Author Topic: Rush...Caddell Bombshell: GOP Establishment Wants the IRS to Go After the Tea Party  (Read 4388 times)

Offline mountaineer

Yeah, that's the thing about this place - we're not TOS, not by a long shot. The comparisons are lame, to say the least.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Pat Caddell is not a Democrat.  No Democrat uses him as a consultant or campaign manager.

He WAS a Democrat consultant years ago; now, he knows he'll get a stage on FOXNEWS when he stirs the pot like this, so that's what he does.

And every word that falls from his mouth is treated as gospel by some on the right.

When is the last time he ever said anything positive about a Democrat?  I can't believe how gullible some people are, including Rush Limbaugh.

When I see what I see coming from the GOP establishment, and the strained relationships between them and the TEA Party factions, I think that assigning all blame for that strain to one group over the other is pretty damned naive.

I have been unimpressed by the GOP establishment for quite some time, and the disenchantment is growing daily.

I don't like ineffectiveness.

For the most part they are ineffective.

At least in achieving the things that I believe they should achieve.

Look where we are as a nation.

They been right here all along, so they're either inept, or complicit in the current status.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
And every word that falls from his mouth is treated as gospel by some on the right.

That's not the case with me sink.

I've been a staunch Republican for many years, I earned my wings in the streets of SoFla during the Bush/Gore recount demonstrations.

I've campaigned, worked phones, and held up signs in both the heat and the rain for the GOP.

I've given them my hard-earned money year in and year out.

So when something like this actually gets traction in my head, it is nothing but troubling, and I thought about this long before Caddell said anything about it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 12:15:55 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline mountaineer

For the most part they are ineffective.  At least in achieving the things that I believe they should achieve.

Look where we are as a nation. They been right here all along, so they're either inept, or complicit in the current status.
Good point.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Maybe you should sit and give this whole thing some thought.

Who is the TEA party a bigger threat to?

A. Democrats
b. Establishment Republicans

I'll wait...
And who benefits most from the rift?  Could it be fires stoked very much and regularly by left leaning media, in order to benefit democrats?

And by the entire entertainment industry, needing fresh conflicts, every day? Including the conservative leaning media, btw.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
And who benefits most from the rift?  Could it be fires stoked very much and regularly by left leaning media, in order to benefit democrats?

And by the entire entertainment industry, needing fresh conflicts, every day? Including the conservative leaning media, btw.

First, answer my question.

Offline olde north church

When I see what I see coming from the GOP establishment, and the strained relationships between them and the TEA Party factions, I think that assigning all blame for that strain to one group over the other is pretty damned naive.

I have been unimpressed by the GOP establishment for quite some time, and the disenchantment is growing daily.

I don't like ineffectiveness.

For the most part they are ineffective.

At least in achieving the things that I believe they should achieve.

Look where we are as a nation.

They been right here all along, so they're either inept, or complicit in the current status.

1.  Reagan love prevents a new party.

2.  This country being 2 balls short of set of testicles prevents a new party.

3.  Everything else prevents a new party.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Rivergirl

The best thing we can do now is spend all our time trashing republicans.  After  all, there is nothing to complain  about when it comes to the democrats.

When the democrats win certain talkers get richer and richer.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
You said this

I don't believe anything automatically unless Sarah Palin or Ted Cruz say it

That's one view.  The other is that there is a very vocal group here that interjects the "GOPe" into almost every thread in the forums I tend to read, which are Politics and this one.

Theses posts contradict each other or are you trolling?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 02:40:38 am by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline truth_seeker

First, answer my question.
At what skill level do you have the game set to?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The "enemy of my enemy..."

Who's "the enemy" here?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Honesty.

You?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
olde north church wrote above:
[[ 1.  Reagan love prevents a new party.
2.  This country being 2 balls short of set of testicles prevents a new party.
3.  Everything else prevents a new party. ]]

I disagree, slightly.

There -IS- one scenario that wrecks the "everything else" statement above.

That is -- what if the Republican party self-destructs?

What if the Republican party influence shrinks to the point where it can no longer win the presidency or influcence national policy in any meaningful way?

What if the establishment Republicans "marginalize themselves" right out of existence?

At that point, a "new party" will arise. It will not be the "third" party.
It will be the SECOND one.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:27:32 am by Fishrrman »

Offline truth_seeker

Maybe you should sit and give this whole thing some thought.

Who is the TEA party a bigger threat to?

A. Democrats
b. Establishment Republicans

I'll wait...
In 2010 the Tea Party was a threat to the democrats, and contributed to winning a lot of seats. I'll answer A. Good to threaten democrats.

At present the Tea Party seems focused on defeating incumbent Republicans, so I guess you describe that as a "threat." That is answer B. In trying to unseat incumbent Republicans, the Tea Party has contributed instead, to turning over seats to democrats and that was bad.

As to the future, I would hope the Tea Party learns from the mistakes of poorly vetted candidate, and focuses MORE on beating democrats.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
... as I was saying.

Did you misread the article? They could certainly do more I agree. But Holder stonewalls.
There was a hearing last week that will result in special counsel. If Boehner does not have the nads, his replacement will. This and other Obama scandals won't go away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqJb9__r65U

The article link I posted said Republican lawmakers are fighting back against Obama allowing the IRS to continue scrutinizing and auditing conservatives.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/12/house-republicans-fighting-treasury-dept-effort-to-limit-political-groups/

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
In 2010 the Tea Party was a threat to the democrats, and contributed to winning a lot of seats. I'll answer A. Good to threaten democrats.

At present the Tea Party seems focused on defeating incumbent Republicans, so I guess you describe that as a "threat." That is answer B. In trying to unseat incumbent Republicans, the Tea Party has contributed instead, to turning over seats to democrats and that was bad.

As to the future, I would hope the Tea Party learns from the mistakes of poorly vetted candidate, and focuses MORE on beating democrats.

Then in 2012, 8 GOP establishment-picked and financed candidates won primaries against TEA Party candidates, and lost every single one of those elections to Democrats. Two out of the three TEA Party candidates that ran won their races.

The TEA Party is a bigger threat to the GOP than they are to Democrats. They suck donations and support away from establishment GOP candidates, and run against incumbents.

The TEA Party is trying to pull off a hostile takeover of the GOP, and because of it, they are a greater danger to the GOP establishment structure, than they are to the Democrats.

So it doesn't seem very far-fetched to believe that the GOP establishment would use any and all available muscle to muzzle the TEA Party.

Offline Rapunzel

"Some" people remain obsessed with the two candidates who lost and called themselves Tea Party yet are oh so anxious to ignore all the Karl Rove candidates who did miserably.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Then in 2012, 8 GOP establishment-picked and financed candidates won primaries against TEA Party candidates, and lost every single one of those elections to Democrats. Two out of the three TEA Party candidates that ran won their races.

The TEA Party is a bigger threat to the GOP than they are to Democrats. They suck donations and support away from establishment GOP candidates, and run against incumbents.

The TEA Party is trying to pull off a hostile takeover of the GOP, and because of it, they are a greater danger to the GOP establishment structure, than they are to the Democrats.

So it doesn't seem very far-fetched to believe that the GOP establishment would use any and all available muscle to muzzle the TEA Party.

BINGO!!!

Right on the money!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

What about danger to our country and the rule of law? To me it is not a game, political or other wise. It is about the future of our country that is so divisive due to Obama. The GOP approval rating in Congress is because of their past TARP vote and demise in real leadership. The Tea Party is all there is. If they are dismissed and silenced we are done.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
What about danger to our country and the rule of law? To me it is not a game, political or other wise. It is about the future of our country that is so divisive due to Obama. The GOP approval rating in Congress is because of their past TARP vote and demise in real leadership. The Tea Party is all there is. If they are dismissed and silenced we are done.

Seriously?

The rule of law is all but gone already.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

Seriously?

The rule of law is all but gone already.

That does not mean I lose all hope.

I think the economy will crash before anyone can correct the course of the ship but I don't discredit the tea parties efforts.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:58:54 am by Gazoo »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
That does not mean I lose all hope.

I think the economy will crash before anyone can correct the course of the ship but I don't discredit the tea parties efforts either.

Where do you get that I discredit the TEA Party's efforts?

They are unorthodox and maybe even unrefined but at least they're trying.

Offline Rapunzel

What I can't fathom is why so many stubbornly cling to returning the same old people to the senate who have brought us to this point.  Why are people so afraid of change that they would keep voting for a McConnell, McCain, etc., rather than elect someone new who is not yet in the deep pockets of Wall and K.  Not that they won't get there, most unfortunately do.    The founders put in direct election of the senators by state representative for a reason, the 17th amendment was the first step in our destruction.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776