Author Topic: George Zimmerman: 'I'm homeless and suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder'  (Read 594 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2560283/George-Zimmerman-Im-homeless-suffering-post-traumatic-stress-disorder.html

George Zimmerman was interviewed for the Spanish-language show Aqui y Ahora
He told journalist Ilia Calderón that he doesn't have a permanent home and suffers from PTSD
Zimmerman said he feels 'very sad' after his trial for killing unarmed teen Trayvon Martin
He did the right thing, he says, because Martin would have killed him had he not opened fire
He receives death threats and cannot live a 'normal' life or go out without a bulletproof vest, he said
The interview will air Sunday on Univision at 7pm

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
He needs to either leave the country or move to some town in a place like Texas, Arizona, or New Mexico where he can simply blend in and disappear.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline sinkspur

It's hard to feel an iota of sympathy for a guy who seems to be constantly on the lookout to squeeze some celebrity status out of a tragic event.

Zimmerman's just not very bright.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
It's hard to feel an iota of sympathy for a guy who seems to be constantly on the lookout to squeeze some celebrity status out of a tragic event.

Zimmerman's just not very bright.

Come on, give George a break. I owe him a lot.

Let me explain.

I was born a Caucasian in Cuba, a direct descendant of mainland Caucasian Europeans.

I migrated to the US in the mid 1960's, an apparently, something happened on the flight over because once I landed in Miami I was no longer Caucasian. I was lost for sometime, then in 1973 Nixon invented Hispanics and suddenly I was a member of a group of people whose existence I preceded. I guess it was some weird sort of backwards grandfather clause.

For decades I was grouped with people who resembled me about as much as I resemble a Viking, and then VOILA!, George Z. shoots Trayvon, the media annouces that Zimmerman is a "White Hispanic" and I think to myself... HOLY TAMALE!

I'M BACK!

Cut George some slack.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline sinkspur

LOL!!!!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
My story is a bit similar to Luis' story.  My mother's parents came from Spain to Mexico briefly, then moved to California.  My grandfather called himself Castillian, but thanks to him I am apparently half-Hispanic.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
He needs to either leave the country or move to some town in a place like Texas, Arizona, or New Mexico where he can simply blend in and disappear.

???

Got some news for you......he could blend in anywhere in the Washington, DC region. 

He puts himself back in the public eye....he doesn't seem to need any help.

That said, he'll never be "homeless".   

Hell....I've got a spare bedroom he could have.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline olde north church

Come on, give George a break. I owe him a lot.

Let me explain.

I was born a Caucasian in Cuba, a direct descendant of mainland Caucasian Europeans.

I migrated to the US in the mid 1960's, an apparently, something happened on the flight over because once I landed in Miami I was no longer Caucasian. I was lost for sometime, then in 1973 Nixon invented Hispanics and suddenly I was a member of a group of people whose existence I preceded. I guess it was some weird sort of backwards grandfather clause.

For decades I was grouped with people who resembled me about as much as I resemble a Viking, and then VOILA!, George Z. shoots Trayvon, the media annouces that Zimmerman is a "White Hispanic" and I think to myself... HOLY TAMALE!

I'M BACK!

Cut George some slack.

Being Italian, Southern Italy and Naples, I have a bit of Latin blood.  What is the difference between an Hispanic and me?  Or Hispanic and French?  Or even Romanian?
Quoi?  Quoi?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Rapunzel

Being Italian, Southern Italy and Naples, I have a bit of Latin blood.  What is the difference between an Hispanic and me?  Or Hispanic and French?  Or even Romanian?
Quoi?  Quoi?

In Mexico, Central America and South America a lot of the Hispanic's have Indian blood. In Mexico there has always been a mix of Hispanics of European heritage and Hispanics of Indian heritage.  You can usually tell the difference. My sister's first husband was Hispanic of Spanish and Indian heritage (Spanish on his fathers side and Indian on the mothers side) - my nephew has blond hair and blue eyes... he inherited the Spanish as well as English/Irish from our side of the family - though the older he gets the more he looks like pictures of his father (who he has not seen since he was 3 years old).
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline SouthTexas

We have enough home grown idiots, don't need any more.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
He is displaying nearly all the signs of PTSD. Self destructive behavior, problems with relationships, attention seeking, excessive eating/sleeping. Not a huge surprise - the trial was stressing enough, and under that he has the knowledge that he took a life. That is hard to come to terms with at the best of times.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink