Justina Pelletier has been the center of a battle between her parents, the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families and Boston Children’s Hospital, and two controversial medical diagnoses. After her family began speaking out in Nov. 2013 about their fight against these major institutions in court, they were placed under a gag order.

Beyond little snippets given outside court on the many hearings they’ve had, little has been heard from the parents who believe their daughter has mitochondrial disease and the medical facility that says she doesn’t, saying it’s a psychosomatic disorder instead.

But now the Pelletier’s are speaking out.

‘My daughter is about to be kidnapped’

When Pelletiers brought Justina to a Connecticut hospital in December 2012 she was suffering from the flu. As her sister, Jessica explained it, people with mitochondrial disease are affected by illnesses, like the flu, in a more pronounced way.

Jessica, 25 years old and the second oldest of the Pelletier’s daughters, has mitochondrial disease, a disease that can manifest itself in various ways, but at its root results from a defect in the mitochondria, an organelle inside cells that produces energy. Jessica’s diagnosis was established medically through analysis of the cells of her muscle tissue.

In Justina’s case, a doctor evaluated her symptoms, considered her family history — mitochondrial disease can be inherited — and gave her a clinical diagnosis of the disorder. Under the care of physicians at Tufts Medical Center, Justina was treated for mitochondrial disease.

But when she got the flu and her parents were told she should be transferred to Boston Children’s Hospital, things changed.

As Lou Pelletier explained it, Justina was supposed to be transferred via an ambulance, for insurance purposes, to the Boston hospital, brought through the emergency room but seen by a gastrointestinal doctor. Instead, upon arriving, he said she was stopped and evaluated by a neurologist, who, Pelletier said, didn’t look at her medical history or contact her other doctors. This doctor, according to Justina’s father, said he thought the illness was all in Justina’s head — that it was somatoform disorder.

More pictures and articles at link: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02/17/ready-jon-father-so-heartbroken-about-daughter-held-at-hospital-against-his-will-he-just-defied-a-judges-order-to-talk-to-us-i-want-to-have-all-my-guns-blazing/

Offline Rapunzel

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
HE is going to be on Beck's show in a few minutes.

Good for this family.

And good for Beck.  Do more 'good' with all those broadcast hours.

Shine the light on them brightly...until they yell, "UNCLE!"
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

Good for this family.

And good for Beck.  Do more 'good' with all those broadcast hours.

Shine the light on them brightly...until they yell, "UNCLE!"

They are discussing it right now at the start of his show during his staff meeting before he actually starts the program..... the program itself is starting right now... you need to watch The Blaze, DC...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

The danged courts put a gag order on the parents. This reminds me too much of what took place with my niece when she had her baby. She suffered the type of morning sickness as Kate Middelton when she was pregnant, unfortunately she had a crappy OBGYN and he wanted to send her to Dallas from Amarillo to a shrink (yes for morning sickness which ran in our family BTW)... when the baby was born he actually tried to force-feed my niece as soon as she came out of recovery and it caused her to vomit... so what did they do? Called social services and tried to take her baby away from her.  No signs of mental illness, or abuse - nope.  She is married, the father a business owner, stable home, etc... so she goes home from the hospital and that day SS shows up on the steps and wants the baby.  Of course my niece was hysterical, my sister was angry and so was the husband... finally social services demand she cannot be alone with her own baby - ever!  and either my sister, the mother in law or husband all had to be there 24/7. 

This went on for six months and social services actually threatened her husband if he went to the media they would never see their child again.  Finally in desperation he went to their local state senator who my niece's husband knew personally and he got involved and resolved this. I would have gone to the media and made a huge stink, but they were so cowed by the SS agents they were afraid to do so........ and of course they had to hire lawyers, etc., all of which cost them a lot of money. Today my nephew is six and a happy and healthy little boy.  They never had another child, this experience so traumatized them they didn't want to go through it again.

Offline Rapunzel

Even though their daughter was diagnosed as having mitochondrial disease at Tufts, Boston Childrens (HARVARD) claims it is all in her head and she is not receiving any medical treatment. The parents are broke now  - dad says when you are fighting the state of MA and Harvard both have deep pockets and it allows them to steal your child.

Offline Rapunzel

daughter in constant pain. One phone call a week - monitored. One one-hour visit allowed also monitored....

Offline happyg

daughter in constant pain. One phone call a week - monitored. One one-hour visit allowed also monitored....

The daughter would be better off in prison. At least criminals are allowed visitors. This is so unbelievable, but real. I can't imagine no one being able to help the family.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Don't get me started on this subject.  My wife just spent six weeks in hospitals.  One of them was fairly decent, but the other was basically a disease-infested prison camp managed by people who fear lawsuits above anything else.