Author Topic: RUSh...Obama's Lawlessness? Nobody Cares  (Read 419 times)

Offline Rapunzel

RUSh...Obama's Lawlessness? Nobody Cares
« on: February 13, 2014, 10:17:39 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/02/13/obama_s_lawlessness_nobody_cares

Obama's Lawlessness? Nobody Cares
February 13, 2014

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Let's move to audio sound bite number 12.  This is last night, the Fox News Channel on the Kelly File.  That's Megyn Kelly's show.  She's talking to the senior political columnist for the National Journal, Ron Fournier, about Obamacare.

She said, "They say, 3.3 million Americans have enrolled now in the state exchange and the federal exchange. That is not true. We don't know how many have enrolled," and that is true, by the way.  They don't know, folks.  There's no data. Nobody knows.  Health and Human Services announced yesterday the cumulative total of 3.3 million people have signed up.

But that figure includes hundreds of thousands of people who have failed to make their first premium payment, and yet they still got insurance.  Did you know that?  And yet there are some people who have paid their premiums who don't have insurance.  Both things are true.  It's an absolute mess.  So Megyn Kelly is asking Ron Fournier: What the hell here, Ron?  How in the world is this all happening?

FOURNIER:  It's my biggest problem with this White House and with politics in Washington in general is, they assume people are dumb and that they're not going to, you know, get beyond the spin and find out what's really happening. The fact of the matter is, they said they needed to get to seven million. Now they're saying, "No, no, no, no! We weren't talking about seven million." They were.

RUSH:  Right.  He knows.  He knows.  But at the end of the day, he's still gonna vote for every Democrat he can.  At the end of the day, he's still gonna be trumpeting Obama over any opponent. Even though this is embarrassing, even though they know that the way Obama's getting away with this is appealing to the dumb.  Folks, I want to repeat something I said yesterday, 'cause on portions of yesterday's program, I didn't intend it, but could have come off as pessimistic or even fatalistic.

We spent a lot of time yesterday asking an open-ended question:  What do we do to stop somebody as lawless, some president as lawless this?  What do we do?  Nobody knows.  Nobody knows what to do.  Nobody knows how to stop him giving away money.  Nobody knows how to beat him giving away money.  Nobody knows how to deal with a guy who makes up the law every day as he gets up.

We've never confronted this before.

We've never had a president who is so lawless.

We've never had a president who is so unconcerned with the Constitution.

We've never dealt with it, so nobody knows what to do.  Nobody knows what to go on TV and say.  Nobody knows what kind of policy to author.  Nobody knows. File a lawsuit? Do we have standing? Who do we sue and on what basis?  Nobody knows what to do.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Now, everybody's sending me this Obama quote, and I'll read it to you.  It's Obama in 2008.  But this is one of those things where, okay, I'm gonna tell you what Obama said, and you know what effect it's gonna have on people?  (raspberry)  Here you go.  Barack Obama, Senator Barack Obama, 2008, quote, "I taught constitutional law for 10 years.  I take the Constitution very seriously.  The biggest problem that we're facing right now is George Bush trying to bring more and more power to the executive branch and not go through Congress at all.  And that is what I intend to reverse when I am president of the United States of America," close quote.

Senator Barack Hussein Obama lying through his teeth then and now and every day.  Okay, so, plaster it everywhere, folks, this is what Obama said in 2008.  And at TMZ it will end up in the waste can.  At E! Entertainment Tonight, they won't even print it out.  The Democrat National Committee, they will blame George Bush for making Obama think this.  But he said it.  I mean, I've gone back in the archives here; I found something that -- oh, Jonathan Turley.  Jonathan Turley's out there, I've got the sound bite here.  I'm not gonna have time to get to it right now, but I'll just tease you.

Jonathan Turley's out there saying things I told you about in 2009, which is cool, no, no, John Turley, constitutional lawyer and big lib, big Democrat, very concerned about what Obama's doing and using terminology that I used back in 2009.  I could tell you that, too.  You know what that's worth?  (raspberry)  "Did you hear what Limbaugh said in 2009?"  (Raspberry) "Did you hear what Obama said in 2008?"  Big deal.  This is 2014.  And it doesn't matter what he said back then; it's what he's doing now.  He's basically giving away everybody else's money.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  I want to get back to the audio sound bites here, and I want to play for you some Jonathan Turley.  He was on Megyn Kelly's show on Fox last night.  Now, some people get irritated with me when I play these libs saying these things, because, well, we've said all this. I've said it myself, what he's gonna say.  But the fact that he's not one of us is why I'm gonna spend some time with it.  Not a whole lot, but I'll set it up for you.

He's a liberal.  He's a constitutional lawyer.  He was a big Obamaite from the get-go, and he is not happy with Obama right now on this constitutionally business, on this Obama being lawless, and he firmly believes that the vast legion of Obama supporters are just a cult now, that no matter what, Obama can't do any wrong, no matter what he does.  It's just that kind of blind support.  Now, a lot of people get mad at me.

"What do you mean playing Turley!  I've said that stuff, too."  I did, too, back on February 8th of 2008.  Do you realize Obama wasn't elected until November of 2008? This is February 2008. It's right here at RushLimbaugh.com: "Obama's Messianic Appeal."  I saw the idolatry for Obama back in 2008. I saw it.  I called it a cult of personality myself, six years ago, and I'm not gonna play Turley here and say, "See? Well, I said it first, and Turley's copying me."

That's not the point.

It's just that here is a guy who is a big-time supporter of Obama, who may have been one of these cult supporters at one time and isn't anymore.  My only point here is that there are some leftists, and I've always known there would be, not very many, who are alarmed at this lawlessness.  There are leftists.  I mean, there are not a whole lot of them, but there are a lot.  There's some of them that do hold the Constitution in some reverence.

Let's just go to audio sound bites.

Megyn Kelly said to Jonathan Turley, "You said the framers would be horrified because everything they did was to create balance between the branches of government and we've lost it. Expand on that."  Now, this is nothing any of us on the right have not said.  It was just the other day I was talking about the separation of powers and how Congress has given up their power to this guy, willingly. The Democrats have willingly given it up, and maybe even the Republicans.

With the Republicans, it's not cult worship; it's just abject fear.

Anyway, here's what Turley said in answer to her question...

TURLEY:  We've become a nation of enablers.  We are turning a blind eye to a fundamental change in our system.  I think many people will come to loathe that they remained silent during this period.  This is beginning to border on a cult of personality for people on the left.  Many people will look back at this period in history and see nothing but confusion as to why people remained so silent when the president asserted these types of unilateral actions.  You have a president who's claimed the right to basically rewrite or ignore or negate federal laws.  That's a very dangerous thing.

RUSH:  Again, nothing new there.  You've thought it for years.  We all have.  Okay.  So here is a liberal -- acknowledged, admitted, proud liberal -- constitutional lawyer joining us.  You have to say here, he's exactly right.  Now, when he says, "I think many people will come to loathe that they remained silent," he's talking about Democrats there.  He's talking about maybe some Obama voters, but he doesn't really hold that in high regard.

They're a cult.  They're a cult of philosophy, personality.  He's talking about media people.  The people who are supposed to safeguard all this stuff, they're the ones staying silent, and he says they're gonna come to loathe that they remained silent.  That's what I don't see happening.  Do you see...? Let me pick a name here.  I don't mean to pick on anybody.  Do you ever see...? I'm just trying to think of an appropriate liberal journalist.  I mean, there's so many of them. It's not a brain freeze.

F. Chuck Todd.  Do you ever see F. Chuck Todd going on NBC and apologizing for missing what was going on?  Do you ever foresee Bob Schieffer or David Gregory, NBC, CBS, going on TV and regretting they remained silent during this?  See, Turley's reaction here is, I think, a quite natural hopefulness.  At some point, he believes some people are gonna speak up and either apologize or acknowledge they missed something big, and wonder how could they have missed it.

This is what I don't see happening.  I don't. I don't see the left turning on the guy or on themselves.  That's why I say, "We have to beat them." To expect them to join us is a fool's errand is my point.  It may happen.  You could say, "Well, Rush, Turley is."  Well, is he really?  He's acknowledging it, but is he gonna vote for a Republican next time?  I don't know.  I don't know Mr. Turley.  I've never met him.  I only know him from watching him on TV.

Then he says, "Many people are gonna look back at this period in history and see nothing but confusion as to why people remain so silent when the president asserted..." Well, the people aren't remaining silent.  See, this is the point.  People aren't.  There are all kinds of people speaking up. Nobody on the left is, but there are all kinds of people raising hell about this -- and when they do, they are shot down, struck down, laughed at, mocked, made fun of; called extremist, kook, paranoiacs, what have you.

Here's the next bite.  Megyn Kelly said, "What is supposed to be done about it? In your testimony before Congress you cited Ben Franklin, who believed that the other branches would work in their own self-interest to try to rein in a president who got drunk on his own power. Congress can withdraw money. They can move to impeach. They can file lawsuits, which they have done. What are they supposed to do?"

TURLEY:  I'm astonished at the degree of passivity in Congress, particularly among Democrats.  I first came to Congress when I was a young page, and there were people that fiercely believed in the institution.  It didn't matter what party held the White House.  But we're seeing now the usurpation of legislative authority that's unprecedented in this country.

RUSH:  And that is right on the money. He's one of many people saying, "Where is Congress?"  The Democrats in Congress are celebrating what Obama's doing.  Sheila Jackson Lee... You think she's one of these women who's smarter than her husband? (interruption) You don't?  (interruption) That's true.  I haven't seen her husband, either.  (interruption) Okay.  (interruption) All right.

So, anyway, she says that the purpose for Congress now, what they should be doing is writing executive orders for Obama to sign.  The Democrats in Congress want to see more of this tyranny.  They want to see more of this dictatorial-type stuff.  They are happy.  I mean, he's one of them.  They don't disagree with him on anything.  They're happy to step aside and let him play dictator.

Okay, then next is the Supreme Court.  Well, they can't do anything until somebody brings something to them.  Now, I have to think... I'm shooting in the dark here, but there are some justices on the Supreme Court who would just relish slapping this down on constitutional grounds if the opportunity were presented, 'cause this is turning the Constitution upside down, and there are some justices who revere it.

If somebody ever brought a case, if somehow one of these separation-of-powers cases could be brought or any of this stuff that Obama's doing with Obamacare, it would be fascinating to see. (interruption) Well, but look how long it takes a case to get to the Supreme Court is my point. (interruption) Well, yeah, but the Democrats in the Senate aren't gonna do anything, and we know that the Republicans in the House aren't gonna do anything.  They're not. Nobody wants to confront Obama on any of this.

END TRANSCRIPT
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 10:23:53 pm by mystery-ak »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776