Author Topic: Group: Get rid of Speaker Boehner  (Read 2243 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Group: Get rid of Speaker Boehner
« on: February 11, 2014, 06:19:46 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/house-races/198062-senate-conservatives-fund-john-boehner-must-be-replaced

February 11, 2014, 11:07 am
Group: Get rid of Speaker Boehner

By Cameron Joseph

The Senate Conservatives Fund is calling on House Republicans to force out Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), taking aim at Boehner's support of a clean debt-ceiling hike.

"John Boehner must be replaced as Speaker of the House," the group says in an email to supporters.

The group is rallying supporters to the website replacethespeaker.com, looking to pressure House Republicans to vote against Boehner next January. Its goal is to get 15 House Republicans to support the cause, which, if there's no change in the balance of the House, would leave Boehner short of the 218 votes he needs for another term as Speaker.

"Conservatives helped John Boehner become Speaker, but he has ignored us and helped President Obama enact his liberal agenda," the website says. "Instead of using the House majority to stop bad legislation, Speaker Boehner has used it to increase spending, raise the debt limit, increase taxes, pass a bloated farm bill, and fund the implementation of Obamacare. Instead of fighting for conservative principles, Speaker Boehner has repeatedly surrendered to the Democrats."

The Senate Conservatives Fund has long been a thorn in the side of GOP leadership, but its leaders have mostly focused their ire on Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.). The group, run by staffers of former Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.), is backing McConnell's Tea Party primary opponent and a number of Senate challengers.

Establishment Republicans have accused the group of attacking Republican leaders to boost fundraising at the party's expense.

It's the second hardline conservative group to take aim at Boehner in recent weeks: ForAmerica launched a "Dump the Leadership" push last week.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: Group: Get rid of Speaker Boehner
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 06:29:07 pm »
 :hands:
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 07:21:58 pm »
I'm so sick of Boehner I can't describe it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 07:22:53 pm »
I'm so sick of Boehner I can't describe it!

Boehner, Cantor, Priebus, Rove, and now even Issa....... the list is growing.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 07:26:32 pm »
They are scared to death of risk, not wanting to make any waves lest their poll numbers go down for the upcoming midterms.  Unfortunately, after that they will remain in risk averse mode because they'll be worried about 2016.  They are like Lucy holding the football, coaxing the conservatives to trust them and go ahead and kick.  And we are like Charley Brown, never learning the lesson.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 07:29:16 pm »
They are scared to death of risk, not wanting to make any waves lest their poll numbers go down for the upcoming midterms.  Unfortunately, after that they will remain in risk averse mode because they'll be worried about 2016.  They are like Lucy holding the football, coaxing the conservatives to trust them and go ahead and kick.  And we are like Charley Brown, never learning the lesson.

Exactly right!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 07:34:47 pm »
Send me mo money!!!!

Anything for a little fundraising, you know?

This has nothing to do with Boehner and everything to do with keeping those cards and letters coming in.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 07:36:03 pm »
Boehner, Cantor, Priebus, Rove, and now even Issa....... the list is growing.

Not Issa too? What did he do?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 07:38:28 pm »
Send me mo money!!!!

Anything for a little fundraising, you know?

This has nothing to do with Boehner and everything to do with keeping those cards and letters coming in.

This fund usually funds the E. This ain't no tea party branch out trying to get going.

http://www.senateconservatives.com/

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 07:40:05 pm »
This fund usually funds the E. This ain't no tea party branch out trying to get going.

http://www.senateconservatives.com/

Baloney.  This group came into existence to trash Mitch McConnell and other Republican incumbents.  It's as Tea Party as Heritage Action.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 07:40:30 pm »
Not Issa too? What did he do?

He's the main reason Boehner has refused to appoint a select committee to look int Benghazi for starters!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 07:45:18 pm »
Baloney.  This group came into existence to trash Mitch McConnell and other Republican incumbents.  It's as Tea Party as Heritage Action.

It was formed in 2008 by Jim DeMint.  It isn't part of the Tea Party - it's mission is in alignment with Tea Party principles.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 08:01:19 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 08:01:51 pm »

It is a well established group.  Rap just said DeMint started it. DeMint was THE ONLY one at the time back when before he left that told us the truth. I would vote for DeMint as president without hesitation. He is a respectable honorable man.

If The McConnells, McCains, Grahams did not act like democrats we would not even need this group in the first place. McConnell is one of the wolves in sheeps clothing. He and the E can all retire for the good of the country. And Tell Rove to stfu already.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 08:02:43 pm by Gazoo »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2014, 08:14:30 pm »
It is a well established group.  Rap just said DeMint started it. DeMint was THE ONLY one at the time back when before he left that told us the truth. I would vote for DeMint as president without hesitation. He is a respectable honorable man.

If The McConnells, McCains, Grahams did not act like democrats we would not even need this group in the first place. McConnell is one of the wolves in sheeps clothing. He and the E can all retire for the good of the country. And Tell Rove to stfu already.

DeMint's like Palin.  He thinks he wins by quitting.

DeMint's in the fundraising business now.  It just so happens he's raising money from conservatives.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2014, 08:14:53 pm »
It was formed in 2008 by Jim DeMint.  It isn't part of the Tea Party - it's mission is in alignment with Tea Party principles.

A distinction without a difference.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2014, 08:22:31 pm »
Rather than attacking the group, perhaps people should be asking the more relevant question, which is:

How is it that a conservative group can raise gobs and gobs of money from conservative Republicans simply by attacking the Republican Speaker of the House?

If there is an economic vacuum in politics, someone is going to fill it.  It's only natural.  What is far more relevant is that the vacuum exists in the first place.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2014, 08:26:54 pm »
DeMint's like Palin.  He thinks he wins by quitting.

DeMint's in the fundraising business now.  It just so happens he's raising money from conservatives.

He quit because he could no longer stomach what we are all  seeing now regarding the GOP. They all fluffed TARP, they are all democrats, they all lie like hell. DeMint spoke out.

The same ones that ran out West would have eventually gotten DeMint with low-life bully pulpit cheating tactics.

I hope DeMint is doing very well.

http://www.heritage.org/about/staff/d/jim-demint

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2014, 08:30:49 pm »
Rather than attacking the group, perhaps people should be asking the more relevant question, which is:

How is it that a conservative group can raise gobs and gobs of money from conservative Republicans simply by attacking the Republican Speaker of the House?

If there is an economic vacuum in politics, someone is going to fill it.  It's only natural.  What is far more relevant is that the vacuum exists in the first place.

The Tea Party is, and has always been about, being pissed off over ideological purity.  Toe the line or else.

Heritage Action and Club for Growth and others are more than happy to paint a picture of a Tea Party heaven if only they had your small donation of $20.

We're in for another divisive election season in which winnable seats will be lost  so that the "GOPe" can be taught a lesson.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2014, 08:35:26 pm »
He quit because he could no longer stomach what we are all  seeing now regarding the GOP. They all fluffed TARP, they are all democrats, they all lie like hell. DeMint spoke out.

The same ones that ran out West would have eventually gotten DeMint with low-life bully pulpit cheating tactics.

I hope DeMint is doing very well.

http://www.heritage.org/about/staff/d/jim-demint

If that's your attitude, enjoy being in the minority for a very long time......................

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2014, 08:46:25 pm »
The Tea Party is, and has always been about, being pissed off over ideological purity.  Toe the line or else.

Heritage Action and Club for Growth and others are more than happy to paint a picture of a Tea Party heaven if only they had your small donation of $20.

We're in for another divisive election season in which winnable seats will be lost  so that the "GOPe" can be taught a lesson.

Bull Butter! The TEA party has always been about returning to a CONSTITUTIONAL government! They are pissed off  because many GOPe types have been, for years, selling them out at every turn all the while singing "wait till next year"! I'm one of those and not about to take it any more!

And BTW: Your ol buddy Dewhurst is gonna go down in flames AGAIN this year!

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 08:48:33 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2014, 08:48:14 pm »

And yet you seem so unconcerned that there is so much money out there willing to teach them that lesson.  If the market didn't exist, the groups you hate so much wouldn't exist.  You should be asking yourself why the market exists in the first place.