Author Topic: California 2014: Strapping senior calling himself female to play on girls’ high school softball team  (Read 1496 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/15/california-2014-strapping-senior-calling-himself-female-to-play-on-girls-high-school-softball-team/

California 2014: Strapping senior calling himself female to play on girls’ high school softball team

Posted By Eric Owens On 5:30 PM 02/15/2014 In | No Comments

A male California high school senior who played on the boys baseball team as a freshman will now play on the girls softball team.

The student, Pat Cordova-Goff, attends Azusa High School in the northeastern corner of the suburban sprawl of Los Angeles.

Cordova-Goff (who was also a cheerleader at some point) will be the California’s first transgender high school student-athlete, reports The San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

The strapping, broad-shouldered, 5-foot-8 senior is able to play for the Azusa High Aztecs under a new state law commonly known as Assembly Bill 1266. The amendment to the state’s education code stipulates that each student will have access to facilities, sports teams, and programs that are “consistent with his or her gender identity,” rather than the student’s actual biological composition. (RELATED: Calif. governor signs transgender students’ rights bill)

Cordova-Goff, 17, was born a boy — and, by all accounts, remains a boy — but now identifies as a girl. He has undergone no surgical procedures or treatments.

“I can’t afford a wardrobe and makeup and everything, so I don’t have the resources to express myself the way I want to,” Cordova-Goff told the Valley Tribune. “I’m really pushing myself to be myself, and I finally have started going by ‘Pat,’ started using ‘she’ and ‘hers.’”

Under California Interscholastic Federation guidelines that took effect in September, that’s enough to allow Cordova-Goff to try out for and make the girls softball team.

Local high school softball coaches don’t seem too concerned about Cordova-Goff’s inclusion on the Azusa High softball team.

“There is no issue for me,” said West Covina softball coach Jesse Mendez said. “Could there be a competitive advantage? Sure, but softball is a pretty skillful game.”

The coach at Charter Oak High School, Scott Higuera, opined that rules are rules.

“I’m fine with it as long as it’s within the rules,” Higuera said. “The bottom line is, you have to play the game, and softball is very competitive.”

The Valley Tribune also notes that anonymous local sources suspect that politics played a role when Cordova-Goff made the final roster cut.

However, Linda Kaminski, the superintendent of the Azusa Unified School District, was adamant that no merit was the only factor.

An unidentified teacher emailed the Valley Tribune alleging that Kaminski and a lawyer participated in decisions about the softball roster. Kaminski called this claim untrue.

“Based on her skills, Pat did make the team,” Kaminski told the local newspaper.

Whatever the case, there was allegedly a one-day delay between the time the roster was supposed to be posted and the time it was actually posted. During that time, meetings occurred between school officials and school district officials. The content of those meetings is unclear.

Assembly Bill 1266 is a contentious issue across California. It’s not clear if the law will be implemented on Jan. 1. California conservatives say they’ve collected enough signatures to force a ballot initiative in November 2014. (RELATED: DEMOCRACY NOW! California’s choose-your-own locker room law faces ballot drive)

While The Golden State’s high schools are a new frontier for transgender athletes, the state’s college sports scene has already experienced the phenomenon.

Gabrielle Ludwig is a 6-foot-6-inch, 220-pound center on the women’s basketball team at Mission College, a community college in Santa Clara. Ludwig, 51, had been a man less than a year before she joined the team. As Robert John Ludwig, the quinquagenarian had also been a collegiate hoopster over three decades ago at a Long Island community college. (RELATED: Californian becomes first college basketball player to start with and without penis)
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

He's not going to be the only one to do this.

California has opened Pandora's box on this one.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Rapunzel

Yep... and remember the thread we had a few months back where you predicted this very thing.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

This is insanity, and it probably won't stop even after a muscular male-bodied faux female softball player seriously injures a much smaller girl in a collision at home plate.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

Yep... and remember the thread we had a few months back where you predicted this very thing.

I DO remember that thread.

You don't have to have a degree in human behavior to understand that when you break down the basic rules there's going to be trouble.

This will not end will.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

This is insanity, and it probably won't stop even after a muscular male-bodied faux female softball player seriously injures a much smaller girl in a collision at home plate.

Yeah, but those muscular males pretending to be 'girls' are going to get to be in the locker room with all the actual females.

So a few injuries to a few of the females won't bother them a bit.

Offline andy58-in-nh

It occurs to me that "Pandora's Box" would be a great title for a pre-Apocalyptic novel, perhaps one about a formerly Golden State whose citizenry decided, seemingly en masse, to go stark raving mad: inventing non-existent human genders and then mandating their protection, destroying the very agriculture that feeds them by demanding "rights" for microorganisms and pests, driving entire industries from their midst via confiscatory taxes, and then using the proceeds to reward illegality and sloth, celebrating all manner of "diversity" by embracing public displays of obscenity while reserving their deepest hatred for anything normal, decent and humble.

Yeah, I agree: it's a stretch.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Rapunzel

It occurs to me that "Pandora's Box" would be a great title for a pre-Apocalyptic novel, perhaps one about a formerly Golden State whose citizenry decided, seemingly en masse, to go stark raving mad: inventing non-existent human genders and then mandating their protection, destroying the very agriculture that feeds them by demanding "rights" for microorganisms and pests, driving entire industries from their midst via confiscatory taxes, and then using the proceeds to reward illegality and sloth, celebrating all manner of "diversity" by embracing public displays of obscenity while reserving their deepest hatred for anything normal, decent and humble.

Yeah, I agree: it's a stretch.

Maybe instead of sleeping you could write the book and then retire and we could have you back......

Offline andy58-in-nh

Maybe instead of sleeping you could write the book and then retire and we could have you back......

I'm working on it. The world today confounds me. Dreams are the place we commonly work things out, most often in metaphorical fashion. Nocturnal visions usually revolve around our own personal conflicts, but once in a while they provide deeper insights into our world and our nature. Finding the time and space and language to record such things is the great challenge.  :beer:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Rapunzel

I'm working on it. The world today confounds me. Dreams are the place we commonly work things out, most often in metaphorical fashion. Nocturnal visions usually revolve around our own personal conflicts, but once in a while they provide deeper insights into our world and our nature. Finding the time and space and language to record such things is the great challenge.  :beer:

Funny you would say that, Andy. I can't begin to tell you how many problems I've solved during the night when my mind is clearer.... even back when I was in accounting and something would be nagging me work-wise the answers would come to me during the night and were always accurate...

Offline andy58-in-nh

Funny you would say that, Andy. I can't begin to tell you how many problems I've solved during the night when my mind is clearer.... even back when I was in accounting and something would be nagging me work-wise the answers would come to me during the night and were always accurate...

About 25 years ago I worked with a psychiatrist who believed strongly in dream analysis as a means of therapy. I discovered that you can learn a great deal about yourself by understanding the meaning of your nightly visions. They do tend to be highly symbolic and metaphorical expressions of the subconscious mind, and as such yield only to a learned comprehension of what they mean to you, personally.

I was encouraged to keep a journal, but found that the physical act of awakening and writing down my nocturnal experiences was difficult and "lossy" - the conscious memories decayed as quickly as I could recall them. For that reason, I started keeping a small dictation tape device by my bedside, which enabled me to vocally capture much more detail than I could ever hope to write down.  I discovered that dream memories decay quickly with any physical movement, so the key is to lie absolutely still upon awakening and recall as much detail as possible before moving.

It is a little weird (and sometimes unsettling) to replay such tapes the next day, remembering nothing of the dreams but listening to their details and trying to make sense of them. Sometimes the meaning is so obvious that it will make you laugh out loud. Other times, you might scratch your head and think: "Now just what the Hell was that all about?" It's a fascinating process, regardless, and it really can help you discover what truly motivates, thrills, and frightens you.

Returning to the topic at hand though, there's very little that scares me at night as much as what I see happening to this country in the light of day.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 09:29:11 pm by andy58-in-nh »

Offline Rapunzel

Andy, do you meditate?  I usually medidate when I first wake in the morning while it is quiet and I have nothing to distract me (yet).  I've never written down my dreams - but my husband used to keep a drawing pad next to his side of the bed. He was an artist and sometimes his ideas for artwork would come to him in a dream and he'd wake up and start drawing it.

I have also had cognitive dreams for as long as I can remember.  Not as frequent now as when I was younger, but I do still have them from time-to-time. 

Offline andy58-in-nh

Andy, do you meditate?  I usually medidate when I first wake in the morning while it is quiet and I have nothing to distract me (yet).  I've never written down my dreams - but my husband used to keep a drawing pad next to his side of the bed. He was an artist and sometimes his ideas for artwork would come to him in a dream and he'd wake up and start drawing it.

I have also had cognitive dreams for as long as I can remember.  Not as frequent now as when I was younger, but I do still have them from time-to-time.

Honestly, I find it hard to meditate - my mind is always racing in a thousand directions (I'm riddled with ADD). Tell me though, about your "cognitive dreams".

Offline Rapunzel

Honestly, I find it hard to meditate - my mind is always racing in a thousand directions (I'm riddled with ADD). Tell me though, about your "cognitive dreams".

Hmm let's see... well sometimes simple things like this guy at work asked me for a date - the night before I dreamed he was wearing this black and white checked jacket when he picked me up (he had NEVER worn this coat to work)... so Saturday night I answer the door and there he stood in the jacket...  then way, way back when George and I were first dating we broke up for a short while. As you probably know I am pretty stubborn and I never, ever, called a guy under any circumstances... they wanted to date me or talk to me THEY had to call.  We both worked for the same company and if I walked to the cafeteria I went right past his office.  For two months I went out of my way to not walk by his office or to even look at or talk to him........ then one morning I had a dream he showed up at my apartment and wanted to make up with me... I'm not joking but an hour after I had that dream there was a knock on my door - I went and looked out the window and he was standing there, wanted to talk to me.    Then once we were out here on vacation for a week and I had a dream that the engineering manager was fired. When we got home we stopped to see my husbands secretary - she told us while we were gone there was a shakeup and the engineering manager had been fired...  There has been more.. but those are examples...

I have a lot of trouble calming my mind, too.. this is why I lay there and let my mind just chill first thing in the morning.  It also helps me listen to my guides which I have been working on and want to work on more.   

Offline aligncare

The strapping, broad-shouldered, 5-foot-8 senior is able to play for the Azusa High Aztecs under a new state law commonly known as Assembly Bill 1266.

Social engineers believe they can control heaven and earth. But it's not nice to fool mother nature.

I'm still waiting for them to stop screwing with the solar day.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Hmm let's see... well sometimes simple things like this guy at work asked me for a date - the night before I dreamed he was wearing this black and white checked jacket when he picked me up (he had NEVER worn this coat to work)... so Saturday night I answer the door and there he stood in the jacket...  then way, way back when George and I were first dating we broke up for a short while. As you probably know I am pretty stubborn and I never, ever, called a guy under any circumstances... they wanted to date me or talk to me THEY had to call.  We both worked for the same company and if I walked to the cafeteria I went right past his office.  For two months I went out of my way to not walk by his office or to even look at or talk to him........ then one morning I had a dream he showed up at my apartment and wanted to make up with me... I'm not joking but an hour after I had that dream there was a knock on my door - I went and looked out the window and he was standing there, wanted to talk to me.    Then once we were out here on vacation for a week and I had a dream that the engineering manager was fired. When we got home we stopped to see my husbands secretary - she told us while we were gone there was a shakeup and the engineering manager had been fired...  There has been more.. but those are examples...

I have a lot of trouble calming my mind, too.. this is why I lay there and let my mind just chill first thing in the morning.  It also helps me listen to my guides which I have been working on and want to work on more.

Interesting. I would say those dreams are largely "cognitive" in the sense that your subconscious mind was aware of circumstances that your conscious mind had not yet identified, and tied them together in advance of their realization.  But there "precognitive" elements as well, such as the jacket never before worn. It's impossible to know from where such knowledge comes, but it is fascinating.

I dream about my father a lot. He has been gone for almost 20 years, but he still appears to me in dreams, especially when I am troubled. Sometimes, the context is that he went away but has now returned, often in order to participate in some kind of ceremony involving me.  I honestly don't know what that means.

Offline Rapunzel

I dream about my father a lot. He has been gone for almost 20 years, but he still appears to me in dreams, especially when I am troubled. Sometimes, the context is that he went away but has now returned, often in order to participate in some kind of ceremony involving me.  I honestly don't know what that means.

Okay.. now that might be what is called a visitation - especially if they are very real to you at the time - they are also very fleeting.  Case in point. I've had two visitations from George since he died.  They were both close together and about six months after he died.   The first time I had an appointment for my quarterly blood work - there had been a lot of changes and the lab was moved for a while over to the hospital. I had not been back to the hosptial for any reason since he was taken there the day of his stroke (he died in the hospital over in Vegas)...... anyway going back into the hospital really upset me a lot - total surprise to me.  Then a couple of days later a friend was hospitalized. He was on the third floor. I went to see him. All I can say is thank goodness he was sleeping - I left flowers and a card and quickly left as I was having palpitations and hyperventilating.  So upset I drove out to the island and sat in the car for a while looking out at the lake to calm down. 

This really had me in a bad place.  That night I had my first visitation.. there is a difference and if you have experienced it you know the difference.  He just came to me in my sleep and wrapped me up in his arms and held me really, really close. After a few minutes I woke up and it was all over.  About a month later he woke me calling out from the garage - I'm home - I went out to the garage in my sleep and we hugged one-another - and then like the first it was over. In both cases I can tell you exactly what it felt like being held - I wasn't looking at it - I was feeling it.  I've had dreams about him since, but never a visitation.  The thing about a visitation is you do remember every little detail while like you said - you tend to forget dreams quickly. 

BTW I once dreamed I was firing a gun and I actually did - blew a hole in the wall (this was when I was married to my first husband) and one day I was ironing and looked down and didn't have on my wedding rings  (first husband) ..... he said finally - it seems he came home late one night and I sat up in bed, took off my rings and handed them to him and told him these are for the garbage can. I had no memory of this. 

I used to have dreams of planes crashing above me... never did understand what that was about.

Offline Rapunzel

BTW, Andy, hypnosis could shed light on the dreams about your father.  By any chance have you read any of Dr. Brian Weiss's work?  He is a PhD/M.D. physiciatrist who used to head a school of Psychiatry at the University of Florida - a patient named Catherine totally changed his entire approach to psychiatry, he tells the story in his first book Many Lives Many Masters... it's a fast read and fascinating look at our minds and what affects our life.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

You are externalizing some of your thought processes into a trusted surrogate. The ceremony aspect is interesting - I'd suggest it means that you are close to solving the trouble. Your mind knows it but you don't yet, so it's the only way it can tell you. How old is your father in the dreams? As he was at the end or as he was in his prime, when you were young?

Very few people can shut down the filters during the day. Night is a different matter - your subconscious never sleeps and it has free reign for a few hours.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink