Author Topic: Karl Rove hits Rand Paul for Bill Clinton bashing  (Read 1154 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Karl Rove hits Rand Paul for Bill Clinton bashing
« on: February 11, 2014, 03:29:51 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=6C0A9352-06DF-47AA-B571-6E29DB201FFD

Karl Rove hits Rand Paul for Bill Clinton bashing
By: Natalie Villacorta
February 11, 2014 09:41 AM EST

Karl Rove took a shot at Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul on Tuesday for attacking Bill Clinton over his “predatory” behavior toward Monica Lewinsky, saying that it’s not good strategy for running for president.

“Frankly, Rand Paul spending a lot of time talking about the mistakes of Bill Clinton does not look like a big agenda for the future of the country,” Rove said on Fox’s “America’s Newsroom.”

Rove said that candidates for the presidency need to do two things in 2014: make their campaigns about something larger their personal ambitions and strengthen their skills.

“I’m not certain, again, that beating up on Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky is a particularly good thing to strengthen your skills,” Rove said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Karl Rove hits Rand Paul for Bill Clinton bashing
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 03:41:57 pm »
It IS stupid, but it appeals to a certain segment of the Republican party.  He's laying down markers.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 04:14:51 pm »
That's the second attack I've seen recently on Rand Paul's comments - ouch!  They must be hitting the target - Rand Paul's taking some flak.

Keep it up Rand!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 04:54:14 pm »
That's the second attack I've seen recently on Rand Paul's comments - ouch!  They must be hitting the target - Rand Paul's taking some flak.

Keep it up Rand!

Both Clintons are scum, and we said so for years. Now that Rand has said it publicly, Rove acts all holier than thou. Karl sits around with his tablet, while the others do the heavy lifting.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 05:43:33 pm »
Rand Paul says:

spade

/spād/

noun

1. a tool with a sharp-edged, typically rectangular, metal blade and a long handle, used for digging or cutting earth, sand, turf, etc.

Carl Rove says:

Shhhhh! It's an ex president.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 05:57:15 pm »
Karl Rove is past his expiration date when it comes to predicting politics.
He's in the same category as Dick Morris.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline happyg

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 06:00:32 pm »
Karl Rove is past his expiration date when it comes to predicting politics.
He's in the same category as Dick Morris.

:amen: I wish Fox would figure that out.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 06:04:16 pm »
Both Clintons are scum, and we said so for years. Now that Rand has said it publicly, Rove acts all holier than thou. Karl sits around with his tablet, while the others do the heavy lifting.

Most Americans don't have that opinion of the Clintons, especially Bill.  Going back and revisiting an episode that hurt the Republicans in 1998 arouses those who are still upset about him.  In that regard, Paul is smart.

But, most people no longer care what Bill Clinton did.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 06:05:20 pm »
:amen: I wish Fox would figure that out.
Fox has figured out that Karl Rove adds to its political commentary.  That's why he's on the network and why he'll stay on the network.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 07:15:25 pm »

Keep it up Rand!

Well.......... knowing the last people Rove wants to represent in 2016 is either Rand Paul or Ted Cruz this attack from Rove doesn't surprise me in the least. 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 07:20:01 pm »
Well.......... knowing the last people Rove wants to represent in 2016 is either Rand Paul or Ted Cruz this attack from Rove doesn't surprise me in the least.

Karl Rove and sinkspur are one in the same me thinks! If not, they sure are singing of the same sheet of music!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 07:21:23 pm »
I think Rand's move is well calculated.  Hillary's support among women needs to be softened up, and Bill's philandering is her soft underbelly.

I am also of the belief that exposing the truth is rarely a bad strategy, particularly when a candidate is an underdog like Paul.  Polls and poll calculating are for GOPe types who can outspend the authentic conservatives.  The best strategy for the latter is simply to remain authentic and take the flak that goes along with it.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 07:24:54 pm »
I think Rand's move is well calculated.  Hillary's support among women needs to be softened up, and Bill's philandering is her soft underbelly.

I am also of the belief that exposing the truth is rarely a bad strategy, particularly when a candidate is an underdog like Paul.  Polls and poll calculating are for GOPe types who can outspend the authentic conservatives.  The best strategy for the latter is simply to remain authentic and take the flak that goes along with it.

This is true and the info which came out yesterday about Hillary and Bill's affairs - basically saying she knew and she just shrugged it off - isn't going to play well with a lot of women... One thing we don't "shrug off" is our husbands cheating - much less being serial cheaters  - unless you are simply staying with them for the power (aka Kennedy women).....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 07:30:37 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 07:33:54 pm »
This is true and the info which came out yesterday about Hillary and Bill's affairs - basically saying she knew and she just shrugged it off - isn't going to play well with a lot of women... One thing we don't "shrug off" is our husbands cheating - much less being serial cheaters  - unless you are simply staying with them for the power (aka Kennedy women).....

We have known for a long time that when it comes to Bill's cheating and predatory inclinations, there is a potential tsunami out there.  I think Rand Paul knows that as well, so he is getting in front of the story, positioning himself as the woman's advocate in the event some big story breaks.  This is the kind of thing a candidate without big money has to do to break through the media clutter.  If it wasn't a smart move, Rove wouldn't have said squat about it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 07:38:39 pm »

Did you write that with a straight face?  The biggest supporters of Hillary Clinton are single, liberal and independent women. 

Making Bill Clinton an issue in 2016 makes about as much sense as making Rand's nutty daddy the issue if he's the nominee.

Offline happyg

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2014, 07:43:27 pm »
Did you write that with a straight face?  The biggest supporters of Hillary Clinton are single, liberal and independent women. 

Making Bill Clinton an issue in 2016 makes about as much sense as making Rand's nutty daddy the issue if he's the nominee.

Independent and liberal is an oxymoron. If they were independent, they wouldn't demand the government cater to their whims. Besides, there is a difference between a spouse and a parent. We can't help who are parents are, but have a choice with spouses.
Hillary might be in for a big surprise if she runs, which I doubt she will.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2014, 07:47:17 pm »
Hmmm I am a woman and I'm now a registered INDEPENDENT and I can't stand either Clinton.  I won't vote for a GOPe candidate anymore than I will vote for Clinton.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2014, 07:57:28 pm »

Why would Rand Paul want to tailor his message to single, liberal women?  Perhaps you can enlighten us as to which of the GOP candidates is going to be successful in wresting these women from Hillary?  Paul's message is clearly meant to resonate with married GOP women with children, who he will need to capture the nomination, and who he must hold in order to beat Hillary.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2014, 08:02:43 pm »
Why would Rand Paul want to tailor his message to single, liberal women?  Perhaps you can enlighten us as to which of the GOP candidates is going to be successful in wresting these women from Hillary?  Paul's message is clearly meant to resonate with married GOP women with children, who he will need to capture the nomination, and who he must hold in order to beat Hillary.

He will need at least some independent women if he expects to get elected.   He won't get liberal women, of course.

I guess I just don't get how making Bill Clinton an issue is going to help defeat Hillary.  When Bill Clinton WAS an issue in 1998, the GOP lost seats in the House.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2014, 08:09:17 pm »
He will need at least some independent women if he expects to get elected.   He won't get liberal women, of course.

I guess I just don't get how making Bill Clinton an issue is going to help defeat Hillary.  When Bill Clinton WAS an issue in 1998, the GOP lost seats in the House.

I don't think Bill Clinton's sexuality is an issue unless there is something new that exposes what a ruse Hillary's marriage is.  Paul is simply making the calculation that more will be revealed.  If something does come out, Paul looks brilliant, and if nothing surfaces the statement will be long forgotten by the time anything matters.  In the meantime, he's in the news in a way that gives red meat to social conservatives, and the MSM are spelling his name right.  The fact that Karl Rove is calling him out is an added bonus.  It's a win for him. 

Offline Carling

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2014, 09:07:02 pm »
It IS stupid, but it appeals to a certain segment of the Republican party.  He's laying down markers.

It's red meat for the voters he needs to attract in primaries.  Not a bad strategy, looking at it that way.  It won't work in a general election, but I can see the benefits of bring up Clinton's lechery at this point.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------