Author Topic: ‘You Stab Them in the Back’: Beck Describes Contentious Meeting With Top GOP Member  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02/14/what-did-glenn-beck-say-to-a-top-gop-member-during-their-meeting-yesterday/

‘You Stab Them in the Back’: Beck Describes Contentious Meeting With Top GOP Member
Feb. 14, 2014 12:35pm Erica Ritz

Glenn Beck has been pushing the hashtag #DefundTheGOP for months, saying progressive, “establishment” members of the Republican Party are just as much of an obstacle to liberty as those on the left.

On Thursday, Beck had a meeting with “one of the GOP guys” he has been railing against, though didn’t reveal who it was. Beck did say, however, that the man has agreed to come and “take a beating” on his radio show and that he asked Americans to reconsider “[defunding] the GOP.”

Beck spoke about the meeting on his radio show Friday, saying the man was “very nice,” but he couldn’t help but become “hostile” as he thought of all the GOP has done to the Tea Party and other grassroots activists.

Beck said he told the GOP figure: “I’ve met these people. I don’t know if you have … They’re moms and they are dads … and they sat around their kitchen table and they made signs. And then for making those signs — boy, I’m starting to get hostile again. For making those signs, they took abuse from the media and the Democrats and Nancy Pelosi, saying that they were nothing but shills for you.”

But Beck said they weren’t shills for the Republican Party; they were standing up for the Constitution.

“And then what happens?” he continued. “As soon as you’re done with them … you can’t get away from them fast enough … You stab them in the back. Then you stab them in the chest, and you stab them in the side, and you stab them in the eyes..”

Beck said scornfully that while the establishment is begging to have some of its funding restored, many of its members are not “even paying attention” to the Internal Revenue Service scandal.

“We’ve tried absolutely everything,” Beck said. “We’ve tried to be nice. We’ve tried to come with signs. We’ve come with our families. We’ve changed our life … And we have taken it every step of the way. The only time [your] shadow has ever crossed my threshold is when you’re suddenly being cut off by funds — it seems to me it might be working.”

Beck grew increasingly heated, saying the GOP has “never given a rat’s ass” about the grassroots, but as soon as they “start to feel the pinch,” all of the sudden they want “their side” to be told.

“I’ll give you an opportunity to tell your side,” Beck said. “I’ll have you tell it on the radio. I’ll have you tell it on television. But if you expect anyone to not be hostile … you’ll be in for a really big surprise. #DefundTheGOP.”

Complimentary Clip from TheBlaze TV

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I sooooo cannot stand all the 'suspense'. :whistle:

Name the SOB, Glenn.  Stop with all YOUR bullshit too!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

Glen Beck, drama queen. 

He never, EVER changes.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
I don't give a damn what anybody says. He is correct. The GOP use the people and then back stab.
The E loved the town halls when it was to their benefit but that is it.

Remember...

CAN.YOU.HEAR.US.NOW?

As far as who the GOP Eer is. I guess the person Beck has been railing against the most is the mystery man?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Rapunzel

I don't give a damn what anybody says. He is correct. The GOP use the people and then back stab.
The E loved the town halls when it was to their benefit but that is it.

Remember...

CAN.YOU.HEAR.US.NOW?

As far as who the GOP Eer is. I guess the person Beck has been railing against the most is the mystery man?

Some are as invested in trashing Beck and they are Ted Cruz... they never bother to actually listen to the message.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

Some are as invested in trashing Beck and they are Ted Cruz... they never bother to actually listen to the message.

Beck is a mental case.  He's a good salesman, though;  always suckering his audience with this "tomorrow all will be revealed" hysteria.  Lots of people fall for it.

Cruz is a good salesman too, but he's so transparent.  Everything's oriented toward 2016........

Offline Rapunzel

What a load of poop from someone who said Beck was done with, fini, never to be seen or heard again when he left Fox..... today he owns his own growing television station.

Offline sinkspur

What a load of poop from someone who said Beck was done with, fini, never to be seen or heard again when he left Fox..... today he owns his own growing television station.

I'll take your word that it's "growing."  I never hear about Beck or his station except on GOPBR.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Beck is a mental case.  He's a good salesman, though;  always suckering his audience with this "tomorrow all will be revealed" hysteria.  Lots of people fall for it.

Cruz is a good salesman too, but he's so transparent.  Everything's oriented toward 2016........

Up until now, the GOP has been pretty good salesmen too, always suckering their voters with "we can't win this fight so we're not even going to go through the motions - but we're going to really fight the next one!"  Lots of people used to fall for it. 

They're so transparent - everything is oriented toward getting re-elected....so they can REALLY stand up to Obama the NEXT time....when they're going to win more seats (although they are hated more now than ever).....and then....and then - just you wait and see.....

8bs8 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

Up until now, the GOP has been pretty good salesmen too, always suckering their voters with "we can't win this fight so we're not even going to go through the motions - but we're going to really fight the next one!"  Lots of people used to fall for it. 

They're so transparent - everything is oriented toward getting re-elected....so they can REALLY stand up to Obama the NEXT time....when they're going to win more seats (although they are hated more now than ever).....and then....and then - just you wait and see.....

8bs8

So your alternative is to follow Ted Cruz, default on the debt, and somehow that wilL REALLY make voters love the GOP?

Have you lost your mind?

Politics is the art of the possible.  So far, Cruz seems to think politics is about going down in flames.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
So your alternative is to follow Ted Cruz, default on the debt, and somehow that wilL REALLY make voters love the GOP?

Have you lost your mind?

Politics is the art of the possible.  So far, Cruz seems to think politics is about going down in flames.

Ted Cruz speaks for the people he represents.  He is doing what he said he would do when he ran for office - UNLIKE - people like Mitch McConnell who gets all "tough guy" when he's up for re-election, and then just backs down like a little scaredy cat when Obama and the Media hiss "Boo!"

If we can't fight the other side because they will say we are meanies - then what is the point of an opposition party?  Obama has pretty much neutered the GOP.  From what I can see, their role has been reduced down to standing around like a bunch of eunichs in Congress so that Obama can dress them down on television when he wants a scapegoat to blame his failures on.  He's got 'em right where he wants them!

Boo! :scared smiley: 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

Ted Cruz is the Shih Tzu terrier of the Republican Party.

Fearless in taking on Obama and his policies....yet harmless to the Establishment.

He's necessary and a gift. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

Thank you for letting me know it ain't just me.....

:beer:

Offline Rapunzel

Thank you for letting me know it ain't just me.....

:beer:

Perhaps you should actually LISTEN to The Blaze before you criticize it.

Offline DCPatriot

Perhaps you should actually LISTEN to The Blaze before you criticize it.

The Blaze is great.

Glenn Beck's schtick however, is bullshit.  That's all we're saying.

Stop with the "Stay tuned tomorrow, for more exciting details........"