Author Topic: Dad Picks Up Daughter from Movies. Their Car Gets Rear-Ended. Then Their Evening of Terror Begins.  (Read 458 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02/12/dad-picks-up-daughter-from-movies-their-car-gets-rear-ended-then-their-evening-of-terror-begins/

Dad Picks Up Daughter from Movies. Their Car Gets Rear-Ended. Then Their Evening of Terror Begins.

Feb. 12, 2014 10:28am Dave Urbanski   

Jay Christopher Jost Jr. had just picked up his daughter from the movies and was driving on a Raleigh, N.C. highway when, police say, he noticed a car following them.

The car rear-ended Jost’s Saab. Then kept hitting it. Again and again.

Image source: WTVD-TV

Police released chilling 911 audio as the terrifying situation unfolded Saturday night, Raleigh’s WTVD-TV reported:

Dispatcher: 911 “What’s the location of your emergency?”

Caller: “I’ve got a guy that’s following me, and he’s rear-ended me and now he’s following me again.”

Dispatcher: “And what is your name?”

Caller: “He hit us again! Oh my God!”

Dispatcher: “And what is your name?”

Caller: “He’s just hit us twice!”

Police said Jost’s voice was altered on the released recording to disguise it; his daughter is heard screaming in the background. The alleged attacker is Remy Blaisdell Gagon, 25, someone with whom Jost was not acquainted, police said.

Caller: (screaming) “Jesus, he just hit me again!”

Jost drove into a parking lot in front of a Whole Foods Market to wait for help, but Gagon reportedly followed them and continued striking Jost’s car.

Caller: “He’s hit me three times now, and here he comes again.”

Dispatcher: “OK and you’re like circling the Whole Foods parking lot?”

Caller: “I’m trying to figure out what his plate is. (screaming) He just hit me four times now!”

Caller: (screaming) “Look, he just broke my window, broke my car. I’m freaking out! Jesus! He’s trying to kill us! Please! My God…someone! Please!”

Police say Jost found the right moment to get his daughter out of the car so she could run inside the Whole Foods for safety while he waited outside, WFJA-FM in central North Carolina reported. Jost soon took cover inside the store as well — but the suspect reportedly ran after him.

Police arrived and arrested Gagnon. There are conflicting news reports about whether police used force.

Jost and his daughter weren’t hurt, WTVD said. Gagnon was taken to a hospital, then released, and remains in police custody at an undisclosed location, WFJA reported.

Police say he faces two counts of assault with a dangerous weapon, two counts of simple assault — for kicking an EMS worker and biting a firefighter — and one count of careless and reckless driving.

Image source: WTVD-TV

WFJA reported that police are trying to determine if Gagnon was under the influence of any substances.

Police spokesman Jim Sughrue told TheBlaze on Wednesday that Gagnon is presently receiving care at a medical facility that police cannot disclose, and will be formally charged when he’s well enough.

The public defender’s office in Wake County said Gagon has not been assigned an attorney and no court date for a preliminary hearing has been set, WFJA reported.

Carolyn Floyd, Jost’s sister, told WJFA she doesn’t know what triggered the attacks but that her brother acted bravely to save his daughter.

“I just believe that my brother is a hero,” Floyd said. “He is an absolute hero.”

Here’s the report from WTVD:
video at link
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Olivia

Wow!  How stupid and evil can you be?  It will be covered up by declaring him mentally ill but he'll still be allowed to drive his car and torment others.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim