Author Topic: Eminem's art beats Gaga's pop  (Read 466 times)

Offline DCPatriot

Eminem's art beats Gaga's pop
« on: February 15, 2014, 05:34:01 PM »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 05:34:54 PM by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

I think the worst time to have a heart attack would be during a game of charades.

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Eminem's art beats Gaga's pop
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 05:59:31 PM »
 8888crybaby 8888crybaby 8888crybaby for our country

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 05:59:51 PM »

"Is life not 1000 times to short for us to bore ourselves?" -- Nietzsche

Offline mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 06:12:42 PM »
Eminem in his simple hoodie looks like an ascetic monk, fed on apparitions and devoted to art.
Sure.   :whistle:
‚ÄúHell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.‚ÄĚ - Ryan T Anderson

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 06:17:43 PM »

I believe Paglia's point is that Eminem's pedigree compared to Gaga's...real hard life experience vs. an image in a marketing campaign....made for a better connect to the fans.

It's what separates Bravo Sierra from art.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

I think the worst time to have a heart attack would be during a game of charades.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 06:21:04 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8DzY2gNMrQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8DzY2gNMrQ</a>

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Do NOT go in there.
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 11:34:14 PM »
Eminem is one thing: living proof of the societal rot that has occurred in our inner cities, and the fact that it goes far beyond race.

Gaga, on the other hand, is simply a stooge funded by wealthy gay interests. Those financiers have more effective methods of spreading their message, and she is old news now.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:35:10 PM by jmyrlefuller »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf