Author Topic: OBAMACARE MELTDOWN IN MASSACHUSETTS  (Read 1767 times)

Offline Rapunzel

OBAMACARE MELTDOWN IN MASSACHUSETTS
« on: February 15, 2014, 06:48:36 pm »
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/02/13/facing-application-backlog-insurance-marketplace-chief-breaks-down-tears/7kvMWfZMczLqsNKQOTE69I/story.html

Boston Globe:  “Jean Yang, the executive director of the Massachusetts [ObamaCare program], wept at a board meeting, where it was disclosed that 50,000 applications for health insurance are sitting in a pile, and have yet to be entered into a computer system. Each one of those applications requires two hours to process, adding to a mountain of work facing Connector staff as they scramble to prevent people from losing insurance, officials said. ‘These people came here to lead and innovate, and instead they’re doing manual workarounds, and they are embarrassed to tell friends and family that they work for the Health Connector,’ Yang said at the board meeting.”

[“The people who need relief from the imposition of ObamaCare are the American families, and that’s group that deserves to get some relief from this act and I think it has been very disappointing, and very revealing to see the president go through and make these changes...”—Former Gov. Mitt Romney, R-Mass., on “The Kelly File” Watch here.]

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: OBAMACARE MELTDOWN IN MASSACHUSETTS
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 08:30:12 pm »
yah...Massachusetts health care was supposedly the model of he Nation, until the State changed it to comply with Obamacare.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 05:17:17 pm »
http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4486962/dr-danielle-martin-senator-richard-burr

I wonder who is included in the 45,000 Americans who die each year because they have no insurance? I wish she was asked that question.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 05:34:03 pm »
I wonder who is included in the 45,000 Americans who die each year because they have no insurance? I wish she was asked that question.

Yeah I know. The tape cut off.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 12:00:33 am »
nobody dies because they don't have insurance.  They might not get as much care as they'd like, but they will get basic medical care if they seek it out; that's what the emergency rooms are for.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 12:19:28 am »
nobody dies because they don't have insurance.  They might not get as much care as they'd like, but they will get basic medical care if they seek it out; that's what the emergency rooms are for.
I may have recounted this before, but back in the late 80s my sister was working as a musician in Chicago with barely two dimes to rub together. While riding her bike she wiped out and injured her shoulder, requiring surgery. The hospital not only provided excellent treatment notwithstanding her lack of insurance, it set up a reasonable payment plan and she was able to pay the bill over time with no difficulty.

The problem now is that so many people - especially the young - believe they shouldn't have to pay anything at all for medical care. One of my nephews is like that. A few years ago when he was in his 20s and had no insurance, he was treated for some medical problem. When the bill came, he whined and complained that it wasn't fair that he should have to pay because it's not his fault he got sick. I expect he's signed up for O'care by now. Good luck with all that!  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 12:23:59 am »
I may have recounted this before, but back in the late 80s my sister was working as a musician in Chicago with barely two dimes to rub together. While riding her bike she wiped out and injured her shoulder, requiring surgery. The hospital not only provided excellent treatment notwithstanding her lack of insurance, it set up a reasonable payment plan and she was able to pay the bill over time with no difficulty.

The problem now is that so many people - especially the young - believe they shouldn't have to pay anything at all for medical care. One of my nephews is like that. A few years ago when he was in his 20s and had no insurance, he was treated for some medical problem. When the bill came, he whined and complained that it wasn't fair that he should have to pay because it's not his fault he got sick. I expect he's signed up for O'care by now. Good luck with all that!  **nononono*

Not only that, but there is an option for people who find they have medical bills they simply cannot pay:  bankruptcy.  That is time-honored, perfectly acceptable way of dealing with overwhelming debt, and someone who incurred huge medical bills because they lacked insurance will usually be the prototypical honest but unfortunate debtor for whom the bankruptcy laws were enacted.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 12:28:45 am »
The sad truth is someone without insurance is likely to get even better care than if they had medicaid...... show up at any emergency room or call and ambulance and insurance is secondary - saving your life is primary.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 12:31:01 am »
yep...they screwed the pooch so badly in Massachusetts that they are actually worse than Oregon.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv2UUcXCo9g

:smokin:

Offline happyg

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 12:34:21 am »
When I get statements from the hospital, there is a page asking if you need help paying, and a form to fill out. If you are low income, they will set up a payment plan.

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 12:59:53 am »
yep...they screwed the pooch so badly in Massachusetts that they are actually worse than Oregon.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv2UUcXCo9g

:smokin:

how sweet!

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 02:56:55 am »
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/02/13/facing-application-backlog-insurance-marketplace-chief-breaks-down-tears/7kvMWfZMczLqsNKQOTE69I/story.html

Boston Globe:  “Jean Yang, the executive director of the Massachusetts [ObamaCare program], wept at a board meeting, where it was disclosed that 50,000 applications for health insurance are sitting in a pile, and have yet to be entered into a computer system. Each one of those applications requires two hours to process, adding to a mountain of work facing Connector staff as they scramble to prevent people from losing insurance, officials said. ‘These people came here to lead and innovate, and instead they’re doing manual workarounds, and they are embarrassed to tell friends and family that they work for the Health Connector,’ Yang said at the board meeting.”

[“The people who need relief from the imposition of ObamaCare are the American families, and that’s group that deserves to get some relief from this act and I think it has been very disappointing, and very revealing to see the president go through and make these changes...”—Former Gov. Mitt Romney, R-Mass., on “The Kelly File” Watch here.]

and yet the looney left are still pretending that the 2014 elections will be IMMUNE to the hideous fallout from The Great Leaders Signature Legistlation...

what to do now.. oh what to do ..now
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 02:59:32 am by MeshugeMikey »