Author Topic: Suicide Bomb Instructor Accidentally Kills Iraqi Pupils  (Read 874 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Suicide Bomb Instructor Accidentally Kills Iraqi Pupils
« on: February 10, 2014, 05:13:07 pm »
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/11/world/middleeast/suicide-bomb-instructor-accidentally-kills-iraqi-pupils.html?_r=0

Suicide Bomb Instructor Accidentally Kills Iraqi Pupils

By DURAID ADNANFEB. 10, 2014

BAGHDAD — A group of Sunni militants attending a suicide bombing training class at a camp north of Baghdad were killed on Monday when their commander unwittingly conducted a demonstration with a belt that was packed with explosives, army and police officials said.

The militants belonged to a group known as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, or ISIS, which is fighting the Shiite-dominated army of the Iraqi government, mostly in Anbar Province. But they are also linked to bomb attacks elsewhere and other fighting that has thrown Iraq deeper into sectarian violence.

Twenty-two ISIS members were killed, and 15 were wounded, in the explosion at the camp, which is in a farming area in the northeastern province of Samara, according to the police and army officials. Stores of other explosive devices and heavy weapons were also kept there, the officials said.

Eight militants were arrested when they tried to escape, the officials said.

The militant who was conducting the training was not identified by name, but he was described by an Iraqi Army officer as a prolific recruiter who was “able to kill the bad guys for once.”

ISIS militants drove into Falluja and the nearby city of Ramadi, both in Anbar Province, earlier this year with heavy weaponry, taking control of key intersections and offices of local authorities.

Local security forces and tribes have since re-established control in Ramadi.

But Iraq is developing a plan, with help from the United States, that would have Sunni tribes take the lead in ending the standoff with ISIS in Falluja, with the Iraqi Army in support, a senior State Department official told Congress last week.

The official, Brett McGurk, said that ISIS had about 2,000 fighters in Iraq, and that its longer-term objective is to establish a base of operations in Baghdad, led by Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who has been officially designated as a global terrorist by the State Department.

In other violence in Iraq, a roadside bomb detonated in the northern city of Mosul alongside the convoy of the speaker of Parliament, the Sunni leader Osama al-Nujaifi, security officials said. Six of his guards were wounded, but Mr. Nujaifi was unharmed, they said.

In Baghdad, a doctor was found dead with bullet wounds in his head and chest two days after he was kidnapped from his house, medical officials said.

In the Baya district of southwestern Baghdad, a bomb left near a cafe killed four people and wounded 11, according to a police official.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Suicide Bomb Instructor Accidentally Kills Iraqi Pupils
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 05:31:34 pm »
DANG I hate it when that happens! NOT!!!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 05:33:13 pm »
DANG I hate it when that happens! NOT!!!

Yeah I'm all broke up too..... :silly:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 05:40:09 pm »
I'm so very broken up about this I may have to bake a cake.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 05:55:38 pm »
Shouldn't there be a comment about 72 virgins somewhere in this article??   :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline LambChop

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 06:23:58 pm »
Jeff Dunham and his puppet Achmed the dead terrorist come to mind.

LALALALALALALALA   BOOM!

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 06:31:46 pm »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline LambChop

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 06:32:50 pm »
Shouldn't there be a comment about 72 virgins somewhere in this article??   :smokin:

We all know God has a sense of humor  *platypus*
And sometimes it's a cruel sense of humor.
My hope is those virgins turn out to be 72 really ugly men.  That oughta teach 'em :silly:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 01:02:36 am »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 01:06:31 am »
Just an Al-Qaeda workplace accident.

Or is it Premature Jihadation?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 01:07:21 am by Atomic Cow »
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 01:39:12 am »
Kudos to the instructor!

They blowed up real good!

(And, no -- I don't give a damn...)

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 03:28:32 am »
Just an Al-Qaeda workplace accident.

Or is it Premature Jihadation?