Author Topic: Sochi 2014: American Skier Gus Kenworthy Adopts Four Stray Puppies Before Winning Silver  (Read 449 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/2014/02/13/Sochi-2014-American-Skier-Gus-Kenworthy-Adopts-Four-Stray-Puppies

Sochi 2014: American Skier Gus Kenworthy Adopts Four Stray Puppies Before Winning Silver
by Mary Chastain 13 Feb 2014, 9:24 AM PDT

The dogs in Sochi, Russia are receiving almost more attention than the athletes for the 2014 Winter Olympics. International outrage occurred after city officials hired a company to murder the stray dogs in the city before the games. A Russian billionaire stepped in and funded a shelter. Many civilians capture the dogs and take them to the shelter.

The dogs are also stealing the hearts of American athletes.

American skier Gus Kenworthy tweeted out this adorable picture of him with FOUR puppies.

Not only are the puppies going to a very loving home, but Kenworthy received the silver medal for the men’s slopestyle skiing and his teammates Joss Christensen and Nick Goepper received the gold and bronze medal. It was the first American sweep in the 2014 games.

Gus Kenworthy        ✔ @guskenworthy
Follow

Also, for the people wondering, I've lined up kennels 4 the pups & made vaccination appointments. Doing all I can to bring them home w/ me!
11:50 AM - 12 Feb 2014

Gus Kenworthy        ✔ @guskenworthy
Follow

puppy love is real to puppies.
12:12 PM - 11 Feb 2014

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776