Author Topic: Cruz: GOP senators think they have 'foolish, gullible constituents'  (Read 749 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/198396-cruz-says-gop-senators-dont-tell-the-truth-defends-debt-limit

February 14, 2014, 07:26 am
Cruz: GOP senators think they have 'foolish, gullible constituents'

By Peter Sullivan

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) explained fellow Republican senators’ anger over his filibuster of the debt ceiling vote by saying that they hate being “forced to tell the truth.”

“In the 13 months I’ve been in the Senate it has become apparent to me the single thing that Republican politicians hate and fear the most, and that is when they’re forced to tell the truth. It makes their heads explode,” Cruz told radio host Mark Levin Thursday.

Cruz tried to filibuster a vote in the Senate to raise the debt ceiling Wednesday, forcing the approval of 60 senators instead of a simple majority. That required Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to take a politically risky vote in favor of the increase.

“Make no mistake about it, this was their desired outcome,” Cruz said. “A lot of the Republicans wanted exactly what Barack Obama wanted, exactly what Nancy Pelosi wanted, exactly what Harry Reid wanted, which is to raise the debt ceiling, but they wanted to be able to tell what they view as their foolish, gullible constituents back home they didn’t do it.”

Cruz pointed out that in the weeks before, Republican senators had been saying that they wanted concessions attached to the increase, not the “clean” bill that ended up passing.

“It’s like they think the American people are just a bunch of rubes, that we don’t remember what they say,” Cruz said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Cruz: GOP senators think they have 'foolish, gullible constituents'
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 04:31:17 pm »
And they have had good reason to believe that in the past but it's over now!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 05:44:34 pm »
“A lot of the Republicans wanted exactly what Barack Obama wanted,

Uh, no, Teddy.  What Barack Obama wanted was another high-profile debt ceiling showdown and, hopefully, a shutdown, so he could drive the GOP numbers down even further.

GOP Senators didn't give it to him, and you're pissed about it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 05:46:47 pm »
“A lot of the Republicans wanted exactly what Barack Obama wanted,

Uh, no, Teddy.  What Barack Obama wanted was another high-profile debt ceiling showdown and, hopefully, a shutdown, so he could drive the GOP numbers down even further.

GOP Senators didn't give it to him, and you're pissed about it.

He is angry because they said they were going to fight the debt ceiling and like everything else the Republicans do is it was all talk and no action.  The GOP is made up of a bunch of old cowards who are perfectly happy to be able to say we can't do anything because we don't control the senate.  Sorry I stand with Ted he is one of the few who actually cares about this country over party.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 05:52:14 pm »
He is angry because they said they were going to fight the debt ceiling and like everything else the Republicans do is it was all talk and no action.  The GOP is made up of a bunch of old cowards who are perfectly happy to be able to say we can't do anything because we don't control the senate.  Sorry I stand with Ted he is one of the few who actually cares about this country over party.

Ted cares about Ted;   he was willing to make Cornyn and McConnell walk the plank, and they will never forget it.

What some TPers seem not to realize is that the shutdown strategy is OFF THE TABLE.  It didn't work in October, and it will never work.  Cruz seems not to have gotten that through his thick skull.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 05:58:17 pm »
Ted cares about Ted;   he was willing to make Cornyn and McConnell walk the plank, and they will never forget it.

What some TPers seem not to realize is that the shutdown strategy is OFF THE TABLE.  It didn't work in October, and it will never work.  Cruz seems not to have gotten that through his thick skull.

What you don't seem to understand is that most of us have stoped caring a whit what YOU think about anything Dave! Your personal hatred of Ted Cruz has blinded you to reality!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 06:12:47 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 07:14:28 pm »
What you don't seem to understand is that most of us have stoped caring a whit what YOU think about anything Dave! Your personal hatred of Ted Cruz has blinded you to reality!

You read what I write, though, don't you?  Whether you care or not matters not one bit to me.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 07:17:39 pm »
You read what I write, though, don't you?  Whether you care or not matters not one bit to me.

Sometimes! simply for the entertainment value but even that is waning fast!

- J. R. R. Tolkien