Author Topic: This is What Happens When You Make Us Care  (Read 235 times)

Offline Rapunzel

This is What Happens When You Make Us Care
« on: February 14, 2014, 05:23:57 PM »

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go

Offline mountaineer

Re: This is What Happens When You Make Us Care
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 08:00:44 PM »
The state of Kansas is passing legislation to stop that. The legislation protects religious individuals and their businesses from having to provide goods and services for gay marriages. The press is greatly exaggerating the legislation, trying to undermine it. The intimidation, harassment, and screaming has begun.
Just as Virginia's perfectly reasonable law defining marriage has been deemed unconstitutional, I suspect this effort of Kansas to promote freedom will be struck down. The deck is stacked against reasonable people.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 09:15:03 PM »
Just as Virginia's perfectly reasonable law defining marriage has been deemed unconstitutional, I suspect this effort of Kansas to promote freedom will be struck down. The deck is stacked against reasonable people.
To others it appears certain groups wish to use "religous freedom" to violate the equal protection clause of the Constitution.

See my previous post of instances where "Christianity" sought to enslave, later discriminate, then segregate black people, since they felt their bible gave that right.

New constitution for Christians: "All men are created equal, except the ones we disapprove of."

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 09:51:27 AM »
Who is being enslaved or discriminated against when a law only purports to prohibit others from violating a person's  First Amendment rights? Your analogies are misplaced.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf