Author Topic: State dinner menu, guests unveiled  (Read 754 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
State dinner menu, guests unveiled
« on: February 11, 2014, 01:56:37 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/02/francois-hollande-state-dinner-menu-103339.html?hp=r9

State dinner menu, guests unveiled
By: Lucy McCalmont
February 10, 2014 05:11 PM EST

Joining the president, the first lady and French President François Hollande during Tuesday’s state dinner will be musician Mary J. Blige.

The White House confirmed the singer’s scheduled performance during a walk-through of the event Monday. Blige has been a vocal supporter of President Barack Obama and performed at the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C., and was last reportedly seen at the White House as part of First Lady Michelle Obama’s 50th birthday celebration last month.

And while the Obamas might be hosting the French president, they will be saying “bon appétit” to what is a traditionally American menu during the state dinner.

The event, to be held in a tent on the South Lawn, according to a menu provided by the White House, “celebrates the best of American cuisine.”

Highlighting food from across the country, menu items include a first course of American Osetra Caviar from Illinois, quail eggs from Pennsylvania and 12 varieties of potatoes from farms in New York, Idaho and California. For the salad course, the White House details a Winter Garden Salad that “pays tribute to The First Lady’s White House Kitchen Garden.”

The main course is a dry-aged rib eye beef from a family-owned farm in Colorado that will be served with Jasper Hill Farm Blue Cheese crisp from Vermont.

Finishing the meal are a selection of sweets. There will be a chocolate malted cake that combines bittersweet chocolate from Hawaii and tangerines from Florida and will be served with vanilla ice cream from Pennsylvania. Additionally, the menu boasts fudge made from Vermont maple syrup, lavender shortbread cookies and cotton candy dusted with orange zest.

A selection of wines priced between $30 to $65 will be offered from California, Washington and Monticello, Va., which both Obama and Hollande visited Monday.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: State dinner menu, guests unveiled
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 02:07:58 pm »
Will they move the dogs out of the way first?

Story here.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 02:12:04 pm »

Story here.

Please tell me that is a hoax!
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 02:19:05 pm »
No joke. The Mooch thought it was cute. Related thread

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 02:20:23 pm »
I'm surprised. It looks like a rather nice menu.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 02:44:26 pm »
I'm surprised. It looks like a rather nice menu.

Well now sure it is.  Don't you know that all Americans eat like this all the time?? 

Reinforces the point that these people are capable of anything.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 02:51:59 pm »
I have no problem with the menu, just the pretentiousness of some of the descriptions.
For the salad course, the White House details a Winter Garden Salad that “pays tribute to The First Lady’s White House Kitchen Garden.”
Really? Mixed greens somehow pay tribute to a garden that the Mooch has nothing to do with (and has park service personnel actually plant and tend)?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 02:54:17 pm »
Well now sure it is.  Don't you know that all Americans eat like this all the time?? 

Reinforces the point that these people are capable of anything.

:tongue2:

You cook way better than that, from what I recall - figure you'd call that menu a scratch meal! Though Idaho potatoes are to die for, totally lovely. We have nothing like them here. Well, Pink Fir Apple spuds are close, but not the same.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 02:56:02 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 03:04:40 pm »
For the salad course, the White House details a Winter Garden Salad that “pays tribute to The First Lady’s White House Kitchen Garden.”

TOGGLE/DICTIONAZI/ON/EXECUTE

Someone please explain to me how vegetables "pay tribute" to anything?? Really, who writes this stuff anyway...??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhIFwpo3kD0

:beer:

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 03:53:20 pm »

Story here.

As the story reads... Nancy Reagan was made fun of for purchasing new China but during the Obamadepression this is perfectly fine.

It is sickening.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline happyg

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 03:59:33 pm »
As the story reads... Nancy Reagan was made fun of for purchasing new China but during the Obamadepression this is perfectly fine.

It is sickening.

The media was all over Nancy, and failed to mention the China was paid for with private donations. I remember that story, but there was no Internet to call the media on the bogus story.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 10:06:49 pm »
I have no problem with the menu, just the pretentiousness of some of the descriptions. Really? Mixed greens somehow pay tribute to a garden that the Mooch has nothing to do with (and has park service personnel actually plant and tend)?

I thought the whole thing rotted during the government shutdown.......      :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 11:34:52 pm »
I thought the whole thing rotted during the government shutdown.......      :smokin:

Even before the gov shut down wasn't her garden reported to be toxic? I guess they cleaned it up with NON EPA restricted lol yeah right chemicals.

http://www.prwatch.org/news/2010/03/8982/toxic-sludge-taints-white-house