Author Topic: Celibate gay man encourages students at Christian university to abandon cultural, sexual identities  (Read 1344 times)

Offline happyg

Offline mountaineer

stated that queer sex was not holy.
Considering that God has condemned it ... yeah, I'd say it's not "holy."
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline mountaineer

Offline aligncare

I believe God made us in all our imperfections. So to me the difficult nature of this issue is easier to reconcile if one keeps in mind the possibility, the strong possibility, that homosexuality is probably a genetic variant, which puts any judgment beyond the scope of morality. Others may see it differently.
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline mountaineer

We have to distinguish the temptation - homosexual urges or desires - and acting upon that temptation. The Bible clearly says that homosexual activity is wrong. It doesn't say that the temptation is wrong. In fact, it says we're all tempted to do some sort of sin - but God can give us the strength to resist giving into that temptation.

Offline aligncare

Yes, I see. I can only imagine how difficult it would be to be both Christian and gay. Those gays that I have known over the years have been, for the most part, wonderful people.

Online DCPatriot

You'd think that a global institution like the Catholic Church would have had a rational explanation [read: alibi] for homosexuality.

...one that would be accepted in 'enlightened' civilizations.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
As I remind people often - homosexuality is condemned in the bible between 2 and 4 times, depending on your version. Pride is condemned several dozen times.

When someone talks about a gay man looking at their butt, which is the worse sin? The looking? Or the assuming your ass is an eye magnet?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
As I remind people often - homosexuality is condemned in the bible between 2 and 4 times, depending on your version. Pride is condemned several dozen times.

When someone talks about a gay man looking at their butt, which is the worse sin? The looking? Or the assuming your ass is an eye magnet?

Being tempted is never a sin because we all are.  Giving into it is the sin.

The Bible also refers to homosexual acts as "detestable" to God, something few other things get called.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online DCPatriot

Being tempted is never a sin because we all are.  Giving into it is the sin.

The Bible also refers to homosexual acts as "detestable" to God, something few other things get called.

I reject the notion that a human being not be allowed to engage in carnal acts, just because they have a genetic defect.

And it's been going on since Adam was only a great grandfather, I'm sure.

Where the line has been obliterated, is not keeping it away from polite, moral society.

Now...the enlightened USA and its media have been pushing GAY RIGHTS...all the while the economy and business is hemorrhaging.

We're smack dab in the middle of Nazi Germany, 1930's.....only with WiFi.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline aligncare

I reject the notion that a human being not be allowed to engage in carnal acts, just because they have a genetic defect.

And it's been going on since Adam was only a great grandfather, I'm sure.

Where the line has been obliterated, is not keeping it away from polite, moral society.

Now...the enlightened USA and its media have been pushing GAY RIGHTS...all the while the economy and business is hemorrhaging.

We're smack dab in the middle of Nazi Germany, 1930's.....only with WiFi.

Your point is an interesting one. Sexuality in premodern times was a private matter. Today it's no holds barred! Ever see the images from a gay pride parade?

So in many ways, "don't ask don't tell" is a pretty darn good model for how the two sides of the issue should deal with matters of sexuality in general, homo or hetero: leave it in the bedroom.

Offline Rapunzel

So in many ways, "don't ask don't tell" is a pretty darn good model for how the two sides of the issue should deal with matters of sexuality in general, homo or hetero: leave it in the bedroom.

:amen: :amen: :amen: and off our TV and movie screens.

Offline mountaineer

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati

At this point in my life, I'd be quite pleased if somebody else's eyes were so bad they mistook my sorry, flabby, dragging bum as something attractive!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf