Author Topic: White House transcript hides Obama’s chattering-class gaffe [VIDEO]  (Read 525 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/11/white-house-transcript-hides-obamas-chattering-class-gaffe/

White House transcript hides Obama’s chattering-class gaffe [VIDEO]

Posted By Neil Munro On 4:28 PM 02/11/2014

White House officials have quietly changed an official transcript to hide President Barack Obama’s embarrassing historical error during his international press conference with French President Francois Hollande.

Obama’s error came when his misnamed Alexis de Tocqueville, a clear-eyed Frenchman who explained the subtle miracle of American culture and democracy in the 1830s. His book is a classic, partly because his insights about Americans’ social equality and civic society have become commonplace among centrists and conservatives.

But Obama called him “Alex” in front of the French and U.S. press, and while facing banks of TV cameras.

The White House’s official transcript, however, hides the presidential error by using the correct name. It now says that Obama declared: “Alexis de Tocqueville — that great son of France who chronicled our American democracy.”

Obama’s error was slight, but badly timed, partly because Obama is holding a state dinner for Hollande tonight.

Also, the error is an embarrassment for a president who claims to have been a constitutional scholar, and a judicious student of American history.

It’s also embarrassing for Obama’s many chattering-class supporters in politics, academia and the media, who have tried to portray Obama as exemplar of what they want to see in a president — a nuanced, reflective and careful thinker
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mountaineer

Re: White House transcript hides Obama’s chattering-class gaffe [VIDEO]
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 11:55:59 pm »
Perhaps he was speaking a foreign language. You know, Austrian.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 12:09:27 am »
Perhaps he was speaking a foreign language. You know, Austrian.

:silly:

Let's see................I learned about Alexis de Tocqueville from a liberal HS AP History teacher.

Some how, Barry missed out on a pretty significant part of his education, wouldn't you say?? 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 12:12:36 am »
:silly:

Let's see................I learned about Alexis de Tocqueville from a liberal HS AP History teacher.

Some how, Barry missed out on a pretty significant part of his education, wouldn't you say??

Let's face it, for all we know he never set foot in a class -
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 12:17:32 am »
He probably has a better grasp on Indonesian history.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 01:22:11 am »
He probably has a better grasp on Indonesian history.

I'm guessing his mama taught him quite a bit about how wonderful the Soviet Union and Red China were, as well......   **nononono*

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 01:46:13 am »
I'm guessing his mama taught him quite a bit about how wonderful the Soviet Union and Red China were, as well......   **nononono*

No doubt! Mama, granddad, grandma, Uncle Frank and a host of others!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 03:23:12 am »
No doubt! Mama, granddad, grandma, Uncle Frank and a host of others!

Yeah............ he had a great upbringing, didn't he?

Groomed to hate the country he's now supposed to be leading........