Author Topic: Hollywood films a testament to renewed interest in Bible stories Producers of TV series to bring first of three to big screen  (Read 403 times)

Offline Rapunzel

I saw the previews for Son of God when I went to the movies a couple of weeks ago.  Didn't know it was produced by Roma Downey and Mark Burnett, the previews looked like it is well done.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
I saw the previews for Son of God when I went to the movies a couple of weeks ago.  Didn't know it was produced by Roma Downey and Mark Burnett, the previews looked like it is well done.

I saw it as well when we went to see Lone Survivor.  Some of the scenes were clearly from the non-History Channel's series, The Bible.

I think it is that part of the series, plus all of the other scenes that had to be cut out for time.

Noah looks interesting, and could be really good or really bad.  We'll see if they butcher the story or keep true to the Bible.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online mountaineer

Noah looks interesting, and could be really good or really bad.  We'll see if they butcher the story or keep true to the Bible.
I won't be surprised if gay characters and gratuitous sex scenes are added to Hollyweird's "Exodus" and "Noah." The Burnett/Downey production of "Son of God," on the other hand, is likely to be true to Scripture and very well done, just as "The Bible" series was.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf