Author Topic: Celebrity President Obama tweets: No ‘House of Cards’ spoilers!  (Read 833 times)

Online mountaineer

Obama: No ‘House of Cards’ spoilers!
By Associated Press/NY Post
February 14, 2014 | 12:48pm

LOS ANGELES — President Obama’s latest playful executive order is a tweeted effort to limit “House of Cards” plot spoilers.<

The second season of the political thriller about a power-hungry Washington couple premiered in its entirety Friday on Netflix. Obama’s official Twitter account notes the occasion along with the request: “No spoilers, please.”
Barack Obama        ✔   @BarackObama 
Follow
Tomorrow: @HouseOfCards. No spoilers, please.
6:33 PM - 13 Feb 2014
37,166 Retweets   19,950 favorites 

Cast members reveled in the real-life president’s support at a premiere event Thursday night. Robin Wright plays Claire Underwood, wife of Kevin Spacey’s vice president-to-be Frank Underwood. She says Obama “knows good stuff.”

And Kate Mara, who plays reporter Zoe Barnes, double-checked the authenticity of the tweet before celebrating. She calls Obama’s message “one of the coolest things that’s happened to me.”

Mara says the 13-episode season is “just as dark as the first.”

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Celebrity President Obama tweets: No ‘House of Cards’ spoilers!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 02:26:33 am »
Barack Hussein Kardashian.......

:smokin:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 02:48:03 pm »
Barack Hussein Kardashian.......
 :smokin:
He really is. He's the vapid poseur-in-chief dancing with Beyonce and hobnobbing with NBA players while ValJar, Holder, et al., do the damage.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 02:52:00 pm »
He really is. He's the vapid poseur-in-chief dancing with Beyonce and hobnobbing with NBA players while ValJar, Holder, et al., do the damage.

yah....Rock Star status.....Famous for being Famous.  He's no better than some starlet "forgetting" to wear panties.....

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 03:05:49 pm »
yah....Rock Star status.....Famous for being Famous.  He's no better than some starlet "forgetting" to wear panties.....

Now that is a mental image I REALLY could have done without.  :smokin:

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 03:06:12 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 06:08:13 pm »
What an embarrassment he is.
LOS ANGELES (AP) –  The political thriller "House of Cards" launched its second season with support from fans in real-life Washington power circles.

The online series about a scheming, sometimes murderous couple, played by Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright, premiered in its entirety Friday on Netflix.

President Barack Obama's official Twitter account notes the occasion along with the request: "No spoilers, please." The tweet was not signed to indicate it came directly from the president, however, and the account is run by his group Organizing For Action.

Wright won a Golden Globe Awards for her portrayal of Claire Underwood, wife of Spacey's vice president-to-be Frank Underwood. She says Obama "knows good stuff."

And Kate Mara, who plays reporter Zoe Barnes, double-checked the authenticity of the tweet before celebrating. She calls the Obama message "one of the coolest things that's happened to me."

Mara says the 13-episode season is "just as dark as the first."

In a meeting with technology company CEOs in December, Obama playfully asked Netflix CEO Reed Hastings if he'd brought advance copies of the show.

"I wish things were that ruthlessly efficient. That's true," Obama joked. "I was looking at Kevin Spacey. I was thinking, 'This guy is getting a lot of stuff done.'"
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org