Author Topic: Horror at the world's largest solar farm days after it opens as it is revealed panels are SCORCHING birds that fly over them  (Read 862 times)

Offline Rapunzel

God gave us oil for a reason!

Sending so much heat back into the atmosphere it fries birds - and that doesn't create more "Goreble warming?"

and BTW this is a Harry Reid project...... that old crook who won't let them store nuclear waste in caves way north of Las Vegas....... is okay with solar farms to pollute our desert, kill our wildlife and use precious water supplies.

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Putting five square miles of mirrors in one of the hottest deserts, concentrating reflection at a handful of specific spots and they are surprised this happened?

Archimedes figured this out about twenty-two hundred years ago.

http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/A/Archimedes_and_the_burning_mirrors.html
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 04:10:28 PM by AbaraXas »

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

Putting five square miles of mirrors in one of the hottest deserts, concentrating reflection at a handful of specific spots and they are surprised this happened?

Archimedes figured this out about twenty-two hundred years ago.

http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/A/Archimedes_and_the_burning_mirrors.html

Harry didn't care about any of this, all he saw was dollar signs in the form of filling his and his sons pockets.  The area they placed them is just off one of the Baker Grade between LA and Vegas.. one of the hottest spots in the nation every summer.

Offline aligncare

Do we really need to have these giant plants first, or is it better to generate solar power on people's roofs, the place it's going to be used?' Connor asked.

I have always argued for point of use wind turbines, solar, and passive.. It's more efficient and consistent with principles of free-market enterprise, independence and liberty.
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline Rapunzel

I have always argued for point of use wind turbines, solar, and passive.. It's more efficient and consistent with principles of free-market enterprise, independence and liberty.

I agree.  How many homes could they apply solar for the cost of one of these plants. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf