Author Topic: David Bird, Wall Street Journal Reporter, Goes Missing After Reporting for Three Months on Oil Glut in U.S.  (Read 1216 times)

Offline LambChop

However, a careful review by Wall Street On Parade of the articles Bird has written for the Wall Street Journal since last October, shows that what he was regularly reporting on was a supply imbalance caused by overproduction of shale oil in the U.S. in the face of slacking demand.

On October 21, Bird wrote that “U.S. crude-oil futures Monday settled 1.6% lower, dropping to less than $100 a barrel for the first time since July on rising inventories and weak refiner demand. Prices dropped as the Energy Information Administration [EIA] reported U.S. crude-oil stocks rose for a fourth straight week, to the highest level since late June…The sluggish demand from refiners allows crude stocks to climb four-million barrels in the week ended Oct. 11, the EIA said in a report that was delayed from last week due to the government shutdown. That is the latest piece of a four-week build of 18.9 million barrels in stocks that has put pressure on prices, as refiners have lowered crude-oil processing runs by 1.26 million barrels a day since mid September…”

In the same article, Bird quoted Gene McGillian, an analyst at Tradition Energy in Stamford, Connecticut, saying: “We’ve seen 19 million barrels going into storage and that’s added a lot of pressure.”

Bird also connected the Federal Reserve’s bond buying program as “supportive for crude oil and other commodities…” In other words, oil and other commodity prices would no doubt be slumping further were it not for the $85 billion per month cash infusion into markets by the Fed. (The Fed has trimmed that amount by $10 billion beginning this month.)

http://wallstreetonparade.com/2014/01/david-bird-wall-street-journal-reporter-goes-missing-after-reporting-for-three-months-on-oil-glut-in-u-s/

Not sure this is in the correct category.  If not I apologize, please move it.

Really interesting read.

Offline LambChop

We're up to 6 dead bankers now. And the reporter still hasn't been found.

Yet not much is being said about this.

Offline Rapunzel

We're up to 6 dead bankers now. And the reporter still hasn't been found.

Yet not much is being said about this.

I don't think any of this is coincidence.  Spooky is what it is.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline LambChop

I don't think any of this is coincidence.  Spooky is what it is.

I found a piece  *not reputable, so don't know what to believe* that states 20 bankers have turned up dead.  That only the highest level bankers are being reported.  Found another piece *again, not reputable* that states there is a 40 name "dead pool".  That is has something to do with FOREX.

It's very spooky Rap.  Which is why I brought it here, hoping someone would know more

Offline Rapunzel

We've been commenting on the deaths here, but so far none of us have connected any dots. I went and looked at FOREX after reading your post and saw 1) it is at a 3 week high - and then 2) I saw this from Financial Times: - you may be on to something.......

Forex trading benchmarks come under FSB scrutiny

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/38475fb8-95a2-11e3-9fd6-00144feab7de.html#ixzz2tMElGOB5

February 14, 2014 11:38 pm
Forex trading benchmarks come under FSB scrutiny

By Daniel Schäfer

A powerful international regulatory body is reviewing benchmarks used in foreign exchange trading, in the latest fallout from a global investigation into alleged collusion and market manipulation in the $5.3tn a day market.

The Financial Stability Board, which brings together global regulators, has set up a group to assess and propose changes for the benchmark setting processes in foreign exchange.

“The FX Benchmarks Group will undertake a review of FX benchmarks and will analyse market practices in relation to their use and the functioning of the FX market as relevant,” the Swiss-based agency said Friday.

The review adds to an existing mandate given to the FSB by the G20 largest global economies last year to devise a reform of the Libor interbank lending rates. The pricing benchmarks have been hit by a manipulation scandal in recent years, prompting a string of top management departures at banks and a total so far of $6bn in fines paid by lenders and interdealer brokers.

More than a dozen regulators across Europe, the US and Asia are investigating at least 15 banks operating in the foreign exchange market, in probes that have led to the suspension, placing on leave or firing of 21 traders across four continents.

The FSB’s new subgroup on foreign exchange benchmarks will be chaired by Guy Debelle, an assistant governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia and Paul Fisher, executive director for markets at the Bank of England.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline LambChop

If my memory serves me, those who have been reported were all whistle blowers.
And the reporter who is missing was digging in this area.

Something is going on, and we need some really good journalists who have some spine to go digging.

I've also read *again not reliable source* that there's some ties to CIA involved.

I've always laughed at conspiracy theorists, but DAYAM this sure is going down that road.

Offline Rapunzel

If my memory serves me, those who have been reported were all whistle blowers.
And the reporter who is missing was digging in this area.

Something is going on, and we need some really good journalists who have some spine to go digging.

I've also read *again not reliable source* that there's some ties to CIA involved.

I've always laughed at conspiracy theorists, but DAYAM this sure is going down that road.

I wish I could remember exactly what it was I heard this week, but basically our CIA is not exactly under control right now.    Also remember Michael Hastings, the reporter who died in the flaming car crash in Los Angeles last summer?  People who knew said he was working on something explosive (no pun intended)..

http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/14/lawmakers-push-probes-of-two-state-obamacare-exchanges/

http://www.news.com.au/world/reporter-michael-hastings-sent-panicky-email-hours-before-sudden-car-crash-death/story-fndir2ev-1226669297371

Offline Rapunzel

and, Lambchop, you can't totally reject Andrew Breitbart suddenly dropping over dead and the coronor who did his autopsy dying mysteriously right after.......

http://rt.com/usa/coroner-arsenic-death-breitbart-456/

Offline Rapunzel

Very interesting.

Something's going on - and for this many to turn up dead so close together and the media ignore it scares me more than anything.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Very interesting.

Something's going on - and for this many to turn up dead so close together and the media ignore it scares me more than anything.

The media/press no longer speaks truth to power.  They have become the power.  These are terrible times.