Author Topic: Kansas Senator Pat Roberts Does Not Live In Kansas  (Read 433 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Kansas Senator Pat Roberts Does Not Live In Kansas
« on: February 10, 2014, 09:54:12 PM »

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Kansas Senator Pat Roberts Does Not Live In Kansas
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 09:55:06 PM »
Yep.......... you're really going to work really, really hard for people in a state you don't even live in...... of course when the Chamber is bankrolling you guess it doesn't matter. Once again the 17th fails this country,.

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 11:10:56 PM »
This is an utterly stupid story.

With respect to the nonsense (to put it nicely) about the address to which the tax bills were sent:  where else would you expect them to be sent?  To the house itself, where the tenant might misplace the bills or forget to send them on?  Only a stupid idiot would continue to have those bills sent to a house he didn't occupy, and only a stupider stupid idiot would think that was really some sort of nefarious indication that he really wasn't fit to be a Senator from Kansas.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 08:14:27 AM »
I'd wager that a very large number of members of Congress don't live in their states or districts.  Dick Gephardt, as I recall, listed some old run-down house belonging to his mother in South St. Louis as his home address. He never lived there. Does John D. Rockefeller IV live in W.Va.? No way, not since he was governor.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Currently Thinking of a Clever Avatar
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 08:34:24 AM »
I'd wager that a very large number of members of Congress don't live in their states or districts.  Dick Gephardt, as I recall, listed some old run-down house belonging to his mother in South St. Louis as his home address. He never lived there. Does John D. Rockefeller IV live in W.Va.? No way, not since he was governor.
And let us not forget Dick Luger, who rightfully lost his primary last cycle over a very similar situation.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 02:22:00 PM »
And let us not forget Dick Luger, who rightfully lost his primary last cycle over a very similar situation.

This is suddenly becoming enough of an issue Claire McCaskill just sold her townhouse in DC.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf