Author Topic: Benghazi: The Movie, coming soon  (Read 719 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Benghazi: The Movie, coming soon
« on: February 13, 2014, 01:49:42 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/defcon-hill/policy-strategy/198252-benghazi-the-movie-coming-soon

February 12, 2014, 04:44 pm
Benghazi: The Movie, coming soon

By Kristina Wong

The 2012 attack in Benghazi, Libya, could soon be up on the silver screen.

The rights to an e-book on Benghazi have been optioned as a movie, its authors announced.

The e-book, "Benghazi: The Definitive Report," was written by Army Special Operantions Ranger Jack Murphy and former Navy SEAL and editor-in-chief of SOFREP.com Brandon Webb, who leveraged their contacts within the special forces community to get on-the-ground details of the Sept. 11, 2012 terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate and nearby CIA annex in Benghazi.

"SOFREP.com is pleased to announce that it has sold the rights to their New York Times bestseller, 'Benghazi: The Definitive Report' to JW Endeavor Inc. of Santa Monica, Calif.," Webb announced this week.

The book reportedly provides "the first authentic insider account, and details of what happened on the ground."

During the attack, two former Navy SEALS who were there as contractors, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty, were killed defending the CIA annex. The attack also claimed the lives of U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and State Department information management officer Sean Smith.

"This book hits close to home because Ty and Glen were both teammates, and Glen was a best friend, and uncle to my three children. I want to see this movie done right, and we are looking forward to working with Jan Wellman of Endeavor," Webb said in a statement.

There is no date yet as to when the movie will be released.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Benghazi: The Movie, coming soon
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 02:30:23 am »
Oh brother!  Which one of the Whalbergs is gonna star in this one????

:smokin:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 04:18:10 am »
I hope it is better than Zero Dark Thirty. I've tried to watch it three times now and cannot get into it.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 04:33:31 am »
I liked Zero Dark Thirty.

Either the Benghazi movie will be politically neutral, or it will be used to defend Obama's and especially Clinton's failings.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton