Author Topic: Horrifying Video: Cop Shoots Man’s Service Dog During His 9-Year-Old Son’s Birthday Party  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02/11/horrifying-video-cop-shoots-mans-service-dog-during-his-9-year-old-sons-birthday-party/

Horrifying Video: Cop Shoots Man’s Service Dog During His 9-Year-Old Son’s Birthday Party
Feb. 11, 2014 12:35am Jason Howerton   

As a 9-year-old boy’s birthday party was winding down at an Idaho home on Saturday, a police officer fatally shot a service dog belonging to the boy’s father.

At around 5:30 p.m., the officer was responded to complaints of dogs on the loose, which is what he found when he arrived.

Officer Tarek Hassani, of the Filer Police Department, is seen on footage captured by his vehicle’s dashcam kicking and yelling at the barking dogs as he attempted to make his way to the front door. When one of the dogs attempted to move around him, the officer shot the 7-year-old black labrador, named “Hooch,” at point-blank range.

Screengrab via the Times-News

While the police claim the dog was overly aggressive and needed to be put down, the dog’s owner, Rick Clubb, is alleging that the officer was far too trigger happy. Clubb told the Times-News that Hooch was his trained service animal as he suffers from Parkinson’s disease.

“He didn’t have to pull out his .45 and shoot my dog,” he said, also expressing concern that the shooting occurred right outside his son’s bedroom window.

Watch the video below, but we warned the content is extremely graphic and disturbing:

Filer Police Chief Tim Reeves said a chihuahua and two large dogs were running around unleashed in the neighborhood when officer Hassani arrived on the scene. The police chief said his officer had no choice but to put the lab down due to the animal’s aggressive behavior.

Following the shooting death of his dog, Clubb was given a ticket for allowing his animals to run around unleashed. The ticket reportedly led to a heated exchange between Clubb and Hassani.

“Well, my dog is dead. I don’t think that’s fair,” Clubb said.

The father said he plans to fight the ticket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCKO7xi8ZeY
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline raml

This would not have happened if the dog hadn't been loose. The owner needs to take most of the responsibility. You have no case when you allow a dog to be loose since a cop can not tell what a dog might do and he shouldn't have to worry about being bitten. Putting this video out there is a doing a disservice to this cop and trying to make the owner a victim. I love animals and I can't remember ever a time my dogs got loose and were a menace to anyone mine were trained and never went out the front door only the back where the yard was fenced. I have owned large dogs medium sized dogs and little dogs all were never allowed loose in the neighborhood. I bred German Shepherds they never got loose either and they never hurt anyone ever the local police use to buy most of my litters that I sold to be trained for police dogs. They were champion dogs and trained very well all my pups came house broken too. Like I said I love dogs and make sure they don't ever have to be put down due to my irresponsibility

Offline R4 TrumPence

Muslims hate dogs!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Charlespg

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02/11/horrifying-video-cop-shoots-mans-service-dog-during-his-9-year-old-sons-birthday-party/

Horrifying Video: Cop Shoots Man’s Service Dog During His 9-Year-Old Son’s Birthday Party
Feb. 11, 2014 12:35am Jason Howerton   

As a 9-year-old boy’s birthday party was winding down at an Idaho home on Saturday, a police officer fatally shot a service dog belonging to the boy’s father.

At around 5:30 p.m., the officer was responded to complaints of dogs on the loose, which is what he found when he arrived.

Officer Tarek Hassani, of the Filer Police Department, is seen on footage captured by his vehicle’s dashcam kicking and yelling at the barking dogs as he attempted to make his way to the front door. When one of the dogs attempted to move around him, the officer shot the 7-year-old black labrador, named “Hooch,” at point-blank range.

Screengrab via the Times-News

While the police claim the dog was overly aggressive and needed to be put down, the dog’s owner, Rick Clubb, is alleging that the officer was far too trigger happy. Clubb told the Times-News that Hooch was his trained service animal as he suffers from Parkinson’s disease.

“He didn’t have to pull out his .45 and shoot my dog,” he said, also expressing concern that the shooting occurred right outside his son’s bedroom window.

Watch the video below, but we warned the content is extremely graphic and disturbing:

Filer Police Chief Tim Reeves said a chihuahua and two large dogs were running around unleashed in the neighborhood when officer Hassani arrived on the scene. The police chief said his officer had no choice but to put the lab down due to the animal’s aggressive behavior.

Following the shooting death of his dog, Clubb was given a ticket for allowing his animals to run around unleashed. The ticket reportedly led to a heated exchange between Clubb and Hassani.

“Well, my dog is dead. I don’t think that’s fair,” Clubb said.

The father said he plans to fight the ticket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCKO7xi8ZeY
if this were my dog this cop would be dead
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline happyg

The cop sounds like he's paranoid from being bitten before, and over-reacted out of fear of dogs. The neighbors, who probably know the dogs, and know the dogs aren't dangerous, should have contacted the owners or the dog warden, not the cops. I didn't see what the cop said happened, but realize his fear. I don't understand why cops need to shoot to kill dogs. How about just scaring them or even using the taser? Too many good dogs are being shot when there are alternatives.

Offline olde north church

Sounds like a chickenshit hiding behind a badge.  Makes 0bummer look like a he man.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline xfreeper

Letting your animals run at large in the neighborhood is irresponsible, inconsiderate and will result in not good things happening. This is one possibility. With that said, shooting someones dog on it's own property is hard to justify. If you are so dam scared, leave. Don't cops carry pepper spray? I think it all comes down to why did he shoot the dog? Because he can. I can't say I saw a level of agressiveness that would justify shooting it

Offline sinkspur

There is no situation that cannot be made worse with the addition of a police officer.

Never, EVER call the cops if you can handle things yourself.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline xfreeper

It actually looks like the COP is instigating the dogs by his own actions. The only question I would have is if it is intentional or just plain stupidity

Offline happyg

It actually looks like the COP is instigating the dogs by his own actions. The only question I would have is if it is intentional or just plain stupidity

Both! He could have gotten back in his car and asked for the Humane Society or backup. It was obvious both dogs are house pets, so the chance of getting bitten is almost nil. Dogs should never be allowed to roam, but a smart dog finds ways to slip out. I've seen them climb chain linked fences and dig holes deep enough under fences to bury a body.  This cop made no attempts to soothe the dogs. What did he expect? A warm greeting?

Offline sinkspur

Both! He could have gotten back in his car and asked for the Humane Society or backup. It was obvious both dogs are house pets, so the chance of getting bitten is almost nil. Dogs should never be allowed to roam, but a smart dog finds ways to slip out. I've seen them climb chain linked fences and dig holes deep enough under fences to bury a body.  This cop made no attempts to soothe the dogs. What did he expect? A warm greeting?

Cops have guns, and they seem to be looking for more ways to make damned sure we KNOW they have guns!!!

Offline Rapunzel

Cops have guns, and they seem to be looking for more ways to make damned sure we KNOW they have guns!!!

Last week two retired police officers - one from Indiana and one from Maine both called into the Glenn Beck program to say one reason they retired is the new crop of cops are out of control and they are out of control because they are all being sent to some sort of training facilities run by HLS which is encouraging this sort of behavior.  Both officers who didn't know one another and over a thousand miles apart had almost identical stories to tell and it's scary to hear.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Charlespg

Last week two retired police officers - one from Indiana and one from Maine both called into the Glenn Beck program to say one reason they retired is the new crop of cops are out of control and they are out of control because they are all being sent to some sort of training facilities run by HLS which is encouraging this sort of behavior.  Both officers who didn't know one another and over a thousand miles apart had almost identical stories to tell and it's scary to hear.
HLS?

Offline xfreeper

dhs i would imagine

Offline sinkspur

dhs i would imagine

DHS doesn't train local police.  Most large cities have their own academies, run by officers from their own departments.

The fact of the matter is most departments have to set a lower bar educationally to attract enough candidates.  I'd imagine some psychologically questionable people are getting through too.

Offline mountaineer

Even small town police departments get big bucks - in the form of vehicles, boats, computer equipment and the like - from Department of Homeland Security, so it wouldn't surprise me that one of the conditions is that officers have to go for federal indoctrination.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Charlespg

I don't understand why cops need to shoot to kill dogs. How about just scaring them or even using the taser? Too many good dogs are being shot when there are alternatives.

Offline sinkspur

Even small town police departments get big bucks - in the form of vehicles, boats, computer equipment and the like - from Department of Homeland Security, so it wouldn't surprise me that one of the conditions is that officers have to go for federal indoctrination.

I have two very close relatives who are cops in suburban departments and they get no federal dollars, equipment, or training. 

Offline happyg

My mailman carries dog biscuits with him, and has never had a problem with dogs.

Offline mountaineer

I have two very close relatives who are cops in suburban departments and they get no federal dollars, equipment, or training.
That's surprising. Several departments in our area - all small towns under 20,000 in population -  have received a great deal of equipment from the DHS.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

That's surprising. Several departments in our area - all small towns under 20,000 in population -  have received a great deal of equipment from the DHS.

Yep.. even our local department and our town is a population of 50,000 and low crime... 

Offline happyg

Towns say 'no tanks' to militarized police

Authorities want the armored trucks the Pentagon is giving away, but some pockets of the country see the machines as symbols of government waste.

Jennifer Levitz, The Wall Street Journal

Residents in some towns have begun standing up to the large armored vehicles that local police departments are receiving from the federal government.

Six-figure grants from the Department of Homeland Security have been funding BearCats and other heavily fortified vehicles in towns and cities nationwide since soon after the 2001 terrorist attacks.

Beginning last summer, the government also has handed out 200 surplus vehicles built to withstand mines and bombs in Iraq and Afghanistan, and is considering requests from 750 more communities.

Most police and citizens welcome the extra protection, saying recent mass shootings show any local force could find itself facing an extremely violent or dangerous situation. But antipathy has grown in some pockets of the country -- from New York to Ohio to California -- which see the machines as symbols of government waste and a militarization of law enforcement, including the growth of SWAT teams and high-tech gadgets in recent decades.

In libertarian-leaning New Hampshire, a state lawmaker just introduced a bill that would ban municipalities from accepting military-style vehicles without approval from voters. That came in response to the Concord City Council's vote in the fall to accept a $258,000 federal grant to buy a BearCat, despite intense opposition from citizens who submitted a 1,500-signature petition and rallied outside City Hall holding signs that said, "More Mayberry, Less Fallujah" and "Thanks But No Tanks!"

"This seems over the top and unnecessary to have this level of armament," said the bill's sponsor, Republican state Rep. J.R. Hoell. He said police in 11 communities in New Hampshire now have armored vehicles.

The Facebook (FB +2.05%) page of the Salinas, Calif., police department drew torrents of complaints after the force recently got an armored vehicle from the military surplus program.

"When did Salinas turn into a battlefield?" a citizen wrote in December. "I feel the Constitution shredding under my feet."

Peter Kraska, a professor in the School of Justice Studies at Eastern Kentucky University, believes recent revelations about federal surveillance programs are helping drive the discomfort with outfitting police departments like the military.

More at link:
http://money.msn.com/investing/post--towns-say-no-tanks-to-militarized-police

Offline Rapunzel

Golly gee.......... not training local police, eh.........

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=129538.new#new