Author Topic: 2014 Will Be Bigger Wave Than 2010 - Rush Limbaugh Show  (Read 770 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
2014 Will Be Bigger Wave Than 2010 - Rush Limbaugh Show
« on: February 13, 2014, 08:44:57 pm »

2014 Will Be Bigger Wave Than 2010
February 13, 2014

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I want to reiterate something I said yesterday.  I really do believe that the Democrats know to a certain extent what's gonna hit them in November. You know, Henry Waxman retiring, a number of other Democrats announcing retirement? George Miller? Gee, those two guys alone quitting is one of the biggest telegraphed messages of where the Democrats think they are.

Those guys don't have anything else to do.

Being in politics and running other people's business and lives is their life.  Henry Waxman telling everybody what they can and can't do is his adrenaline.  He doesn't play golf.  He doesn't play shuffleboard.  He doesn't pursue sybaritic delights.  All he knows is being the chairman of A congressional committee that can make life miserable for people.  But if he can't be chairman, he doesn't want to be there.

He doesn't want to be in Congress then, and neither does George Miller.  So they've announced that they're retiring, not just resigning.  I think if the election in November were today, it would be a wave election that would make 2010 look small.  I think the American people are engaged. The polling data is all there.  There isn't any majority of people, other than subsets of Democrats, who support anything Obama's doing.

In national poll after national poll, a majority of Americans oppose everything Obama's doing.  A Fox News poll came out yesterday, and a huge number of people do not like Obama ignoring the Constitution.  A huge percentage is very opposed to this lawless behavior of his.  There's another factor that is gonna lead to a wave election -- I mean, massive Democrat defeats, massive Democrat losses in November.

Another contributing factor is, there won't be a Republican establishment candidate on the ballot to tick people off.  There will not be a Republican establishment candidate anywhere that will keep conservative or Republican voters at home, like there will be in 2016 if the party nominates another goofball.  If the party nominates another moderate, Northeastern liberal, you're gonna have a bunch of Republicans sit home again like they did in 2012.

But in these midterms, they're gonna show up in droves just to get rid of what's happening.

This is shaping up to be, I think, bigger than 2010, huge wave election.  All the signs are there.  That's why I want to emphasize this again to counter whatever you might have assumed was fatalism yesterday.  'Cause I also mentioned to you, this sounds panacea, and I can't back it up with anything.  This is just my instinct, and I'll admit it's tempered with a lot of desire.  But I really think that we're gonna beat this back.  Well, let me put it this way.  I think the country as you and I know and love it, is gonna survive.  We're gonna get through this.  I don't know when or how.  I can't give you any details or answers, and I'm not just saying it to keep you here.  I really think it.

If I didn't think it, I wouldn't be here, folks.  If I didn't think that, I wouldn't be writing these books for kids, I wouldn't be doing anything like that.  I really think what's happening offends and angers a vast majority of the American people.  I think they are beside themselves with pent-up rage and anger, and they have no outlet for it, and they do not have any daily political representation, elected political representation in Washington.  They do have a couple.  Sarah Palin, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, when they pop up the establishment tries to chop 'em right back down, and it's happening again over this debt thing, and I'll show you what I mean in sound bites coming up.

You'll see, these midterms are gonna be big, and guys like Waxman and George Miller are getting out of there.  Now, you always need the caveat.  Anything can happen in politics overnight that nobody can foresee.  That's why I say if the election were today, it'd be big.  And I still think it's gonna be.  Here's Joe Trippi.  He is a former Democrat consultant, Howard Dean, I think he ran one of his campaigns.  Yeah, he did.  He ran Dean's, what was it, 2004, or 2000, whenever?  Trippi quit when Dean lost the Hawkeye Cauci and then went "Aaarrrgggh!"  Trippi said, okay, I'm out.  He left.  He's been commentating at Fox.  He also was on The Kelly File last night, and she said, "Look, Joe, we're seeing more and more Democrats trying to distance themselves from the president.  There was a quote today in one of the articles.  The quote was that most Democrats consider Obama an albatross saying that he's done irreversible damage to his own reputation."

TRIPPI:  He's hurting the Democratic brand right now, the Obamacare snafus, all this stuff is hurting, and his approval rating's declining, and his credibility problems all drag the Democratic brand down.  I mean, in a midterm election, the popularity of the sitting president has more to do with who's up and who's down regardless of what party that president's in.

RUSH:  Doing damage to himself, to his brand, to the Democrat brand.  This is the kind of stuff that they don't say in public.  They say it to themselves behind closed doors or between the sheets, but they don't say it in public.  They don't come out like this, I'm telling you.

END TRANSCRIPT
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

Re: 2014 Will Be Bigger Wave Than 2010 - Rush Limbaugh Show
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 08:49:37 pm »
 :0001: :0001:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 09:07:42 pm »
I think there will actually be two waves.  The first is the GOP primary in which a lot of GOPe incumbents are going to get a taste of Tea.  The second will be the general election.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 09:14:50 pm »
I think there will actually be two waves.  The first is the GOP primary in which a lot of GOPe incumbents are going to get a taste of Tea.  The second will be the general election.

From your lips to Gods ear!

We have our primary here on March 4th and I'm doing all that I can to make the first part of that begin to happen right here in Texas!!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 09:15:45 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 10:04:42 pm »
and unfortunately the 3rd wave, where all the GOP-e types run on third party a la Lisa Murkowski, sh!t on the carpet and put even more liberal a$$holes into the Senate and H of R
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 10:08:04 pm »
and unfortunately the 3rd wave, where all the GOP-e types run on third party a la Lisa Murkowski, sh!t on the carpet and put even more liberal a$$holes into the Senate and H of R

Not every state allows the losing candidate to do what Murkowski did...and don't forget she only pulled it off because of her last name - which is the only reason she is in the senate in the first place. 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 11:31:10 pm »
Not every state allows the losing candidate to do what Murkowski did...and don't forget she only pulled it off because of her last name - which is the only reason she is in the senate in the first place.

I trust them not, Rap.  Remember DeDe Scasvazzo(?)?  I know it wasn't a Senate thing but these government types act as if it's their due.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:32:47 pm by olde north church »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 12:03:39 am »
When you listen to the one-sided spin it looks good. But when you hear the rest of the story, voters like the GOP less than Obama.

So then one spins "but the Tea Party" fixes that problem.  But the Tea Party favorability is going down, not up. The public doesn't like the government shut down, for instance.

The GOP has won the popular vote in just one of the last six presidential elections. The demographics for conservatives are shrinking. One year ago, there was agreement about the need for a hard reset on the GOP "brand," but of late that didn't last long.

My advice: Don't count your elephants too soon, lest they turn out to be donkeys.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 12:10:21 am »
When you listen to the one-sided spin it looks good. But when you hear the rest of the story, voters like the GOP less than Obama.

So then one spins "but the Tea Party" fixes that problem.  But the Tea Party favorability is going down, not up. The public doesn't like the government shut down, for instance.

The GOP has won the popular vote in just one of the last six presidential elections. The demographics for conservatives are shrinking. One year ago, there was agreement about the need for a hard reset on the GOP "brand," but of late that didn't last long.

My advice: Don't count your elephants too soon, lest they turn out to be donkeys.

You're entirely too gloomy.  The public is sick of Obama and Obamacare.  And midterms draw the die hards and the angry, and, from what I can tell, the public is just as angry now as in 2010. 

The Senate is right there for the taking as long as we don't nominate a raft of Akins'. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 12:19:57 am »
You're entirely too gloomy.  The public is sick of Obama and Obamacare.  And midterms draw the die hards and the angry, and, from what I can tell, the public is just as angry now as in 2010. 

The Senate is right there for the taking as long as we don't nominate a raft of Akins'.
I think it is wise, in view of the division within the GOP, to assume they'll blow the opportunity.

The manic postings and spin here, presume the nation is thrilled with the TP movement, yet polls and other measures counter that.

Money donated to the TP movement is not being spent on candidates, rather on "consultants" and I dare say commissions for fundraising, paid to the self-appointed political pros, like Amy Kremer and Mary Beth etc.

Yet the groupies howl at every rebellious utterance in the news.

I expect Akins times three. They don't learn. As evidence I offer Stockman.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 12:54:36 am »
The Tea Party isn't going down no matter how much you wish it so - I know that it distresses you greatly.

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 01:10:16 am »
The Tea Party isn't going down no matter how much you wish it so - I know that it distresses you greatly.
The people who attempt to make a dollar off the Tea Party are hurting it though.  You know the one's who seek face time on the Fox networks.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 01:57:46 am »
The people who attempt to make a dollar off the Tea Party are hurting it though.  You know the one's who seek face time on the Fox networks.

I don't watch Fox anymore... once in a while Megyn Kelly, but that's all.. tired of them working with the GOPe to push their candidates over everyone else in the race.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 05:43:12 am »
I want it to be better, more effective and rise in favorability. But I am a realist, and when presented facts to the contrary, admit to the presence of same.

What distresses me if the downhill trend of their favorability. I try to understand why that is so.

They had better get some activity going, besides paying consultants (themselves?). They had better do a better job of candidate selection and endorsement.