Author Topic: Poll: Americans Have Lost Hope in American Dream  (Read 544 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Americans Have Lost Hope in American Dream
« on: February 14, 2014, 03:04:17 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx?nodeid=552807

Newsmax
Poll: Americans Have Lost Hope in American Dream
Friday, February 14, 2014 09:41 AM

By: Melanie Batley

Americans are pessimistic about their chances of achieving and sustaining the American Dream, a new poll has found.

According to a Marist-McClatchy Poll conducted Feb. 4-9, 80 percent of Americans think it's harder now than in previous generations to get ahead. Just 15 percent think it takes the same work as it did before, and 5 percent say it's easier now than in decades before.

"They see an economic system in which they have to work harder than ever to get ahead, and a political system that's unresponsive to their needs. They see the wealthy allowed to play by a different set of rules from everyone else," wrote David Lightman, a member of McClatchy's Washington bureau.

The survey of 1,197 adults also found that 78 percent think it will be harder for the next generation to get ahead.

Eighty-six percent of those polled said they consider themselves middle class, with 14 percent calling themselves upper middle class, and 22 percent saying they are lower middle class.

Fifty-five percent say they think the middle class is most likely to be left behind by government policies, while another 40 percent say the poor are hurt the most.

"People just feel that those in Washington are not looking out for them," said Lee Miringoff, director of the Marist Institute for Public Opinion. "They really feel a disconnect."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Poll: Americans Have Lost Hope in American Dream
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 03:49:28 pm »
The GOP has a perfect opportunity to grab onto this and win future elections.

However, their past record indicates that they will most likely let it slip by, and not point out that the reason that Americans have lost HOPE is due to the policies of the punk who promised them HOPE.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Poll: Americans Have Lost Hope in American Dream
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 04:01:40 pm »
The GOP has a perfect opportunity to grab onto this and win future elections.

However, their past record indicates that they will most likely let it slip by, and not point out that the reason that Americans have lost HOPE is due to the policies of the punk who promised them HOPE.

Which is why we have to rid ourselves of those who created that record!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien