Author Topic: GOP Report Concludes Military Could Not Have Changed Outcome in Benghazi  (Read 1823 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mediaite.com/online/gop-report-concludes-military-could-not-have-changed-outcome-in-benghazi/

GOP Report Concludes Military Could Not Have Changed Outcome in Benghazi
by Tommy Christopher | 10:34 am, February 12th, 2014

The attack on the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya that left four Americans dead, including Ambassador Chris Stevens, continues to be a line of political attack against the Obama administration, but a new report from the Republican-led House Armed Services Committee belies at least one aspect of the popular conservative criticism, that U.S. forces were ordered to “stand down” when they could have saved lives in Benghazi.

The Republican-authored report’s findings are, by no means, a love letter to President Obama or then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. For example, the report concludes that U.S. personnel in Benghazi were woefully vulnerable in September 2012 because a) the administration did not direct a change in military force posture; b) there was no intelligence of a specific “imminent” threat in Libya; and c) the Department of State, which has primary responsibility for diplomatic security, favored a reduction of Department of Defense security personnel in Libya before the attack.”

The balance of the report contains many such harsh judgments of the Obama administration, the State Department, and the intelligence community.

However, as ThinkProgress notes, the report does undermine a key spoke in conservative talking points about Benghazi:

As Media Matters reports, Fox News cited reports of a stand-down order no fewer than 85 times during prime-time segments as of June 2013. As the new report — which the Republican majority of the committee authored –makes very clear in its findings, however, no such order ever existed. “There was no ‘stand down’ order issued to U.S. military personnel in Tripoli who sought to join the fight in Benghazi,” the report says, noting that the military was not positioned to respond to the attack.

“Given the military’s preparations on September 11, 2012, majority members have not yet discerned any response alternatives that could have likely changed the outcome of the Benghazi attack,” the report concludes.

The full House Armed Services Majority Interim Report: Benghazi Investigation Update is available here.
http://armedservices.house.gov/index.cfm/files/serve?File_id=C4E16543-8F99-430C-BEBA-0045A6433426
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: GOP Report Concludes Military Could Not Have Changed Outcome in Benghazi
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 05:19:23 pm »
Sorry...I've heard and read otherwise..opinions I trust more than these idiots on Cap Hill.....why the urge to white wash the truth and protect Hillary and Obama amazes me.....The Bengahzi 4 will never rest in peace!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 05:43:36 pm »
bleep bullshit.

7 bleep hours? When they could have been there in 2? I don't know what the hell your guys are being taught now, but it isn't normal. If there is a 5% chance, you bleep well go in. You do not leave your people with their ass swinging in the breeze.

Sorry for the swearing.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 05:47:46 pm »
You do not leave your people with their ass swinging in the breeze

The military believes this...where up the chain of command this belief stops baffles me....I say the Cinc!
Support the USO

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 05:56:49 pm »
The military believes this...where up the chain of command this belief stops baffles me....I say the Cinc!

He's a boy. Playing a board game. He forgets that the game pieces bleed and have dreams of their own. Or, worse still, doesn't bleep care. Most brass are assholes, that's a given, but they at least pretend to try.

Never call him CinC to me please. He doesn't deserve the title nor one jot of respect for that aspect of what he is supposed to do.

Sorry - had a rough couple hours with a sister in arms who has PTSD and is having a really bad day. Talking someone down is stressing as hell

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 06:21:31 pm »
bleeping bullshit.

7 bleeping hours? When they could have been there in 2? I don't know what the hell your guys are being taught now, but it isn't normal. If there is a 5% chance, you bleeping well go in. You do not leave your people with their ass swinging in the breeze.

Sorry for the swearing.

Swear on friend! I'm right there with you!

There is a very high level coverup underway here and for a really good reason! If the TRUTH ever comes out there will be HELL to pay!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 06:25:32 pm »

They were BETRAYED! They would not have been painting targets with lasers, and thus giving away their own positions,  if they didn't have solid information that there was an asset overhead ready to bring hell fire and damnation down on those targets!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 06:31:58 pm »
They were BETRAYED! They would not have been painting targets with lasers, and thus giving away their own positions,  if they didn't have solid information that there was an asset overhead ready to bring hell fire and damnation down on those targets!

From an ops standpoint - I am bleep proud of them. They kept going until they had nothing left, then kept going some more. The best tradition of the best people.

Not sending in back up was criminal at the best. Traitorous at the worst.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 06:41:07 pm »
From an ops standpoint - I am bleeping proud of them. They kept going until they had nothing left, then kept going some more. The best tradition of the best people.

Not sending in back up was criminal at the best. Traitorous at the worst.

I agree entirely and submit that THEY had good reason to think that the help was there else they would not have exposed their positions!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 06:48:09 pm »
Yet everyone was more interested in covering their ass, following the chain of command and protecting their pension. My CO would be horrified.

We had a little problem over in XXX. His orders were three words: "You still here?" Now that's a man. Put his ass on the line to do what was right. Sod the politicians.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 06:56:28 pm »
Yet everyone was more interested in covering their ass, following the chain of command and protecting their pension. My CO would be horrified.

We had a little problem over in XXX. His orders were three words: "You still here?" Now that's a man. Put his ass on the line to do what was right. Sod the politicians.

To hell with it! I'm going to spell this out so EVERYONE can understand it! When the end came those SEALS, at that very moment, were TALKING TO SOMEONE who was telling them that there was an AC130 overhead ready for action so go ahead an paint the targets! They did and paid with their lives! They were not just left there with their asses hanging out! They were BETRAYED by someone who had the capacity to do that! I strongly suspect the CIA!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2014, 07:02:43 pm »
To hell with it! I'm going to spell this out so EVERYONE can understand it! When the end came those SEALS, at that very moment, were TALKING TO SOMEONE who was telling them that there was an AC130 overhead ready for action so go ahead an paint the targets! They did and paid with their lives! They were not just left there with their asses hanging out! They were BETRAYED by someone who had the capacity to do that! I strongly suspect the CIA!

Agreed. You designate a target, you may as well be wearing a fluorescent sandwich board with a target on it saying "Shoot here."

CIA - possibly. There are rumors about the weapons running, a favored CIA tactic. I don't care. There is one person and one person only who can order a cross border run. Apparently he needed his beauty sleep ahead of a fund raiser.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2014, 07:05:52 pm »

EXACTLY Bigun...EXACTLY!
Support the USO

Offline Relic

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2014, 07:09:58 pm »
Once again the GOP proving there is one party. It is the political elite, and the rest of us.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2014, 07:31:33 pm »
Once again the GOP proving there is one party. It is the political elite, and the rest of us.

Yep...... what does Boehner know and why won't he allow a select committee investigation into this.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 07:35:04 pm »

Yep...... what does Boehner know and why won't he allow a select committee investigation into this.

I'd say that he was briefed on what was going on in Benghazi and HAS to help cover it up!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 07:38:21 pm »
I'd say that he was briefed on what was going on in Benghazi and HAS to help cover it up!

I think the same thing. He's covering his own hind end.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline evadR

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 08:39:28 pm »
I strongly suspect Barack Hussein Obama.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 08:44:37 pm »
Why was there no aircraft carrier in the Med, or even in the Gulf of Sidra??  They sure as hell would have been in a position to help, but the Obama Regime has withdrawn from the World, and taken the carriers with them. 

Such a waste.  Ronald Reagan said Nimitz class carriers do not pay for themselves tied to a pier.  He was exactly right, and that is precisely where our carriers are.

:smokin:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2014, 08:57:03 pm »
I strongly suspect Barack Hussein Obama.

Which is who the CIA works for!

There is something so rotten at the bottom of this that there will be hell to pay if it ever gets out!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline evadR

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2014, 08:57:55 pm »
Why was there no aircraft carrier in the Med, or even in the Gulf of Sidra??  They sure as hell would have been in a position to help, but the Obama Regime has withdrawn from the World, and taken the carriers with them. 

Such a waste.  Ronald Reagan said Nimitz class carriers do not pay for themselves tied to a pier.  He was exactly right, and that is precisely where our carriers are.

:smokin:
Especially since the Obama regime was running guns and ammo for Syrian Rebels. They knew something like this was likely.

Offline evadR

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2014, 08:59:08 pm »
Which is who the CIA works for!

There is something so rotten at the bottom of this that there will be hell to pay if it ever gets out!

As long as there are people still interested in a thing called the "truth", it's possible.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2014, 09:06:10 pm »
Especially since the Obama regime was running guns and ammo for Syrian Rebels. They knew something like this was likely.

Vladimir Putin told Obama through - through a back channel mind you so there are no official communications - that they knew what they were doing out of Benghazi, were going to roll it up, and if they knew what was good for them the had better stay the hell out of the way so they did!

- J. R. R. Tolkien