Author Topic: Joe Scarborough believed to be taking idea of 2016 presidential bid seriously  (Read 799 times)

Offline happyg

Alex Pappas

Sources close to MSNBC host Joe Scarborough think he is seriously considering the prospect of leaving morning television to run for president in 2016.

Last week, Scarborough was all smiles — even letting out a laugh — on “Morning Joe” when Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol suggested on the air that Scarborough could represent the “Jon Huntsman lane” in a 2016 GOP primary. (RELATED: Kristol to Scarborough: You’ll run in 2016 to ‘fill the Jon Huntsman lane’)

But behind the scenes, those who know Scarborough are not laughing.

It’s widely believed at MSNBC — including among network brass — that Scarborough is actively mulling a presidential bid, sources said.

Meanwhile, some of Scarborough’s guests are beginning to talk him up as a possible candidate. Mark McKinnon — the former adviser to George W. Bush and John McCain who co-founded the group No Labels and appears on Morning Joe regularly — said he has talked about the prospect of a White House campaign with Scarborough “ever since we first met years ago, but always in the abstract.”

“On paper, he’s a great candidate,” McKinnon told The Daily Caller. “He has the kind of confidence, ideas and media savvy required to make it on the big stage. And he’d be a lot of fun to watch because he wouldn’t be afraid to mix it up with anybody on any topic. I think it would be highly entertaining and good for the party.”

Added McKinnon: “I think Joe looks at the potential field and thinks, ‘I could compete.’ And I think there are potential donors and supporters who think the same thing.”

Another Scarborough friend — a Republican who has appeared as a guest on Morning Joe many times — said the notion of a 2016 campaign is no joke: “I definitely wouldn’t fall in the laughing category.”

More at link:

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/10/joe-scarborough-believed-to-be-taking-idea-of-2016-presidential-bid-seriously/#ixzz2swZJoRd9

Offline olde north church

sigh

:shrug:
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Relic

I've heard, but don't know the details, that it's financially lucrative to run for president, even if you don't have an ice cube's chance.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

This is as much of a joke as Trump running.

What would people say if Rudy ran for POTUS 2016?

Or Jon Voight?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Scarborough is studying the careers of Pat Buchanan, Mike Huckabee, Donald Trump, Newt Gingrich, Sarah Palin and thinks he may have discovered how to get a promotion and raise from the dregs of MSNBC:

Become a perpetual possible "candidate"

The term "low information" has origins,  with people unable to realize the boundaries of politics and entertainment.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline xfreeper

This could possibly disrupt ralph naders plans

Offline mountaineer

The word "delusional" comes to mind ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
we're a hop and a skip away from President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho, aren't we?

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Relic

we're a hop and a skip away from President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho, aren't we?

Idiocracy is disturbingly prophetic.

Should be required viewing.  Some would get it.  Hopefully enough to make a difference.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Should be required viewing.  Some would get it.  Hopefully enough to make a difference.

If you have a few minutes, this is the story that the movie was (loosely) based on.

http://mysite.du.edu/~treddell/3780/Kornbluth_The-Marching-Morons.pdf
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
If you have a few minutes, this is the story that the movie was (loosely) based on.

It's been many years. Is this the movie where the guy says water the crops and he is said to be so SMART he is elected President?

Yes, we are headed there.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

thanks, I'll check it out

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
It's been many years. Is this the movie where the guy says water the crops and he is said to be so SMART he is elected President?

Yes, we are headed there.

In the movie, the crops are dying because the government gave a contract to an energy drink company to water the crops with their drink.

The short story is quite different, but based on the same premise.

This is from the movie.

Narrator: As the 21st century began, human evolution was at a turning point. Natural selection, the process by which the strongest, the smartest, the fastest, reproduced in greater numbers than the rest, a process which had once favored the noblest traits of man, now began to favor different traits. Most science fiction of the day predicted a future that was more civilized and more intelligent. But as time went on, things seemed to be heading in the opposite direction. A dumbing down. How did this happen? Evolution does not necessarily reward intelligence. With no natural predators to thin the herd, it began to simply reward those who reproduced the most, and left the intelligent to become an endangered species.

Offline xfreeper

he can select gary condit as his running mate

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :bigsilly:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

i didn't want to go there ....

Offline xfreeper

i didn't want to go there ....

that's what you have us for........