Author Topic: CNN’s Candy Crowley Invokes ‘The Sound of Music’: ‘How Do You Solve a Problem Like Ted Cruz?’  (Read 854 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffrey-meyer/2014/02/16/cnn-s-candy-crowley-invokes-sound-music-how-do-you-solve-problem-ted-#ixzz2tVIi5Yj8

CNN’s Candy Crowley Invokes ‘The Sound of Music’: ‘How Do You Solve a Problem Like Ted Cruz?’

By Jeffrey Meyer | February 16, 2014 | 11:07

Candy Crowley is no stranger to injecting herself into political debates. Readers of NewsBusters will remember that her worst offense was during a 2012 presidential debate when she teamed up with President Obama to attack Mitt Romney over Benghazi.

Despite Ms. Crowley’s past offenses, Ms. Crowley continued to show her dislike of the GOP during her February 16 State of the Union program. Speaking to her panel, Crowley invoked the famous song from “The Sound of Music” to ask “How do they solve a problem like Ted Cruz in the Republican caucus in the Senate?” [See video below.]

At issue for the panel was the latest debt ceiling extension, which included no spending cuts. Senator Cruz (R-TX) has repeatedly argued that any increase in the debt ceiling include substantial spending cuts. Despite Cruz’s decision to not filibuster a “clean debt ceiling” increase, Crowley compared Cruz to Maria in “The Sound of Music” and called the Tea Party Senator a “loose cannon” that the GOP cannot control.

Unsurprisingly, such an attack on a conservative like Ted Cruz is not unusual for the CNN host.

Below is a list of Crowley’s worst GOP hit jobs:

·      Asked ‘Why would I become a Republican’ If I’m unemployed or on Minimum Wage?

·      Told Ted Cruz That He’s Blackmailing Harry Reid

·      Asked if IRS Didn’t intend to Harass the Tea Party

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

He is definitely over the target and making a lot of people nervous. The MSM isn't used to Republicans who don't follow the approved script (approved by the MSM and Democrats and GOPe)
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

How do they solve a problem like Ted Cruz
Ask the nervous nellies around here.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online andy58-in-nh

Clearly, Ted is not one of Ms. Crowley's "Favorite Things". Heh heh.

Edelweiss?

More like
"Same ol' sheiss":

CNN, CNN
Every morning you bore me
Dull and stale, trite and frail
You look sick and Al Gore-y...

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

Offline Carling

He is definitely over the target and making a lot of people nervous. The MSM isn't used to Republicans who don't follow the approved script (approved by the MSM and Democrats and GOPe)

The MSM is using Cruz to paint all Republicans as extremists.  The Dems aren't worried about Cruz, they're egging him on.  The only positive the Dems have had in the last year was when Cruz delayed the disaster known as ObamaCare by a few weeks.  Thankfully the GOP shut Cruz down, otherwise, the fiasco known as ObamaCare would be blamed on the GOP for not implementing it on time.  Since reasonable people were able to talk Cruz off of the ledge, ObamaCare wasn't delayed.  Imagine the MSM talking points if Cruz had somehow managed to delay it, and there were this many problems with it?  The theme would be that all of the troubles were because the GOP stalled it, and it meant that the rollout failed because of the meanies in the GOP.

How otherwise intelligent people on this board don't understand simple politics bewilders and baffles me.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Rapunzel

Yep... those old farts you support are doing such a bang up job of stopping Obama from destroying the country.  Remember they said they were going to use the increase in the spending levels to force concessions from Obama  - instead they rolled over and panted for him and he didn't even scratch their bellies.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
The MSM is using Cruz to paint all Republicans as extremists.  The Dems aren't worried about Cruz, they're egging him on.  The only positive the Dems have had in the last year was when Cruz delayed the disaster known as ObamaCare by a few weeks. Thankfully the GOP shut Cruz down, otherwise, the fiasco known as ObamaCare would be blamed on the GOP for not implementing it on time.  Since reasonable people were able to talk Cruz off of the ledge, ObamaCare wasn't delayed.  Imagine the MSM talking points if Cruz had somehow managed to delay it, and there were this many problems with it?  The theme would be that all of the troubles were because the GOP stalled it, and it meant that the rollout failed because of the meanies in the GOP.

How otherwise intelligent people on this board don't understand simple politics bewilders and baffles me.

Obama can blame everyone else, his mother and the GOP for everything under the sun as he has but people caught on to this trick.

Simply put this trick of BLAME EVERYBODY else, it no longer works.

If simple politics has turned into people suffering and losing more jobs to show one parties failure. That is not intelligent politics, that is sick. Will we let Obama declare himself King for life in a crashed economy with no opposing voices or will it be enough destruction by then for the established slush fund fat cats to be honorable statesmen and speak-out and take action?

What makes you tick Carling, The GOP established democrats lite 2.0, or the democrats?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 06:53:34 am by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline aligncare

The MSM is using Cruz to paint all Republicans as extremists.  The Dems aren't worried about Cruz, they're egging him on.  The only positive the Dems have had in the last year was when Cruz delayed the disaster known as ObamaCare by a few weeks.  Thankfully the GOP shut Cruz down, otherwise, the fiasco known as ObamaCare would be blamed on the GOP for not implementing it on time.  Since reasonable people were able to talk Cruz off of the ledge, ObamaCare wasn't delayed.  Imagine the MSM talking points if Cruz had somehow managed to delay it, and there were this many problems with it?  The theme would be that all of the troubles were because the GOP stalled it, and it meant that the rollout failed because of the meanies in the GOP.

No, not all Republicans are extremist. But, I sure as heck wish they were. Extreme in the fight for the Constitution. Something the GOP hasn't done in a long time.

The mainstream media's power to influence voter opinion is weakening. You should embrace that concept and build on it. Don't let fear of what buffoon Candy Crowley has to say stop us from doing what's right.

High five, Ted Cruz.

Offline mountaineer

No, not all Republicans are extremist. But, I sure as heck wish they were. Extreme in the fight for the Constitution. Something the GOP hasn't done in a long time.
Exactly. This administration and its sycophantic media dub "extremist" anyone who stands for what used to be considered plain ol' American values of fealty to the Constitution, liberty and personal responsibility. Defending the Constitution is not extremist, and there's no excuse for the GOP's failure to do so.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

First off, I want to thank you for taking the timer to try and enlighten those of us too dense to understand the nuances of the GOPe's winning by losing super strategy. We're lucky to have you.

Perhaps the TEA Party is a detriment to the political viability of the GOPe, and maybe, were it not for their meddling, bumbling, inept ways, the GOPe wouldn't have suffered the losses they did in 2006.

Thank God they were able to bounce back by 2010 to a degree, and win the House back.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 01:04:14 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline musiclady

How do you explain the fact that the MSM painted all Republicans as extremists before Ted Cruz showed up on the scene?  Was it his fault then too?

As for your last line............. how anyone claiming to be on the right side of the aisle doesn't understand the basics of politics, and how the media is in the back pocket of the left baffles the rest of us.

There's a lot of good discussion on this board about the challenges we face having no one representing us in Congress.  I, for one, am a conservative Republican, and I can count on two hands the number of people in Congress who represent the traditional conservative Republican position.  (slightly more in the House).

Like it or not, carling, there are a lot of conservatives in this country who honor the Constitution, and we are NOT "extremists."  I'm thrilled that at least ONE person stood up for the country in trying to delay Obama care.  I'm thrilled that there are at least a few people who are actually looking out for the American people.

How anyone (like you) would rather let the Democrats roll over us with Obamacare and not say a word to stop it, is beyond understanding.   THAT is why a lot of us who have been loyal Republicans want the Republican party to start behaving honorably, to fight for the principles they claim to believe in, so that we can start win back the Senate and the Presidency.

If the Republican party doesn't wake up, they're going to kill themselves, and I don't want that to happen.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline xfreeper

How Do You Solve a Problem Like Ted Cruz?

If you're Candy Crowley, you eat it

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Candy Crowley is now known as nothing but a partisan fat hack.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?