Author Topic: Tom Brokaw Publicly Reveals Cancer Diagnosis  (Read 356 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Tom Brokaw Publicly Reveals Cancer Diagnosis
« on: February 11, 2014, 11:25:27 pm »
http://www.mediaite.com/online/tom-brokaw-publicly-reveals-cancer-diagnosis/

Tom Brokaw Publicly Reveals Cancer Diagnosis
by Josh Feldman | 6:17 pm, February 11th, 2014

Longtime NBC newsman Tom Brokaw has been diagnosed with cancer. NBC News broke the story earlier tonight, saying that Brokaw revealed the diagnosis in a personal note.

Brokaw was struck with multiple myeloma, and was diagnosed after a visit to the Mayo Clinic last year. So far, the prognosis has been encouraging and Brokaw calls himself “the luckiest guy I know.”

You can read Brokaw’s statement below:

“With the exceptional support of my family, medical team and friends, I am very optimistic about the future and look forward to continuing my life, my work and adventures still to come.”

“I remain the luckiest guy I know.”

“I am very grateful for the interest in my condition but I also hope everyone understands I wish to keep this a private matter.”

Follow Mediaite

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Tom Brokaw Publicly Reveals Cancer Diagnosis
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 01:11:58 am »
He's a dead man walking.  There is no cure for this kind of cancer, only treatment to stave it off as long as possible.

It usually kills within 2-5 years, but some people make it a lot longer.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline olde north church

Re: Tom Brokaw Publicly Reveals Cancer Diagnosis
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 01:15:30 am »
Hope he's got a good plan.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.