Author Topic: Shock poll: Hillary Clinton would beat Sarah Palin 44%-43% in Alaska By Paul Bedard  (Read 1678 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://washingtonexaminer.com/shock-poll-hillary-clinton-would-beat-sarah-palin-44-43-in-alaska/article/2543710

Shock poll: Hillary Clinton would beat Sarah Palin 44%-43% in Alaska
By Paul Bedard | FEBRUARY 9, 2014 AT 1:08 PM

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's long fall in popularity back home has hit a new low, one that could spell an end to the buzz she's considering a presidential bid in 2016.

In a new poll, she would lose a head-to-head contest with Democrat Hillary Clinton, 44 percent to 43 percent.

Worse, she doesn't even lead among those considering a GOP primary bid. Sen. Rand Paul is tops among Alaska Republicans at 15 percent followed by Palin, who is tied with Sen. Ted Cruz at 13 percent; Jeb Bush at 12 percent, Mike Huckabee, 11 percent; New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, 6 percent; Sen. Marco Rubio, 6 percent; and a tie at 4 percent for Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and Rep. Paul Ryan.

In the new PPP poll, it is clear that the state remains in the Tea Party camp with Cruz, Paul and Huckabee staying popular. But to come in second in a GOP matchup is a blow to Palin, the darling of that movement and a politician who has done much to propel other Tea Party candidates to victory.

To add insult to injury, PPP found that among GOP voters in her home state, just 28 think she should run for president. Some 62 percent want the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee to sit out the race.

The poll from the Democratic firm found that Bush is the state’s pick to run against Clinton. In a Bush-Clinton matchup, Bush wins 47 percent to 39 percent. Paul, Christie and Huckabee would also beat Clinton. "Palin does worse in her home state than any of the other potential Republican candidates we tested," said PPP.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
The poll from the Democratic firm found that Bush is the state’s pick to run against Clinton. In a Bush-Clinton matchup, Bush wins 47 percent to 39 percent. Paul, Christie and Huckabee would also beat Clinton.

Here we go with the JEB push.

No More ' s

Or corrupt fostercide Clintons!
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
We must ignore the polls from here on out.  They will be totally manufactured and to put any faith in these polls will be suicide for us.  The Dems are choosing our candidate again and WE MUST NOT LET THEM!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
In the new PPP poll
Gee, why am I not surprised? I guessed the pollster before even opening the article.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Wow. Seriously guys. The Left is just absolutely ga-ga 'obsessed' with Sarah Palin. I've never seen anything like this in my life. Who is she? What did she ever do to warrant this kind of scrutiny? A foreigner must think Sarah Palin is the most powerful woman in the country.

Everything with the Left has something to do with her, and she's a private citizen now. She is not even running for anything. I simply do not understand. It is like they hate her because she is. Her very existence drives them crazy.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sinkspur

We must ignore the polls from here on out.  They will be totally manufactured and to put any faith in these polls will be suicide for us.  The Dems are choosing our candidate again and WE MUST NOT LET THEM!

Ignore polls like the GOP did in 2012?  You mean like that?

We ignore polls at our peril.  The next GOP presidential candidate will be chosen by Republicans who don't read any of this stuff on this website or any other conservative website.  They go with name recognition, and, right now, Jeb is at the top of the list.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Ignore polls like the GOP did in 2012?  You mean like that?

We ignore polls at our peril.  The next GOP presidential candidate will be chosen by Republicans who don't read any of this stuff on this website or any other conservative website.  They go with name recognition, and, right now, Jeb is at the top of the list.

Okay, I am really frightened. I agree with Sink.

I don't like it but it is true. If a tea party candidate like Cruz or Rand gets the nomination all may be well in the world. If some other Jeb Busher does and mister and mrs. independent and far right conservative stays home. We get President Pantsuits. The schism of the GOP must have a line drawn clearly at midterms, if not, then we will schism in  for the full win: Pantsuits or some other progressive like Corey Booker. Just be careful about not believing polls. We also risk splitting the vote by a tea party candidate running against the E. at the midterms. The dems are counting on dividing and conquering they may even throw in a Ross Perot to seal the deal. The GOP/tea party must unite at an early point. Like it, or not.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline alicewonders

Well yes, give the polls the credence that yes - the polls are telling us who the Dems want to be our candidate - the person they want us to unite behind.  Does anyone believe that they are going to guide us toward a candidate that can actually WIN?  For the most part, these are Dem-based polls and they do have some value in that they tell us who they are most afraid of - who they must destroy as a potential candidate.

Forget this name recognition crap - you can be infamously famous!  While it is true that a lot of people aren't paying attention until they get in a voting booth and push the button for the only name on there that they have heard of before - I don't believe this is a winning strategy for us. 

Yes, conservatives have got to unite behind a single candidate this time - not tear each other's eyes out defending our six different picks for an entire year until they only man left standing is John McCain or Mitt Romney.  A conservative candidate will not only have us firing at him - he will have a media mocking him and digging dirt ferociously until they are finished.  We fall for this every time....and we lose. 

Our great conservative philosophy is also our great undoing.  We don't believe in the collective - we believe in the individual - and we are all steadfast in each of our own individual beliefs.  In that regard, we are not "team players" like liberals are.  At the same time, we must choose a candidate that will actually REPRESENT us in Washington - not just play the old "go along to get along" game that is destroying our country.

So I say - ignore the polls - except to see who they DON'T want us to pick!

Offline olde north church

What are Huckabee and "Tea Party" doing in the same sentence?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Where is the agreed definition of what constitutes "Tea Party" anyway?

The chapters themselves are mostly dormant to dead, so it comes down to a few self-appointed heads of Tea Party Patriots, Tea Party Express etc. to "speak" on behalf of a movement which last impacted American electoral politics in 2010.

The media laps it up because it is great for stories, of a plot pitting factions of the center-right against each other. The democrats love this.

What is TP policy and platform? Who speaks for TP? Where are their offices? What are their salaries and bonuses? How was the platform chosen?

When was the last meeting of the TP Caucus in the US House? What is the current list of membership? When will the next meeting be held? Who will preside? Are there published minutes?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Where is the agreed definition of what constitutes "Tea Party" anyway?

The chapters themselves are mostly dormant to dead, so it comes down to a few self-appointed heads of Tea Party Patriots, Tea Party Express etc. to "speak" on behalf of a movement which last impacted American electoral politics in 2010.

The media laps it up because it is great for stories, of a plot pitting factions of the center-right against each other. The democrats love this.

What is TP policy and platform? Who speaks for TP? Where are their offices? What are their salaries and bonuses? How was the platform chosen?

When was the last meeting of the TP Caucus in the US House? What is the current list of membership? When will the next meeting be held? Who will preside? Are there published minutes?

You took much too much time to say you think the tea party is a washout and unorganized.

The tea party is every American soul out there that has half of a brain and common sense to see what is going on with Obama's complete and utter failures of redistributing wealth and lying about phony rights everyone has and the phony war on women.

The tea party is there, has a very large tent and is watching carefully.

As far as the tea party caucus meeting. Who cares? Go look it up. The BCC meets every day, does that warrant them powerful even with Obama as the President? They may have voices but their race-baiting is recognized and makes them an irrelevant joke.

If the KKK stood outside of polling places next election and bully clubbed into their fists and intimidated voters what exactly would happen?

We have radicals in charge and America is watching carefully, much more than you think.

Offline kevindavis007

Okay, I am really frightened. I agree with Sink.

I don't like it but it is true. If a tea party candidate like Cruz or Rand gets the nomination all may be well in the world. If some other Jeb Busher does and mister and mrs. independent and far right conservative stays home. We get President Pantsuits. The schism of the GOP must have a line drawn clearly at midterms, if not, then we will schism in  for the full win: Pantsuits or some other progressive like Corey Booker. Just be careful about not believing polls. We also risk splitting the vote by a tea party candidate running against the E. at the midterms. The dems are counting on dividing and conquering they may even throw in a Ross Perot to seal the deal. The GOP/tea party must unite at an early point. Like it, or not.

I think they will throw in a Ross Perot in 2016.. Count on it, however, the far left does not like the Clintons and I think they may vote Green if Jeb is not the GOP nominee.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline kevindavis007

Well yes, give the polls the credence that yes - the polls are telling us who the Dems want to be our candidate - the person they want us to unite behind.  Does anyone believe that they are going to guide us toward a candidate that can actually WIN?  For the most part, these are Dem-based polls and they do have some value in that they tell us who they are most afraid of - who they must destroy as a potential candidate.

Forget this name recognition crap - you can be infamously famous!  While it is true that a lot of people aren't paying attention until they get in a voting booth and push the button for the only name on there that they have heard of before - I don't believe this is a winning strategy for us. 

Yes, conservatives have got to unite behind a single candidate this time - not tear each other's eyes out defending our six different picks for an entire year until they only man left standing is John McCain or Mitt Romney.  A conservative candidate will not only have us firing at him - he will have a media mocking him and digging dirt ferociously until they are finished.  We fall for this every time....and we lose. 

Our great conservative philosophy is also our great undoing.  We don't believe in the collective - we believe in the individual - and we are all steadfast in each of our own individual beliefs.  In that regard, we are not "team players" like liberals are.  At the same time, we must choose a candidate that will actually REPRESENT us in Washington - not just play the old "go along to get along" game that is destroying our country.

So I say - ignore the polls - except to see who they DON'T want us to pick!

You can ignore the polls at your peril.. Go ahead, however, I don't think that Sarah is going to run in 2016..

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Seeing how we're over 2.5 years before the 2016 election, any poll right now is worthless.

This is PPP polling for news to prop up Hildabeast.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline kevindavis007

Seeing how we're over 2.5 years before the 2016 election, any poll right now is worthless.

This is PPP polling for news to prop up Hildabeast.

Agreed..

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

Now that one's worth a high-five and a head-butt!

:beer:

Offline alicewonders

You can ignore the polls at your peril.. Go ahead, however, I don't think that Sarah is going to run in 2016..

I always ignore the polls.  It's the people that let the media bat them around like a ping-pong ball that are slaves to polls and the manipulating manipulation that goes into them. 

I don't think Sarah will run either, she wouldn't be my pick even if she did. 

Offline evadR

"..they may even throw in a Ross Perot to seal the deal."

Or that Libertarian sleazebag in the Virginia gubernatorial race.

There are all kinds of ways the dims will split the conservative vote.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Rapunzel

Now that one's worth a high-five and a head-butt!

:beer:

Mike Huckabee hasn't a clue what the Tea Party stands for and he ain't it.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline evadR

push poll 101

Offline kevindavis007

"..they may even throw in a Ross Perot to seal the deal."

Or that Libertarian sleazebag in the Virginia gubernatorial race.

There are all kinds of ways the dims will split the conservative vote.

I think we should play that game as well....

Offline evadR

:amen:
:amen:

HOW?

Offline kevindavis007

:amen: :amen:

HOW?

Well for one look for you local Green Party, then of course sign the petition so they can appear on the ballot, but the next step is needing big money.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

:amen: and