Author Topic: Why Lewinsky Shouldn't Be a GOP Talking Point By Ron Fournier  (Read 363 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Why Lewinsky Shouldn't Be a GOP Talking Point By Ron Fournier
« on: February 17, 2014, 01:23:35 PM »

Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

Re: Why Lewinsky Shouldn't Be a GOP Talking Point By Ron Fournier
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 02:03:45 PM »
I agree that it would be crazy to bring Bill Clinton into a campaign against Hillary.

But, Mark Halperin made an interesting point on Morning Joe:  The GOP is trying to scare Hillary  out of the race, letting her know that nothing will be off the table in a campaign against her.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 02:06:31 PM »
I do agree that in a general election, attacking Bill Clinton'e infidelities will likely serve to bring sympathy upon Hillary and therefore backfire.  However, the objective of most GOP candidates is to win the GOP primary, and there it's a different story.

Also, I think there may be a way to finesse it that it could be productive, even in the general election.  It has to fit in with a pattern of blind ambition and poor judgment on Hillary's part, and the accuser has to have enough savvy to tread very lightly while letting the audience draw the conclusions.

Let's not forget Hillary was the primary architect of the cover-ups and subsequent smear campaigns against Juanita Broadrick, Kathleen Willey, etc.  That can't sit well with thoughtful women.

"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 02:11:14 PM »
Interesting this is all of a sudden he's "talking point... "  They are becoming easy to spot.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 02:22:51 PM »

I do agree that in a general election, attacking Bill Clinton'e infidelities will likely serve to bring sympathy upon Hillary and therefore backfire. 

Not if the entire truth is brought out....that Hillary Clinton kniew and condoned it.  And was complicit in cover-ups.

Then we talk about her being dismissed from a Watergate Investigation Committee legal team for falsifying/withholding evidence...and eventually disbarred.

This ain't the Nineties Baby!    :nono:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 02:43:44 PM »
I do agree that in a general election, attacking Bill Clinton'e infidelities will likely serve to bring sympathy upon Hillary and therefore backfire.  However, the objective of most GOP candidates is to win the GOP primary, and there it's a different story.

Also, I think there may be a way to finesse it that it could be productive, even in the general election.  It has to fit in with a pattern of blind ambition and poor judgment on Hillary's part, and the accuser has to have enough savvy to tread very lightly while letting the audience draw the conclusions.

Let's not forget Hillary was the primary architect of the cover-ups and subsequent smear campaigns against Juanita Broadrick, Kathleen Willey, etc.  That can't sit well with thoughtful women.

By the election this salacious stuff will be close to 20 years in the past. It didn't turn public opinion against the Clintons then, and it surely won't help to win an election in 2016.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.ďż˝  Abe Lincoln

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 02:48:50 PM »
By the election this salacious stuff will be close to 20 years in the past. It didn't turn public opinion against the Clintons then, and it surely won't help to win an election in 2016.

My personal opinion, but... I don't think George W. Bush would have won the presidency in 2000 were it not for the Clinton scandals.  Every economic indicator suggested Gore should have had an easy time of it.

"She only coughs when she lies."

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 03:12:15 PM »
My personal opinion, but... I don't think George W. Bush would have won the presidency in 2000 were it not for the Clinton scandals.  Every economic indicator suggested Gore should have had an easy time of it.
My opinion, in 2000 Bush lost the popular vote, and won the electoral vote by a whisker. Demographics have changed since then, moving away from the GOP.

My point-don't rely on social conservative topics, to persuade Americans to vote for you, outside the dwindling list of socon states.

And if the strongest case for a GOP candidates is that he/she isn't a Clinton, who did what they did 18 years ago, then don't expect it to prevail.
This whole topic is a trap, I think. Set by Hillary's side to get it out early and let the GOP prove they are obsessed with personal behavior issues involving sex.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.ďż˝  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 03:22:18 PM »
I say nonsense!

They went all the way back to 1992 when Romney was with Baine Capital and used it against him as a candidate.

And look how they treated Sarah Palin, the candidate.....

Gimme a break!   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 03:50:58 PM »
I will vote for the candidate who shows he or she has a pair of steel toed shoes and a strong spine.

Offline kevindavis

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 06:59:35 PM »
I think the question should be what was her biggest accomplishment?
To Clear things up...

Mueller has been one of the most respected individuals on the planet over the last 20 years.

Mueller is a Republican

Mueller was appointed by Republicans

Mueller doesn't determine if someone is guilty, The Judge and Jury do!

Get it!!!!

“You can go to live in France, but you can't become a Frenchman. You can go to live in Germany, but you can't become a German... But anyone, from any corner of the world, can come to live in the United States and become an American.”

- Ronald Reagan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf